At Bobcats - Jan 12th - 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2008' started by roscoe36, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    PISTONS: Pistons Mailbag
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

agree with you my CT-EMU homie on all points. How ateam with no point guards could push it real good up the floor and we cannot stop them is beyond me.

Dice is playing to many minutes and should be either relegated back to the bench or pulled after 6 minutes of the first. He should be held to 22 mins a game. Somebody on the Pistons coaching staff has to recognize.. What we need is a cheap Nazr who can play defense and rebound from a team going no where. Too bad Zach Ran is a space cadet as he could give us 20-10 everynight. (he is in zekes doghouse)

You heard what Barkley and the Jet said the other night. if Sheed wanted to, he could average 20-15 everynight....
  3. mikhail1973

Um, how about auditioning Amir for that role??? Wouldn't that be something.
    And, oh by the way, I agree with all the points. Charlotte play-by-play guys said also that if Sheed had the same commitment as Garnett, he could've been better than him.
  4. LA Dre

Amir has auditioned but still has the understudy role:sssh:
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

What did we see tonight? We won the game, largely due to Billups having a great shooting night. A great shooting night from the outside. Just luck really. If we had lost, Flip Saunders would have looked no further than to say we should have shot better.

But what really happened? We got a lead, on hot shooting by Billups, Rip, and Tay. Tay also used his height advantage to get points inside. Speaking of Tay, he took a pretty hard shot in the snout, but apparently it just caused some major pain but nothing serious.

Then we lost the lead. Our biggest weakness, lack of a 4th big in the rotation, did us in - almost anyway. We deal with foul trouble on our bigs by telling them to back off, just let them waltz inside all nite as they wish. And Charlotte took our invitation most welcomely. They charged inside a lot. Eventually, the foul problem got even worse. Both Dyess and Sheed were sitting with foul trouble at the same time.

But back up to the end of the 2nd quarter. It was even worse. We tried to go with Dyess and Herrmann as our bigs, which represents absolutely zero interior D. That was when we lost most of our lead, and basically let Charlotte, a team playing with no point guard, make the rest of the game a hotly contested affair. In contrast, having Brezec in the game late 3rd quarter when we had neither Dyess nor Sheed was much better. Of course, all Brezec can do for the most part is foul out if kept in more than a few minutes, so that is not a great solution. Brezec did get to the hoop for a 3 point play on a cut to the basket. (And Herrmann did make an outside shot upon entering the game.)

Mohammed had a fine game against us. Thankfully though, all his shots were fades, or outside shots. Can you imagine how bad it would be if the guy could actually go to the basket on a post move? We were in enough foul trouble as it was. But anyway, Mohammed had a very good game indeed hitting those outside shots. We were not leaving him open either; he was just shooting over people. And he hit some of his fades too.
    This is the first game in a back to back set. Our stars all played major mintues. Afflalo got 4 minutes. Amir did not play, nor is there any hint that he is even part of the team. Considering he seems to be our best shotblocker and rebounder for the minutes played, and considering we are hurting very badly at our bigs positions, just maybe he should be playing.

Stuckey did get some burn. There has to be some concern about that hand. I hope it is nothing serious, or lingering. Does he need to sit longer to make sure it heals all the way? Just wondering out loud. Worrying. Its swollen a bit apparently from the fall he took two games ago.

A poll was taken on the broadcast, and the overwhelming result was that people think Hunter should play only as needed. (Whatever that means.) Kind of interesting that they would ask fans for input like that.

Someone asked if they should watch this one. I say of course. This game had some exciting moments. Like CB hitting that triple to get us out of that hole we were in with just a couple minutes to go in the game in regulation. And Rip's short jumper in OT. (After he missed several 3's) The Pistons are seeking a championship. Every game is a chapter in that quest. I would never miss one.
  6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

You did say cheap, right? Zach doesn't quite qualify...what with that max contract and all. :sssh:
  7. fwoompf

fwoompf First Round Draft Pick

Any game where Tayshaun is balling is fun to watch in my book. Those hooks are sooo pretty...
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

thanks for the correction mikhail.

it appears flip has a comedic side.

