1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

At Atlanta March 7th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'March 2009' started by Dlev59, Mar 2, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

And how. Nice recap.

2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Fair enough. I'll amend it to many people. My point is it's not an all of a sudden thing b/c we lost. I work hard to make sure to include our frontcourt sucked less or AA over Hermann as much as possible even after the wins LOL.

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Just luck hey? Can't figure it out? It is not that complicated at all.

Sheed and Dyess are two old men who should not be paired up in this game. Minus 1 in the first quarter. Minus 1 in the 3rd quarter. Again, as so many times, failed to get a win at the end of the game.

Bynum is not the player Stuckey is. He looked good against a non-existent defense in the last game, against a depleted GS team. We rocked with Stuckey and Afflalo paired to end the 1st quarter. Sheed was in the game, but he was still fresh, on just his 10th, 11th, and 12th minutes of the game. In contrast in the 3rd quarter, he was still there, but the old codger was now in his 28th, 29th, and 30th minutes.

To start the 4th quarter, instead of bringing a completely fresh player in Kwame Brown, like in the 2nd quarter, we march out an old tired man in Dyess, now playing his 25th, 26th, and 27th minutes of the game to open the quarter.

Dude, it ain't luck. Its logic. I know you and your good buddy Low don't believe it matters who plays the minutes - but it does. Its Curry's rotations losing these games - not the players.

4. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Didn't ATL only score 85 points or something like that? I think the defense was fine.

There is no reason Amir should [STRIKE]see a DNP against this frontline[/STRIKE] play.

5. roscoe36

Who are these many people? I'm curious because I debate a lot, and I am always suspicious when people make appeals to the collective logic of the masses.

I know Lee agrees with you. I imagine TaShawn agrees with you on several points. Does this constitute a "many"?

6. roscoe36

That's a strawman.

And you are my good buddy too.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Sounds like a Flip supporter. Play less than your best, lose the game, and say the defense was good enough. Definitely not saying it was as good as could have been, just saying it was good enough. Good enough for what? We lost the game. A lot of that was our old front line getting punked out by younger players. A whole lot.

8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

PPG aside they were getting easy basket after easy basket and O rebound after rebound.

Since you want to argue over this instead of the point i was trying to make that people aren't all of a sudden blaming the line-up because we lost and crediting it when we win, i will go through the game threads to see how many people had a negative view of Hermann.

How many is many in your opinion? Just so i have a number to shoot for.

9. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I should have said our good buddy. Just typing fast.

10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If you go to other forums, you can find dozens quick. Very few people support Herrmann playing. (though there are some who believe he can spread the floor with his sub 25% shooting.)

11. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Nope. In all wins, and losses, a ton of mistakes get made. If a coach does not maximize his chances to win by playing the right players, its a coaching loss. We made plenty of mistakes, but we hit plenty of shots too.

12. roscoe36

That's the question I am asking you.

I want to know, so if I find 3 or 5 people who agree with me, I can say, "Hey, many hold this opinion".

Seriously, the point I am making, is that what many people think is irrelevant. Let's not outsource our thinking.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Point taken, but my argument wasn't based on people feeling the same way as me just relevant b/c i was pointing out that opinions are not swinging as wildly as you believe from win to loss

And completely irrelevant now to the argument, but i went back and have counted 9 posters with a negative opinion of Hermann in the last 2 game threads not including Lee and Tashawn (i'm not going to do a % of how many posters that is in relation to the #) There's no need to respond to this. I just took the time to do it so i felt the need to post it.

edited to add;

Scary thought about this game in terms of the PO's. ATL's crowd is nuts, and they play 10x better in front of them.

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

Argumentum ad populum.

Argumentum ad populum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I paid $1200 to learn about this at Wayne State.

15. detteam

detteam All-Star

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Bottomline, we are weak in the front court depth wise.

Our two starting big men are 33-34 years old and we should have two old men playing out there together for long stretches as it hurts the D. the problem is our backups are not consistent, but we have to play them. Max has played well during the streak, (winning) but he could revert to Mr. inconsistent as early as...well tonight.

Sometimes you don't want to fix it, if it ain't broken, but Dice scoring is down the past couple of games and you have to wonder if he is wearing down. Seems that with your sixth man AI gone for another 10 days, maybe you start Amir and have Dice in there with the second unit until AI returns. That would at least put a youngster in there with Sheed instead of Dice and Sheed getting beaten in the middle like they did tonight.

I'd also end the Herrman experiment. He has scored 2 pts each in the last 2 games and hit three 3-pointers in the last 7 games..(a total of 21 points)..talking about a waist of time. I am sure that even if we would have gotten those same 21 points out of Afflolo, we could have prevented at least 3 hoops a game ...Didn't come into play tonight, but something that needs to be considered the next few games ......Just one mans opinion.

17. linwood

linwood All-Star

I had a polite discussion with my advisor about that. :swear2:

She was able to convince me that it was necessary if I wanted to graduate, so I was happy to take the class. :pout:

18. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

They do play much better at home, but I think that has a lot more to do with favorable officiating (which was again the case tonight) then it does with their crowd. Their crowd sucks IMO and their PA announcer is just awful.

I wouldn't be overly worried about playing Atlanta in the playoffs, home court or not. Honestly, with the Jameer Nelson injury (and the fact that we own them anyway) there are only two teams that I can say are CLEARLY better than the Pistons in the east. It's pretty weak this year.

19. roscoe36

I wish I had known this stuff years ago. I've had to teach myself by debating people who actually know how to debate. They start saying, "that's a logical fallacy" and I was like, "Wha?"

I probably lost more than $1200 in lost productivity in flame wars in the last 2 years. :ohwell:

20. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree Dre. I saw Sheed throw up a couple of airballs tonight, and I think he may have been a little tired. Problem is... I think a tired, 33 year old Rasheed Wallace may still be much, much better than a well rested Amir Johnson or Kwame Brown.

I like Maxiell when he eats babies, but other than that I don't see alot of consistent talent on our bench.