1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Articles worth mentioning

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Jun 22, 2009.

1. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Why that dumb show is still on the air is beyond me. Lamar brought a lot of it on himself for being a drama queen, though I don't know if the Kardashians had anything to do with him being like that.

2. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Thank you........

I've never had an interest in those ladies, but they do clog up my yahoo top ten
    listing a lot so somebody likes em.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

LA Dre likes this.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  5. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

More rule changes coming soon.
    Stern pleased with NBA season but still tweaking - Yahoo! Sports

Not sure how I feel about this. Seems like another way to convert the games into and-1 layup drills for LeBron, Wade etc.

If the goal is to eliminate trickery, another thing that they should look into is the shooter jumping into the defender after they get him up in the air with a fake. That is really stupid as the defender at that point is called for a foul for a play/contact he has not initiated and has no control over.

6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

The easiest way to reduce flopping would be to make a defensive player ineligable to receive a charge call if he is not in a defensive stance.

You should never stand up board stiff straight on a basketball court. Scoring would go up because you would require guys to actually play defense.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Have all of the players sign a pledge.

BallDon'tLie likes this.
  8. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The most annoying thing for me is when guys slide in under a player when is driving to the basket. Some of the commentators have been discussing it on tv and suggesting the restricted circle be extended. I tend to agree.

9. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I think the NBA just needs to devise some sort of humilliation for floppers.
    If you get called for a flop you have to play the rest of the game with your jersey on backwards or something.

Walter likes this.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When the rules of basketball were devised, offensive players never left the ground. It seems unfair to have modern players abide by the same rules.

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I dunno, "Ground Jordan" just doesn't sound right to me.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would love to have a vintage pair of Air Laimbeers.

13. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I just don't see how they can prevent flopping without making it harder to draw charges.

14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I say we do one of those card things, like in soccer. A guy gets caught flopping...the ref sprints up to him and shows him a card with a certain color on it.

15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Yes, a charge should be when you are in your defensive stance and I try to dribble straight through you. Go play ball, be it 1 on 1 up to 5 on 5, and tell me when you find yourself standing completely upright with your hands over your sack.

It will never happen. You should only be able to draw a charge on the man you're guarding for the most part.

Imagine if most of baseball was diving into the pitch. What advantage does an offensive player gain by running into a defender after he passes the ball off? That was called last night though.

16. BallDon'tLie

I'm pretty much in this position throughout my daily life. At the office, at home, etc.

If the NBA Competition Committee wants to really study charging calls, they should contact an authority on the subject like Rodney Stuckey. Rod's never met a defender that he didn't want to run over.

17. linwood

linwood All-Star

I would like to see more charges called in the NBA. If some guy wants to stand around, flat footed, stiff as a board with his hands over his junk, then the offensive player needs to go around him. I'm afraid if the NBA reduces flopping, we will end up watching the biggest dudes on the team just tuck the ball under their arm (no, that wasn't traveling) and Stuckey their way to the hoop. Boring.

18. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

There is a big difference between selling a call, and flopping.... When a 250lb PF goes into a 250lb PF... yep the guy is going to go down on a drive.... when I see a 175 lb PG go to the hole and a 300lb Center flys across the court like he was hit by a wrecking ball.... the Center needs to be penalized for it...

I don't know the system to penalize though... my suggestion is to add a tech to your offical count, won't affect the game directly.... you get called for one or two flops over the course of the year, no biggie..... But, if you make a habit of it your going to end up sitting games late in a season. Which hurts your team, and you have time to adjust to it over the course of the year....

brofmfa likes this.
  19. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

There doesn't need to be a real system. Just let refs know what a charge really is. Anything else is a no call. Usually this involves backing up into a guy. Re-allow the forearm to the back on defense. If you flop. No call. If you flop and someone gets hurt, that's a flagrant on you

20. BallDon'tLie

The league, media and fello players need to place an emphasis on making sure that floppers are portrayed as wussies rather than "crafty".
    Once you flop, you lose all accrued street cred and you become the subject of intense ridicule.