at Atlanta Hawks Sunday March 20 2:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Which would guaranty the #1 pick.
    And another rookie coach.
    And another 3-4 very bad seasons.
    And chances for "Houston" like picks.
  2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

I am not sure this coach isn't so bad that he has cost us 10-15 losses this season.

We are almost done with the season and I bet NOT ONE player on our roster could define what he thinks the coach expects from him or his role on this team.

That would be the baseline for moving your team forward and we don't even have that.
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

I would almost agree with you... I think Monroe since he settled in to his role in latish November has been the one for sure thing with the rotation, but beyond that.... yea nobody should feel safe from game to game how they will be used.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe really lets the game come to him. That's a good way to make sure that you stay on the court as a rook. No mistakes and unselfish play.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

True dat. Even the Huggernaut is no longer sure where he fits with the team.
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Thats why I was the 1 guy that voted 10+ wins with a different coach on the recent poll....Im lookin like a genius now huh????:sssh:
    http://www.pistonsforum.com/detroit...poll-379-how-much-better-better-coaching.html
  7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

8. copper

copper Bench Warmer

no, I will disagree with ya on this. Our clueless1 has made some idiotic starting rotations and even dumber substitutions. Not to mention his inability to manage a game. I agree we wouldnt be vying for the trophy regardless of who is holding the clipboard, but with more stability on the bench and in the lockerroom we would defenitely be in a much better position for the playoffs.
  9. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

gotta agree. I have seen this coach do things this year that absolutely boggle the mind.

I don't think we would be trophy contenders either but we would look a whole lot different. Players going from getting increasingly better game by game to strings of DNP-Cd's comes to mind right off the top of my head.
  10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Last year Q got a pass because the top 8 players by my count missed approximately 154 games due to injuries. He was not consistently playing with a full deck, but the team still managed to get 27 victories

Even if you take JJ out of the equation this year, there still should have been a 10 game improvement since the they only lost no more than 30 games to injuries and they added a vet in TMac and Daye & Monroe looked decent in their roles for a rookie and a soph.

Last year at this time, the Pistons were 23-47 and in the midst on a 11 game taynking streak before finishing the season with a record of 27-55.

They currently have 12 games left and I see maybe 5 W's that may get them to 30 victories, which would be only a +3 over last season...unless they decide to taynk again..

So that same meager talent that managed to win 27 games last year with crippled bodies, should have won at least 35 this year even with JJ on the shelf. So in my opinion it must be the coach, who still cannot figure out whom to start and when to make in game adjustments for a team that he has coached over 150 games..:sssh:
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Put it this way, you won't find Kuester drinking a Dos Equis.
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good observation.
  13. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Five more maybe, who knows? But anyone would have trouble coaching this bunch - too many players who need minutes who play the same spot. All rotations will look idiotic pulling from this bunch. You either have to sit guys who should be playing or play everyone 15 minutes.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not sure this team would have faired any better last year if you take away the injuries. If Kobe or LeBron are injured, you expect their team may have a dropoff. If Ben Wallace gets injured, a guy like Jerebko gets playing time and the team may actually win MORE games. The team has gone on several nice winning streaks the last two seasons when Rip has been sidelined.