at Atlanta Hawks Sunday March 20 2:00 pm

Discussion in 'March 2011' started by roscoe36, Oct 19, 2010.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Detroit Pistons at Atlanta Hawks

Sunday March 20

2:00 pm

Local TV: FS Detroit

Nat'l TV:

Radio: 97.1 FM The Ticket

2. Pistons0809

Pistons0809 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Here's to hoping PF.com catches this fun little matinee! :)

Go Pistons!

3. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Did we actually beat the Amari/Melos last ?
    AntiTaynking. AntiLottery.

4. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

I would already take Monroe over Hortford and Smith but it would be nice to have either of those two in a trade to complete a Monroe-JJ front line.

Hard to believe Monroe is just a 4 month guy. He has had no time to practice NBA type offensive moves. If a player is really good, they show signs and it doesn't take three years. Monroe could turn out to be the best pick in the 2010 draft.

The Pistons already are in better shape long term with Monroe, than the Hawks with their fine, young bigs.

Stuckey is getting better--after three years. Will he turn the corner?

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Sorry I missed the chat folks.

6. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good game up to the incomprehensible Daye for Wilcox substitution around three minutes into the fourth. Wilcox couldn't continue to score from the bench and Daye couldn't guard anyone on the floor. Why take him out? It's not like you can save up those sixth fouls for use late in the season.

7. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If it wasn't here already, I think Pistons apathy has officially arrived. The only game comments came a day after the game and it was a complaint about not leaving Chris Wilcox in the game. What has become of our beloved Pistons nation?

8. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

two fold for me....

I'm alot more positive with what I am seeing with the team then most folks, I am looking at the tree's in the forest not the forest as a whole. Monroe impresses me everytime I watch. I also think there are a few other building blocks to work with if there used in the right roll. The team is majorly flawed and need huge changes and I still will blame a team sale that was supose to be finished before the season started?????? I guess they forgot to mention what year they were talking about.... this annoys me so much more then the troubles on the court.

Two, I was watching college ball yesterday so I really don't have any thing to say about yesterdays game, I see Monroe had another double double....

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I disagree. Special K said during the 4th Q what Joe has been waiting to hear since he began rebuilding the team, "The Pistons bench is the best in the league, bar none, when it comes to scoring."

Take that Lakers!!!

10. BillLaimbeer

It is a good statement about the Pistons roster. We have a lot of great bench / role players. If you are talking about players that would be starters on any team in the league, the Pistons have no one. No Detroit player is even in the top 50:

Hollinger's NBA Player Stats - ESPN Insider - National Basketball Association - ESPN

11. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

March Madness has been very invigorating this season for Piston fans looking for some change and excitement. Just trying to beat Laimbeer in the Yahoo tourney has given my life new meaning....:)

12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Thats why I don't think were as far away from being a good solid team as some folks think, You add that One Star (come on ping pong balls) and then everybody slides down a slot in what they have to do.... Stuckey as a third option? I like that... Monroe with a year of seasoning and now he becomes a real option on offense... I like that....

The team has talent, just not Lead talent.....

13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I caught the 4th quarter of this game. Monroe and Stuckey were very impressive down the stretch. We could've won this game, but down the stretch two things happened: 1. Atlanta started getting easy pick & roll baskets with Gordon getting trapped in screens and Smith having his way with Daye. 2. Prince & Daye decided that they had enough of Monroe and Stuckey and started forcing shots.

It is surprising to me how well we play the Hawks. On paper, they have two decent bigs, a superstar swingman and a host of decent role players. But, they just might be one of the most overrated teams in the league.

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Don't worry Scoe...it's as if there is a charge/fee to get into there so everyone avoids it anyway...or as Bill says" Piston Nation might be at a crossroads waiting for next season.

Remember Low has not hosted any Podcasts this season either.

The only thing Piston Nation looks forward to is Dennis Rodman's return to the palace to get his number retired. Hopefully we in TVLand get to see it and are not forced see Mateen talk throughout halftime about what they did wrong in the first half.

15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Bynum, TMac, and Villanueva are all right in a row.

Not sure why Afflalo ranked so low (174th with a .620 TS%).

16. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

What starters, only Tay is a game by starter.
    We've played 60 games has anyone started 50 ?
    Are there 2 players that have started 40 ?
    3 that have started 30 ?
    4 that have started 20 ?
    Did any of them play 30 min. avg. ?

17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

We simply don't have a coach worth a darn. Obvious adjustments are never made - cause whatever scheme, no matter how ill advised, that Kuester enters a game with - he will stick to it like a dog holds onto a bone.

I will just throw out one thing, for instance. Wilcox should have started the 2nd half. For one, Atlanta proved its rep big time of only wanting to take outside shots - so Big Ben was not needed inside. 2nd, Wilcox could not miss a shot. If Wilcox had started the 2nd half, gotten some rest, and then finished the game - this very well could have been in the win column.

18. max

max All-Star

Absolutely true Lee. This team is not capable of winning close games. The ones that we have won have been more dumb luck than anything else. And this was a close game for the most part even though we lost by 8.

Roster with 4 guys who have a history of making smart plays and hitting clutch shots in crunch time. Rip, Tay, BG, and T-Mac. Ben Wallace used to be pretty clutch on the defensive end. And yet we can't seem to win anything.

19. BillLaimbeer

The Pistons record (25-45) has more to do with the roster than the coach. The team is on pace to go 29-53. If the Pistons had some "super wonder coach" that everyone thinks would want to coach this team, perhaps they win 5 more games. Would you be more happy if the team finished 34-48? All that does is gives us the #10 pick in the draft instead of the #6 pick.

The team needs to rid itself of the old guard (Rip, Tay, etc.) before it can truly turn the page and start progressing in a forward direction. Once that happens, getting a new coach would be a higher priority.

20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:thumb: Like