At Atlanta Feb. 12th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'February 2008' started by Dlev59, Feb 11, 2008.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Pistons win! now that was a fun game. Here are my "Q"lights:

1. Sheed was vintage as he went west coast on a brutha in the 1st qtr. Hawks broadcast had excelelnt highlights of sheed's only game in a Hawk uniform from 04.

2. I would trade Atlanta's play by play guy for Blaha ANY time. He doesnt overpump his young team and really sounds like he likes the Pistons. we know my former Eastside buddy Steve Smith does.

3. If you could combine Tay's demeanor with Josh smith's skills, you'd have one helluva player. Josh smith has the brains of yogi Bear.

4. Amir smoked the second quarter and would have dominated in the 4th. Flip HAS to have some kind of brain deficiency or something. Amir had an offensive rebound putback where he leaped, caught with two hands and layed it in with one that was so pretttty. Damn!

5. Hawks came back because Woodson is a GREAT coach. Piston DNA.

6. Where are all the Acie Law, the 4th peeps at!!???:pound:

7. 25 ct put on a show that was so good, chauncey was able to dominate the 4th qtr. I just hope Flip was watching. Steve Smith said stuckey remind him of Joe D and that when Joe was scouting him , Joe said "Hey...that's me!":pound:Then smith said Cent doesnt have dumars' "stroke' yet, but he looked pretty on an open j later on.

8. I love how sheed kept himself in the game after his tech. If he does that in cleveland last year, he'd have another ship right now.

9. Nice 4th qtr tease by the Hawks and my wife liked how "I was just sitting there' as Hawks took the lead. my response? "Puh-thehell-leeeze!"

10. Atlanta fans showed Pistons their usual love. great reaction to Billups' j's in the 4th. Mr Bigshot yay-es!

The Good- Sheed in the 1st, Amir in the 2nd, Cent with the Krazze left hand shooting and BigShot late

The Bad- AA made three awful decisions, Flip not playing Amir in the 4th, JMax regressing to last year.

But it was funnnn........
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I get this sense as well. Him playing the entire 2nd seems like it's becoming a normal thing, and in the 4th when he's not in sometimes he's missed.

His penetration is fun to watch. It's been so long since we had someone like that. Also his mid-range is alot better than i thought it would be. He has the tools to be a good defender. He slacks occassionaly, but he's young. I like him alot.
  3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'll have my thoughts on the game later. in the meantime, i just wanted to express my disappointment at not seeing briana from the a-town dancers on the broadcast. she's got a nice 1280x1024 picture that is my current wallpaper stretched out to 1920x1200 :)

http://www.nba.com/media/hawks/briana_beach07_26.jpg - potentially NSFW
  4. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

ohthehellmygod!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cold:
  5. max

max All-Star

typo.
    It really is amazing when you think that this is only the 2nd month of the season for him.
  6. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Oh crap. Nooooo. The number 1 seed is overrated. There has been no number 1 seed in the NBA Finals for at least the last 4-5 years. Do they really wanna run into LeHype in the second round and then the Celts in the ECF (if we win)? I'm starting to think that seed is jinxed.

On the game - My internet fizzled out in the middle of the game. It was a good game for the young guys, and Flipper's probably still a bit shaky on Amir. I don't like it, but what can you do. At least he's playing the young guys.
  7. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Some will only be happy if we win with Stuckey, AA, and AJ playing 24 mins and getting triple doubles. While The starters play the other 24 mins and shoot 92% from the floor - with 75% of all shots coming in the paint, 15% from inside of 15 feet, and the occasional trey ball. In the process the team must not give up a single offensive rebound, and we should rebound all of our missed shots for putback dunks. On defense, everyshot needs to be blocked, and zero dribble penetration is allowed. We should win all games 125-0.

AA played, AJ played and Stuckey BALLED!!!! We have a solid TEN man rotation. We won this game because of how Flip is using this bench. Billups had much game in the 4th because of the rest he's been getting (not just tonight, but all season) from Stuckey's stellar play......last time I checked Flip did put Stuckey in the game right? Take it from me, be happy, the young'ns ARE PLAYING and CONTRIBUTING. Don't allow AJ not getting 5 2nd-half mins effect your perspective.
  8. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Fun game. Like what I saw of Stuckey and Amir.

We got outboarded badly. Is it just a regular season game and not to worry? Maybe. But that may be a problem for us.

They really got up into our offense in the 3rd. I hope the coaching staff will be ready as teams try this in the playoffs.
  9. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Maybe, but I really don't think so. If Flip looks out there and sees Horford pushing Dyess and Max around, does one really believe Amir "Still light in the pants" Johnson is the remedy?? I mean I was screaming for the kid too, and IMHO I would have subbed Max for AJ, but I do see Flips logic in this one.

