at Atlanta Hawks Wednesday November 3 7:00 pm

Discussion in 'November 2010' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds like Sheed taught the Joggernaught a few things before he left Detroit....:stirthepot:
  2. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

LOL...that sounds like Blazer fan circa 19-J.R. Rider...

Still blaming a guy 2...3....4 years AFTER he's left the team....LOL
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You are forgetting he still lives in MI. Next thing that is Rodney's fault will be the first thing........
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

That's a good article Ernie.

THAT my friends is what cost us the game. It wasn't the benching of Stuckey. It wasn't lacking Rip/Bynum. It even wasn't Tay running the point. It was Charlie's defense. But, the fault lies squarely on Q for NOT seeing what everybody else in the world saw and adjusting his lineup.
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

There is plenty of Blam for last nights lose, but I disagree with Q being all at fault. Stuckey has to take a huge amount of this.... I don't care what beef you have with a coach, you disrespected not only your fellow team members.... but also the fan base as a whole by not going back into the game when your number was called.

I also have to say this comes home to roost to Joe for letting the players run the show here for the last 8 years..... Whether you want Q as the coach is a very open topic and I waffle back and forth on it myself. BUT players play and coaches coach and in Detroit for the last 8 years when heads butt the coach has been the loser and thats why we are here.

This is going to either ruin this team (not that there seems to be much to ruin), or... just maybe Q will finally take leadership and control of this team and start to mold it how maybe he's wanted to for the last year but has always backed down to the players (think how the coach had to break the team in hoosiers :P). We need a strong coach with the young players/talent I feel we have before there a lost cause like the folks from 04 that wasted away a few championships IMO.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Only saw the first quarter...debating now if I should watch the remaining on my DVR. I did listen in the car while driving downtown and could not for the life of me figure out why the Hawks announcer was not calling Stuckeys name....thought maybe he was hurt or in foul trouble.

When me and my son got to Staples we lost satellite coverage as we drove into the underground garage so when it went out, the Pistons up 81-80. I told my son that we are going into crunch time and though the Pistons had put together a nice run to retake the lead, I had no faith they would hold on to it.

Of course when we checked the progress of the game on his smart phone, prior to going into the Clipper game, my fear held was realized.....:yellowprison:

Looking at ESPN "Hawks" highlights, it appears that when Williams went out, Zaza, came in and Horford switched to PF and that was the end....

Fire all of the coaches and the GM.....bring on Laimbeer and Mahorn to run this band of missfits.
  7. Brap

Brap Starter

With the loss of Jerebko, we've got NOBODY at PF right now who can defend the position adequately. Perhaps Monroe and Ben Wallace could become a good duo on D. But asking a rookie to solidify the PF defense is as far-fetched as thinking Daye (who currently has less than good strength for the position) or that CV can do it.

We need to face it: we're a tiny undermanned team. We've got some nice pieces for the future (Stuckey - if he doesn't implode, WTF is going on with him? Very worrisome)- Daye and Monroe and JJ and Gordon, seem like keepers to me.

We're goint to lose a crapload of games this year.
  8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Summary from rotoworld...

The Pistons, who fell to 0-5 last night, are in full meltdown mode and Rodney Stuckey is suddenly at the center of the storm. John Kuester twice summoned him to come into the game last night but was simply ignored by the point guard. So Kuester didn't mess with him in the second half and Stuckey finished with just 13 minutes and five points. Kuester called Stuckey and the rest of the team out on Tuesday and has apparently lost them. Joe Dumars really should be on the hot seat for the way he's run the team into the ground over the last five years, while Kuester simply needs to go so fantasy owners can on with their lives. It's a real shame, too, as Stuckey was playing at such a high level this year. Will Bynum is hurt, which left DaJuan Summers to handle the point guard duties in the second-half loss to the Hawks. I have no idea how this is going to end, but they can't fire the players. Stuckey faces disciplinary action, but don't be surprised if Tayshaun Prince or another veteran pulls a similar move, as it's clear the players are fed up with how things are going in the locker room and on the bench.!
  9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Someone will have to pull a Magic Johnson and go to management and get Kuerster ousted. When Magic did that in 1981, the lakers went to one of their radio announcers and Patrick Riley was born......Looks like Rick Mahorn is the obvious choice here:sssh:
  10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Q's mistake wasn't sitting Stuckey. His mistake was not realizing that Atlanta kept exploiting our defensive weakness in CV. He should've taken CV out when we were up 5 and inserted Wallace or Maxiell to maintain the lead.