9. Mrcina

Mrcina First Round Draft Pick

Herrmann finally gets chance (??) playing 4 TOGETHER with Prince...:nerd2:
    Why nobody tells Stuckey, how awfull he looks drivin into blockshots all the time??
    ...and 3,017 min for Afflalo??
    Jarvis a scorer for playoffs??
    Saunders wants to ruin bench mentally, so he can play starters allnight long without having to apology. :fishing:
  10. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

This is why Dolphin irritates the hell out of me. Instead of waiting until after the game to make a lame wise crack. DO SOMETHING TO CHANGE THE WAY YOUR TEAM PLAYS!!! DESIGN PLAYS THAT DON'T ALLOW FOR 3'S. CALL DIFFERENT PLAYS. CALL TIME OUTS AND RIP YOUR PLAYERS! STAND OVER THERE ON THE SIDELINE REPEATEDLY SCREAMING INSTRUCTIONS UNTIL THEY GET TIRED OF HEARING IT AND JUST DO IT.

BUT FOR GOD'S SAKE STOP WAITING UNTIL AFTER THE GAME TO COMMENT ON IT!!!
  11. mikhail1973

Great line, Low. I'm with you on this one.
  12. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Anyone who still thinks Flip will eventually wake up and start having some REAL trust in his bench is in denial. It's obvious he's never gonna learn. Sometimes I feel like he plays the young guys for the sake of playing them, nothing more. He's been praised way too much for "trusting his bench". We all know that only lasts until the all-star break - if that.
    Our need for a fourth big man is glaring at this point. Flip can't just trot out the same 3 bigs every night and expect them to play well/not get in foul trouble every night. That's poor roster management. Brezec won't help much. Herrmann's been decent, but he's not good enough as a post defender, and he's a natural 3. Amir hasn't a chance in the world of cracking the rotation. Flip's just gonna label him "not ready" and leave it at that. He's incredibly stubborn and set in his ways. Amir has shown he can at least help in 5 or 10 minute stretches, but noooo. Let guards waltz in the lane to avoid fouls instead. Play slow, foul every possession Brezec instead. Or small ball. :yellowprison: Bad play for the starters = leave them in to find their rhythm. Anything less than perfect play from bench guys = DNP the next few games.

Also, I understand Stuckey being hurt - sit him a few games instead of letting him play and get burned out there. He's gonna lose confidence that way. And what has Afflalo done to deserve getting only 5 minutes despite Rip looking like a man dying of dehydration in the desert? He hasn't sniffed more than 4-5 minutes in the first half since December; not even when Stuckey/Rip weren't playing well. The guy has earned his PT; he's more poised than most rookies, and he actually plays D. I don't see how Flip can use Stuckey as an excuse for that, particularly now that he's hurt. Flippy just has no idea how to help young players build confidence. All of the young players save for Max constantly look over their shoulder at the coach to see if they're getting yanked. That's not the way you develop players.
  13. mikhail1973

And we have a winner!!!
    I am designating this as a post of the day!!!
    :winner_first_h4h:
  14. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

:winner_first_h4h::cheerlie-GOAL:
    P.S. Flippy's jokes aren't remotely funny anyway.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I 2nd (or 3rd) this. What good does it do to say these things when the game is over??
  16. LA Dre

He should have yanked him right in the middle between those four threes in the waning minutes..problem is if he sat him, Jayes would have tried the same thing. Can't believe couldn't could call a time out to run one or two plays that consisted of two Pistons going to the hoop. Maybe we should traded Flip Sr to Charlotte with Piston killer Narz and took coach Sam Vincent in return.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I tried my best to see my beloved team through rose colored glasses. We wont make it to the finals. Another dissappointing loss in the ECF's is inevitable. This has been a sad week in Piston basketball, sad. I tried so hard to believe that Flip would eventually figure it all out, that he would become a better coach.....not gonna happen, good thing about all of this is that this will be his last season here. However next season the team will lose and blame it on "adjusting to a new system".
  18. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We are getting hurt at the center position. It is noticiable lately. Dyss is not the answer for what they are asking him to do. He can play defense against some players but is abused at other times. His jumper can open the floor in some situations. But he adds very little to the starting five at the beginning of a game.

Defensively, he is not the guy to go to at the end of the game.

Brezec just doesn't look good.

We need another big in the rotation....
  19. max

max All-Star

We still won. Not like we lost. Getting to the point where everyone expects a blowout.

You do have to learn from every game. From this game we need more and better front court depth. I would inactivate both Herman/Brezlic and bring in Samb/Amir. Compare this game to the GoldState game where both Samb/Amir played. They did not score a lot in the one game but provided some nice hustle inside with plenty of rebounds and blocks. Thats what we need not another 3-pt shooting power forward.

Flip was ripping on Wally. What does that tell you? Still going to keep him as the 4th option? He was just playing his game the only way he knows how to.

Concerning how Stucky is hurt.
  20. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

So true, so true.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.