You would either have to ask Amir to battle the very strong Horford or defend the hot Josh Smith.......not the most ideal situation for the kid. HOWEVER .....he continues to JUST GET IT DONE. The BOY defies logic quite often.
  10. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

AJ had a good six plus minutes.

He will be well rested for the Pacers. LOL

:hoops:
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

We got punked in the paint 54-34 too, missed 10 FT's and had only 15 dimes, but the better "team" still won because Flip has figured out how and when to play them...
  12. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I don't think he was the answer, I just thought he could help, at least in the rebounding department. I do see where Flipper was coming from, though. As long as he keeps giving the younger players minutes he's on my good side.

On that note...Amir had only one foul today (guarding matchup nightmare Josh Smith). That's the least number he's accumulated in a while. A sign of an improvement? ermm...I might need a bigger sample size.
  13. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

(Long Sigh) As Piston fans we're just like abuse victims. We've been lied to and lied to and lied to. Flip is not giving the young players minutes, they're earning them, and have solidified roles in the rotation. But much like an abuse victim we have no ability to trust or let our guard down. You know, all of this is a direct result of Delfino and Darko!!
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

Crazy, man. That's just exactly what I was telling my friend tonight before the game. He said I was being unrealistic expecting the Pistons to win 125-0, since anything more than 105-5 was really just running up the score and being unsportsmanlike.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's his length and athleticism. He had no problem rebounding when Horford was in the game in the 2nd. Took a few away IIRC.

I can't remember if they tried Horford posting him up. I do remember JS posting him up being successful the first 2 times, and then Amir forcing a tough shot the 3rd. To really know how to defend a guy, it's important to play against him and learn some of his tendencies.

The problem with Max, what's always been, is his lack of height. It really hurts him against some of the taller teams. That's why i'm so adament for Amir. What he lacks in strength, he makes up for in height, quickness, and jumping ability.

You put Amir Johnson and Rasheed Wallace in a game against Big baby, and KG, and i would bet money what happened wouldn't have happened. At the very least it would have been a wash in terms of rebounds/2nd chance points.

I love Max, but lately he hasn't been playing his usual game. The Sheed/Dice lineup doesn't cut it against a great rebounding team. That's what worries me in the PO's. There are going to be times when it would be better for Stuck or Amir to finish the game. Does Flip have the stones to do that or the comprehension to realize it?

There's still plenty of time left in the season to go.

edited to add;

I'm not trying to devalue what Maxiel does. I just think it would be nice to have both options and use whats needed at the time.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would be so frustrated if other teams had a guy like Chauncey Billups. He really is a cold blooded 4th quarter killer. Did you see him going for the block in the last minute? He didn't get it, but he caused a big miss. Earlier, I thought to myself, well, this is Chauncey's worse game of the season. Turns out that he was the hero.

Sheed was crazy at the start. Then, he went into super unselfish mode, which was some sort of personal protest against success. He really left Tay hanging a few times when he declined the post move with no double and passed back out with a low shot clock. At the end, I would have bet my bippy that he was going to get tossed. The things that he was screaming to Crawfor must not have been that bad. "You're calls upset me, but yet they are fair. In the future, please make calls in my favor." Or something like that.

Stuckey really has that split the defenders move down. Once he gets through there, we score every time. Also, he has that ability to hang on his short jumpers that makes it almost impossible to block him.

Amir. What can you say. 3 offensive rebounds resulting in immediate put-backs in an incredibly short period of time and he gets benched. I hear the arguments about Horford... but why not keep him in with Sheed or Dyess?

What is going on with Maxiell? I think he hears footsteps.
  17. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not, but I do feel that way sometimes. I just never know what's gonna happen next. All I know is Max and Stuckey are safe. Darko WAS given minutes he didn't earn, however. That guy had no work ethic to speak of (or maybe LB just ruined him. Who knows). Delfino's more of an enigma, but he's a Raptor now. I don't really care what the reasons are, as long as the kids are playing, and playing well. It's all about the playoffs, and none of these kids are like Darko or Delfino. That's a good start.
  18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Will some of y'all please go watch that Boston game again. Why is everybody acting like Boston threw the ball too Big Baby in the post???? He was scoring because Pierce was getting into the lane, drawing defenders and dumping it off to the guy. What, was Dyess not supposed to rotate?? Was he to concede the lane to Pierce? We have yet to lose because Dyess and Sheed get man handled inside, but we do often lose because our perimeter players cant stay in front of their man on defense.
  19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:Awesome
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Did anybody here watch Big Baby vs. Duncan the other day? He's good.