Ain't that the sad truth. Our best post defender last night was T-Mac when three times in the 3rd & 4th quarters he had to defend the Atlanta bigs after a pick-n-roll switch.
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That statement isn't worded right. Stuckey was in the game, when he got pulled and benched for the night. Kuester called Stuckey over, trying to get his attention while he was in the game and Stuckey ignored him, leading to the benching.
  12. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Last night I looked at the game and said, "Good D Charlie!" about 3 or 4 times, I was impressed, but down the stretch, we was as bad you could get.

I found it hilarious that Q took out our best PG (T-MAC) for defensive purposes, well...... actually I thought it was a good move, but he left Charlie Garbage, I mean Lottery Ticket in the game??????

The most alarming and surprising thing so far this season, team speed. We are sooooooo slow, Tay, Ben, Daye, Gordon, and Lottery Ticket are all super slow, transition D is awful.
  13. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The thing I noticed about CV last night was he was very good on team defense (sagging, helping, rotating, defending screen and roll, etc.). He got into HUGE trouble, however, when the Hawks isolated him and he had to guard someone (anyone) one-on-one.
  14. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

A lot has been written about whose fault it is, the players, or the coach for losing a game.

That is not how it goes.

Each individual has responsibility, not "the players."

The coach is unique, in that, all coaching results fall on his shoulders. He may be part of a team, but in large part, he chooses that team - or at least who he listens to within that team.

So basically, if you can't find fault with any individual player, you got two choices to consider. One, its bad coaching, or two, the other team is just better than your team.

Yes, the coaching had a lot to do with the loss. But Atlanta had a lot to do with the loss too, as they simply made a ton of outside shots when we did manage upon occasion to shore up the interior D.

The players? Name one, and what he failed to do (limit discussion to what that player is actually capable of), and we can discuss that.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

We had very few turnovers yet Atlanta scored a ton of transition buckets, why, because Players didn't get back on D in transition. Everyone one them were guilty at some point or another during the course of the game, and that's not individual responsibility, it's a team game that requires a team effort to win, there is no need to play the Lee Game and single any individual out.

It was stated earlier down the stretch of a tight ball game in the fourth quarter you need a player who can get or create shots, hit big shots (from deep) and play tough defense. On this team our best defensive players are our worst offensive players, the best scorers are our worst defenders and they're really bad. If Greg Monroe played D like Maxiel we'd be OK, if CV could play D like Maxiel we'd be OK, but both are awful right now. And poor Austin Daye, in his 2nd year we've asked him to play and learn 4 different positions and the least of those positions is the one he's actually good at. This 0-5 start is much like the financial meltdown, there's enough blame for everyone to go around.
  16. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

True 'dat.

Maybe they should play Joggin' Rod and Mr. Adjustment Ben Gordon separately and pair them with 4 slow guys. (The competition for these positions will be Dream Team like.)

The 4 slow guys will rebound, throw outlet passes and just stay back on D like an out of shape guy at the Y while JR and The Adjustment go one on 5 at the other end. (They're probably going to do this anyway.)

Sheed and his half court shooting would really work in this offense as a last ditch outlet.
  17. Brap

Brap Starter

We're all mad and angry and frustrated, etc. However, here's the thing. With JJ out, we just don't have the interior horses to compete. We're slaughtered nightly by the D of our PF's. Daye's actually our best D guy at that position - Maxiell doesn't have the footspeed or height, CV doesn't provide much defense as that's genetic for him -- but none of the guys we can use there is anything other than a liability, so we have no hopes of stopping any team down the stretch. Our permiter guys try to cheat in and help and that leaves their men a ton of room.

We can't provide an answer as a team, because there is no possible viable answer. It's not that Coach Q's moves are bad or anything - it's just that there are no moves to make that can help.
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Jeb is my boy but there's only so much that a 2nd year Swedish popcorn-fetcher could do to bolster this pathetic "front line". (I put the words "front line" in quotations due to the fact that what the Pistons have right now can hardly be called a front line)
  19. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Whatchoo talkin bout, BDL? Jeb'd be mixin it UP down there fosho! 15-15 average AT LEAST!