At Bobcats - Jan 12th - 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'January 2008' started by roscoe36, Jan 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons @ Charlotte Bobcats

7:00 PM

Saturday, January 12th

Local : WDIV TV HD
    National : NBA League Pass

Radio: 1130 WDFN

Is this NazMo's revenge game, or will Brezec make Charlotte Bobcasts in their own city?

League Charlotte scorers, Jason Richardson and Gerald Wallace. Raymond Felton leads the team in assists @ 6.9 per game, and Emeka Okafor is the team's leading rebounder.

Nazr "The Decider" Mohammed is a solid 11 point, 9 rebound player off the bench for Charlotte.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I m so pissed to miss this game tonight. I have GOT to get richer or hit the lottery. I was all set to meet stephanie 2nite. Nothing ever goes right for me....rats!!!!

4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Bench time tonight with shorthanded Bobcats?

5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

56-26 PIP is not simply due to player execution. That happens by design. Especially when your design is simply to shoot from the outside all night.

6. mikhail1973

That's what Flip was able to instill in the players. Even Prince said - "we are a jump shooting team". Why couldn't he instill something helpful instead?

7. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Ugly, forgettable win tonight...the injury-riddled Bobcats only dressed 8 players and were coming off a double OT loss in Cleveland last night, but they still got into the lane at will throughout most of the second half and almost beat the Pistons 3 nights after beating the Celtics. It looked like an easy win as the starters got out to a big lead in the first quarter, but in a weird second quarter, atrocious play from the bench somehow kept the lead in double digits before the starters came back in and gave most of it away. A lot of bad defense in the second half, combined with a ton of terrible officiating, nearly cost the Pistons the game until CB hit a big 3 in the final minutes to tie it. Probably the less said about this game, the better...a loss obviously would been awful, but the win wasn't a whole lot better. Maybe we're officially entering the "dog days" portion of the season?

8. mikhail1973

A close game that Pistons pulled out after playing pretty bad for 3 quarters + overtime. On that last play where Okafor got called for the goaltending - first he pushed off J-Max to free himself up, then Mohammed pushed Wallace in the back to get the tip in. Refs could've called a foul on either of those plays, so the final call is a mute point. There were also a few questionable calls that made the game closer. But the main problem was that chucking of the jump shots. Rip just kept shooting 3's and missing. Wasn't pretty to watch. Nobody on Pistons can penetrate and finish, at least nobody from the starters. Sheed needs to spend more time on the block. Not necessarily to post up, but at least to draw players and have plays running through him. Most of the time they went to him in the post they ended up with something good. Flip needs to put some plays other than jump shots into that famous playbook of his.

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons steal a victory tonight from the shorthanded Bobcats who outplayed the Pistons tonight. I don't know what the final discrepancy in the paint was but it had to be at least 30+ points. The bench who has had no practice the last two games showed it tonight shooting a paultry 4-21 including 1-8 by hayes. Not to be outdone dice tried to duplicate the figures for the starters going 1-7. Seems that 2008 has been a rough start for Dice, max and Stuckey...hopefully they get out of this funk soon...maybe they just need to get back home.

Rip almost killed us in the end missing 4 straight 3 pointers before hitting a short jumper from the side and and then the last 2 FT to seal the deal. Pistons now 17-0 when scoring 100 points and they needed everyone of them. Good awkward 3 ball to tie it a 91 with less than 15 seconds by Billups.

Meanwhile expect Jordan and Sam Vincent to file a protest vs the ref who called Okafor on a goal tend with less than 3 seconds let in the OT. They will be investigating if he is on the take with Donaghy :sssh:

Looks like the Celtics are going down tonight too..:cheers:

10. mikhail1973

Anyone disagrees that Charlotte got a lot of help from the refs in the game? Not saying intentional, but calls seemed to be slanted a bit. Also, as I said before, there looked to have been two fouls by Charlotte on the last play. I say it was a fair ending. You know, I am not the one to pout about officiating, but this just didn't look good.

11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I thought the officiating in the third quarter was slanted badly toward the Bobcats, but the refs decided to even things out a bit more in the 4th quarter by making bad calls on both ends. Whatever it was, it was bad.

