At Atlanta Dec 4th, 7:00 PM

Discussion in 'December 2007' started by Dlev59, Dec 2, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

[STRIKE]Maurice Evans[/STRIKE] erm... Jarvis Hayes - 17 points in 17 minutes.

Great game. I know everyone wants to cry for AJ, but his body isn't there yet, and he is only just starting to find a rhythm. Remember, part of Darko's problem was the unrealistic expectations heaped on him early by the fans. Be patient.

Flip Murray is showcasing for a trade, I am pretty sure of that. But with Stuckey out and Hunter playing so-so, it's too early to shorten the guard rotation that much.

Another blowout, another game with rest for the starters, another 100+ offensive night, 7 players in double digits for scoring.

Great, great, GREAT GAME!
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

They were also making fun of Flip Murray talking about his shot per min rate, and how he's going to need ice after the game.

They had a shot count going for awhile LOL
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

there is no incubation period. you either learn to play as part of this team or you don't. the team needs to integrate stuckey and amir...both in minutes and roles. The alternative is bringing the same underacheiving team to the playoffs again. i dunno...maybe that's by design.
  4. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

That is a good question. I had a few others I would like to get some opinions on.

1) Is 6 minutes of first half play better than 12 minutes of garbage time minutes?

2) Is a made lay up in the first half better than a foul on the oppositions player and missed free throws?

3) Would you rather see Hunter get all these minutes and Murray none (if he is not in our future) or is it better to split the minutes because neither is part of our future roster?
  5. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This is been a nice ride the past week, but it's scaring me a bit too. These guys get intoxicated by their shooting really fast and, as in years past, can't seem to figure out what to do when the jump shots stop falling. Dice could have a career year, but he isn't going to be a 60% jump shooter forever. Max could turn into the next Ray Allen, but he isn't going to shoot that foul line jumper as well as he is now. And while he's the only thing keeping my fantasy team above water, it's at least likely that Tay isn't going to shoot 75% for all that much longer.

Every team goes through shooting ups and downs, but this team gets fat and happy when they're up, and forgets how to win when they're down - at least in the past. Hope we're not heading for a repeat.
  6. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

All good points. If you could email me some more tissue I have run out crying over AJ, it would be appreciated. LOL

:hoops:
  7. buddahfan

This is not the same team.

Dyess is a big time upgrade over Webber and Maxey is proving to be just as effective as Dyess if not more so coming in off the bench. Hayes is also a big upgrade over Delfino who never fit in and never really contributed anything meaningful.

Afflalo is also an upgrade and playing some solid minutes if not large amounts at this point.

So even without Hot Rod and AJ so far only playing basically garbage time this team is a definite upgrade over last year's edition.

8. buddahfan

Its good that you bring some realistic hard questions that will keep us from getting too over inflated over this nice run against basically lousy teams (Cavs with Lebron for only one half). Hopefully Uncle Sheed can keep the guys on the straight and narrow and maintaining the proper perspective.

9. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Either that or showcasing/padding his scoring stats for his next contract. I'd prefer to think it's for a trade, but I'm not convinced.

The good news is that he really only hogs it during garbage time. He does a reasonable job of creating for others during real game situations.
  10. buddahfan

The bad news is that his defense stinks 24/7.