At Atlanta March 7th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 2, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yup, thanks for filling in the backstory Bill. :good:
  2. detteam

detteam All-Star

Koncak couldn't snare the squirrels in my backyard either
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

God, I hope that's not true. He might be partially retarded if that is his downfall. And that would explain the foul thing too.

Play #1- run around and set picks
    Play #2- run around and set picks
    Etc...
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You should probably re-read my posts then especially the ones after the BOS and DEN game.
    ----
    A win being a win doesn't count when you're comparing a win to another win.
    Really? Can you specify? b/c i didn't see it. Again it's a completely subjective take. You're reading into "body language" and making assumptions based off that that fit into a view you already believe.

Seriously, the point I am making, is that what many people think is irrelevant. Let's not outsource our thinking.

Why use the view of someone who you don't find credible to support your argument that the players don't like playing with AI and thus don't give "effort"?

Or it could just be as simple as AI doesn't play well with others, and it's not working on the court in a basketball sense. Previous history with AI would lend credibility to this view. Maybe the spring in the step and the renewed spirit you're seeing is because the games are close, we actually have a chance to win, and the execution is now producing positive results.
  5. roscoe36

You might not have seen it because you don't watch every game. I do.

You misapplied my statement to be an argumentum ad populum. I'm not saying it is true because everyone agrees with me. I am saying that a lot of people watch the games, and saw exactly what I am talking about. The sky isn't blue because we all agree it is. The sky is blue because we all observe it is blue. Big difference.

I don't find mystery sources credible, I don't recall questioning Marc Stein's own observations.

Perhaps. We discussed it in podshow tonight. AI played in Stuckey's 38 and 40 point games. AI is not holding back Stuckey. And we all know Rip could score like crazy off the bench, so we know that moving Rip to the bench, wasn't causing losses because he played well, and we've won without him.

Maybe. But that's not the scuttlebutt.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I have nothing to say to that. I'm not engaging in that stupid argument again.
    Which is exactly what i was doing when you said it to me. I wasn't stating that b/c these people agree that he sucks, i must be right that he sucks.

Does the caliber of opponent factor into the thinking? Or perhaps the fact that Rip's defense in the SL might be a major reason for the change? Prince mentioned how they were starting the games in a hole, and then having to make it up constantly. Maybe that's a factor as well.

It's too easy to say well now they try; before they didn't. It completely ignores everything else especially the liability defensively that AI/Stuck backcourt became.
  7. roscoe36

The AI/Stuckey backcourt had no problems beating Billups in the rarified Denver air, on the road.

I'm not taking the easy way out. I'm agreeing with Marc Stein and what he claims to be hearing. They don't dislike AI, they don't want to play with him. It's pretty much par for the course with this group. The reason why Billups had to be traded, was that there was no way Stuckey would have been able to start. It speaks volumes about the direction of the organization when Rip and AI, two All-Stars are sent to the bench and there is never any question if Stuckey should be making way for either of them.

Your anger towards AI is misdirected. But then, I have been saying that for months. He didn't ask to come here, and I don't feel that he has given any less than anyone else on in our uniform.

Like Rip said, "it ain't gunna happen" about going to the bench. How prophetic those words were.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't think that was the case; AI came in and started. If we played well AI would still be starting. In fact i remember you stating that saying the trade was for Stuckey to start is "revitionisist history".

I'm not angry at AI; this has very little to do with AI. I haven't been on the "effort" bandwagon for a long time. I believe that AI doesn't fit with the SL. I've said from day 1 that i wanted to see him w/ AA b/c i thought it had the potential to become an extremely dangerous backcourt, but what this is more about is players not trying. I've had this argument during the Flip era where people have stated well they're just not trying hard enough; it's has nothing to do with coaching, line-up, etc.

I saw frustration from the players in the previous SL. You saw pouting.

You see Sheed sitting there angrily and assume he's mad about Rip being benched when in reality he could just be pissed off no one got him gatorade.
  9. roscoe36

I just got confirmation from my inside source.

Sheed was angry that there wasn't money in the stimulus package to finance a manned mission to Mars.
  10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Well that explains it. I'm glad we got that cleared up.
  11. roscoe36

It is revisionist history. That is not how it was sold when AI was brought in.
  12. roscoe36

I know. He didn't fit when we beat the Lakers. He didn't fit when Stuckey scored 40 on the Bulls or 38 on the Queens.

He didn't fit when we beat the Spurs. Or when we beat the Cavs. He didn't fit during the 7 game win streak. He didn't fit against the Magic.

He didn't fit with Rip, he didn't fit without Rip.

He didn't fit with both Sheed and Rip out.

The objective evidence is overwhelmingly in your favour. I yield the point.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Then he should have gone to college to get some seasoning in the class room too. We've got a couple of schools out here that may have taken a chance on him...:lecturer:

Figure I throw this in before this appeared to be a Roscoe vs lpgrl thread
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

This sounds to me like a whole lot of verbage about nothing.

We lost to Atlanta with AI starting, and just now with AI not playing. Either way, it comes down to the coach overplaying the combination of Sheed and Dyess - which lost us both games. There was no difference between the two games in effort, not one bit. The one thing that remained the same between the games - a coach who can't get the rotations right.
  15. roscoe36

You should have heard me on the podshow tonight. ;) :eyebrows: :icon_evil:
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

i don't know about now.... but at the start of the season it was def assignments that he was missing... and no i can't find the quotes... but I remember currey saying he missed alot of the switches and such and got lucky alot of times because of his quickness he could recover but that in itself lead to alot of his silly fouls.

So maybe thats the isssue to why he isn't playing....

I would think that wouldn't be as big a deal if he's running up and down the court with a man to man only defense with ai though....
  17. roscoe36

Oh yeah, I forgot about how AI didn't fit with Amir when AJ was starting.
  18. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

You can name games all you want. Ignore the 8 game losing streak. Do whatever you want. It doesn't change the fact that the SL as currently constructed is better suited for a half-court game, and that AI is not effective in half-court and his defense gets even more exposed in a slow paced game.

I can sit here and list many things wrong with the games that you've named, and you can continue to reference a win streak that didn't include Sheed, and took a miracle shot to beat the Clippers, but it's not going to make a difference. You seem more concerned about the "mistreatment" of AI by the org,fans,etc. than anything i'm saying anyway.
    Right so then why are you stating this;
  19. roscoe36

Mistreatment by "the fans"?

I don't believe players get "mistreated". These are men, not baby seals. I don't believe AI or AJ are "victims". These are young alpha millionaires with a life many of us can't even imagine.

And I could care less what fans think. Most fans are not very bright. That's why we have this forum. It's a place for sane, rational adults to commiserate about life and basketball and Michigan.

When AI was brought in, the organization did not sell the fans that Stuckey would start. AI was supposedly brought in to replace Billups.

Now that we have seen that the org. values Stuckey above both Rip and AI, it is obvious that Billups also was likely traded to facilitate the rise of Rodney to the starting lineup.

The duplicity doesn't lie with my posts, but I believe, with the narrative of Keith Langlois.
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Want to go back to ignoring each others posts? That was fun.