12. LA Dre

Fouls were almost even at 26 for Pistons and 23 for the Cats, but the refs seem inconsistant. Nazrr actually fouled Sheed on the put back, so even if the goaltend had not occurred, the pistons should have got the ball back. The Bobcats were much more aggressive than we were. We played like we had been in a double OT game the night before.

Nazr was a monster thorn in our side 19 pts an 13 boards...I am sure joe was impressed. looks like MJ may have the last laugh on this trade especially if the Cats start to put together a run here...we could see them in the first round!!

13. mikhail1973

It may end up a trade that benefited both teams with Nazr actually helping Bobcats and Pistons getting rid of a significant contract of a player who didn't fit in.

14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i thought the officiating was terrible but again the pistons got lazy after getting a huge lead. there was a lot of garbage plays where we could've gone up by 6-8, but thanks to a no-call and and-1 on the other end, it would stay at like a 2-3 point game.

jarvis had wide open looks from 3, just missed...same with rip. 0/5 and 2/9 from long range...youch. and again we continue to take long 2s.

pretty ugly all around, max continues to struggle along with dyess, and stuckey needs to be more aggressive rather than just pass once while 4 feet behind the 3-line and then let someone else shoot. at least afflalo got some time. this would've been a good game to get amir in, yet nothing...again. what's going on there, and when is someone in the media finally going to give us the scoop?

15. mikhail1973

Didn't Langois just recently say on Pistons.com that they don't think that Amir is not ready to play yet?

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Didn't watch the game, but love the point differential in the paint!, and the min for Rip,Tay,Billups. It's nice to know we can depend on Flip using the bench.

:)

This is on the heels of an article that talks about how the Pistons are looking to score more in the paint. A little disappointing. Also what's gotten into Nazr? That's 2 or 3 games in a row, he's beasting. Was he still his usual awful self defensively?

I thought Hermann would get more burn; it being his old team and all, and Afflalo since it seems like we were getting burned in the paint ?

Upset about it being w/o Felton, and them coming off double OT, but the Bobcats have been playing tough, and always play us tough. Is it worth watching later or a game to skip?

edited to add;
    Maybe the min are catching up to Dice. Max could just be hitting a wall of some sorts. He isn't use to playing this much either.

17. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The first quarter was great, but after that, I would suggest you burn the tape. :flame:

18. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i don't think so

19. LA Dre

I concur. I have it taped on my DVR, but will definitely delete it. The Pistons should burn it too, but Flip needs to show them how we got beat up in the paint and question those 29 three point attempts...Obviously we still do not know how to break down a zone...or even attempt a layup...while both Boston and Charlotte performed layup drills on us.

20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Reason 1 why we wont win Title:
    BY FARRRRRRR!!! the worst win of the season and Flip's worse coaching job by miles. Here was a Bobcat team with NO point guards and we pressed and trapped them as many times as I've had sex with Janet Jackson!! NONE!!!:gun1:Is he nuts! U gonna let MATT CARROLL walk the ball up. This was a sign that if it wasnt for Cowens and Porter, there'd be no control of this team. Unless we WIN the Championship, this will be Flip's last year. ....Duh-uh!

reason 2: Sheed
    If yall think that the Piston players 'really' have faith that sheed will be there when the going gets tough, yall dont watch the body language. he air balled a freekin layup tonite. He had 6 rebounds and played his usual "let my exteammate get his tonite" defense on Nazr. 19 pts and 13 rebounds!!???Give me a fff-in break!! Then he went "LeBron matador" again on GWallace. I just dont trust him. U gonna tell me Mohammed is better than Duncan?

reason 3: McDyess
    Playing too many minutes. I like his 11 rebounds but he's flat on his J's and he cant dunk any more. He hasnt blocked a shot in months! We cant go into the playoffs with him on defense and we dont NEED his offense. I would love a pickup for a meathook like Chris wilcox, Jeron Collins, Udonis Haslem...Ben wallace?

Id like to see tomorrow's game as a scrimmage or a preseason game.Play the starters in the 1st and just let the chips fall after that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.