1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Articles worth mentioning

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

I didn't. I actually don't have a lot of time for books lately, with two tots and finishing my master's. The last one I got wrapped up in was the Kingslayer chronicles (Name of the Wind and Wise Man's Fear). Awesome series so far.

2. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I don't know how is this going to end.. (the Sterling thing) But it's a big thing. Wow.

What if it was your team? As a fan, what would you want to do?? It's playoffs time, and something like this happen, should the player boicot the owner throwing away all the effort given in the season??? Should they keep playing like nothing happend?

What's the right thing to expect as a Fan,( if we were Clippers fans) ??? What would you like your players to do?

3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

We should take this to the book thread.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I agree. Best to make some new sub-categories.
    Under Books should be a sub called, Hacks...this is where you put RR Martin.
    Another sub should be under Influential Crackers...this is where you put Sterling.

5. The Panda

The Panda Garbage Post All Star Forum Donor

Well firstly, it's TMZ so I'd take everything with a grain of salt. He is an idiot, but I don't think this is the first time he has been caught out being a racist. I doubt this is the end.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The TMZ tape has to be validated to determine if it was Sterling's voice, was it the current girlfriends voice or if it was it an embezzler currently in a lawsuit with the Sterling family. Is the embezzler the so called current or ex girl friend? The woman seems to bait him into saying/making all of those comments so she definitely had an agenda of her own.

Either the way, Sterling has a questionable history and depending on the outcome of the Clipper/Warrior series, this could become a major distraction to the players on the court.

Ironically, the NAACP is scheduled to give him a second lifetime achievement award next month. Have to wonder how they are scrambling at the Los Angeles chapter trying to remove his name from the program etc.....

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
    brofmfa, Darth Tater and roscoe36 like this.
  7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I don't understand the concept of the players boycotting a game. What are they going to do, sit out a game and then come back and give full effort after that and win the series? That doesn't make sense. The only kind of boycott that would make sense would be one that would go all the way.

The players need to play for themselves and for the fans.

However, if I were a FA next year (or thereafter), I would accept the 2nd best offer behind the Clips. If I were a current player with some leverage, I'd demand a trade next year.

brofmfa likes this.
  8. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Why was I able to get this story up here 5 hours before TNT mentioned it?

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Fox News is calling for Sterling to be suspended because he said it was OK to sleep with black guys.

10. Darth Tater

You play for yourselves. You play for the fans. You leave the team first chance you get. Next season fans boycott. Sterling forced to sell team to somebody else.

ItIs probably unrealistic. In a perfect world it wouldn't have happened but if it did anyhow that's what I would do.

But this year people can chant uncomplimentary things about him during every single time out.

It is disgraceful. But some other owners are the same way about things this and other things too. We know how ugly the world can be.

Root for a new team if it disgusts you that much. It can be done. Hmmm... Maybe from the Lions to the Eagles. Would someone really do that? Yeah they probably would. If for instance:

http://www.clarkstonnews.com/Articles-i-2011-01-05-239451.113121-sub-Henry-Ford-the-Nazi-Party-and-eviltraitor-to-the-US.html

Washingtonpost.com: Ford and GM Scrutinized for Alleged Nazi Collaboration

11. LA Dre

I can't "like" that statement, but I will give it a :biggrin:

12. LA Dre

The Clipper players have to play to win and put this story in the back of their heads until they are eliminated or win it all. A boycott would only mean a forfeiture on behalf of the team and no one in SoCal wants to see that happen. Not sure if the NBA will prevent Warrior fans from bringing in Sterling headshots or commentary on mini posters about the situation.

I can guarantee the fans in LA will show up in full force at Staples Center on Tuesday for game five and if any fans decide to boycott, the seats will still be filled even if the guys in the cheap seats move downstairs in the 4th quarter to fill them up. I don't think Magic attended any Clipper games anyway unless they were playing the Lakers, so it's a mute point there. He doesn't have enough capital leftover to buy the Clippers, but the league needs to find away to get Sterling to sell if all of the allegations are proved to be true.

coynejeremy likes this.
  13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Behave, you.

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Because you had help from Wiggles?

Ernie the Slow Adult likes this.
  15. Darth Tater

Probably not since his version was accurate.

16. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

One can never respond better. Lots and lots of respect to you Sir.

Ernie the Slow Adult and LA Dre like this.
  17. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

Well, the clippers players hide the team logo in the warmups before the game using the cloth in reverse.

Opinions? If it was my team, as a fan, I would not like that. An owner doesn't represent the team logo of an entire city.

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That needed to do something or they'd look like they were afraid to stand up for themselves. They are just in a tough position and aren't the ones that need to be criticized.

linwood likes this.
  19. LA Dre

Not sure if it's the distraction or Steph Curry but the Clipps definitely don't look like they will be going home 3-1.

20. LA Dre

Just read that Mrs. Sterling is at the game......guess she didn't want to stay in the hotel with her husband.....or she wanted to give him space to hang out with his NoCal side piece....