Artest to Lakers

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Krowe, Jul 2, 2009.

1. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Trades like these NEVER work!!! You can add Barkley going to Houston to that list too. I mean Clev has NOTHING on that roster, I believe the gig is up on that Midget Backcourt of theirs, they needed a 6'6" swing man BAD, and failed to get one......oh well.

Lakers were going to be good Artest or no Artest, now we can just hope that he gets off his meds and hurts Kobe in practice.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

LOL; i hadn't noticed, but now i'm going to be hyper aware of that when i read your posts.

I'll try to disagree with you more often. :)
  3. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What do they think about the Pistons signings?

Wow. I totally do not remember either of those moves. I must be a spring chicken. :MusicBigGrin:

Make that 2 - 2 double qtr pounders and two people who believe what you are saying.

By the way, Buck, don't you live in the Carolinas?
  4. max

max All-Star

Their problem is all the uncertainty with Lebran James coming back. Who is going to want to commit there not knowing if he is going to bolt next summer.

When Kerr trading him he said that Shaq although still putting up half way decent stats just was not making them better. He is not the dominate big that he once was. But all the analysts love it. Then again they also think Jason Kidd is still a top notch FA this summer. Vince Carter is going to put the Magic over the top - yea right.
  5. max

max All-Star

You wouldn't because they were slow as dirt and hardly played. Hakeem was on the Toronto playoff roster when we beat them back in 02. It was kind of sad watching him out there.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Did anybody see thiis?

JOG - John Ireland's BLOG

WTF?! :pound:
  7. Ryder

Ryder First Round Draft Pick

The only team that could stop the Lakers from repeating is the one that will sign Sheed, fingers crossed for San Antonio.
  8. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

I don't see the LA repeating the championishp with Artest,or without him.Ok LA replaced Odoom with Artest who is better than Odoom,but LA doesn't have Ariza replacemant.Ok let's look at rotation.

C.Bynum
    PF.Gasol
    SF.Artest
    SG.Kobe
    PG.Fisher

Bench.Sasha,Farmer,Walton.

The only hope for LA is that Bynum will play how he could and Farmer with Sasha will be reborn,becouse without a solid player from the bench LA will be killed.
  9. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I believe they are keeping Odom friend.

That changes things alot, because it adds the solid bench player you are referring to.

At times we may even see a lineup of

Bryant
    Artest
    Odom
    Gasol
    Bynum

Talk about length on the defensive end. The intersting thing is Kobe, Ron, and Lamar have all brought the ball up for their team before, so this lineup works without a point guard, and it's a nightmare for opposing teams on both ends.
  10. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

That lineup is straight up scary! I bet Phil Jackson won't turn down coaching next year
  11. Stun

Stun First Round Draft Pick

For what money they are keeping?Do they really believe Odom will play for 1mln?He got his ring and in this career momment the main thing for him is to make as much money as he can.
  12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

They can pay Odom how ever much they want to.

He is not limited to 1 million from the Lakers next year.

I really do believe their intention is to keep him.
  13. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

I don't much care for Chris Broussard, but when he said that the Lakers lineup, even in the playoffs, would at times appear downright unfair....he was right IMO.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I agree. And they will. Odom and Artest are very good friends, and Artest has already basically said i'm looking forward to playing w/ him. Odom isn't going anywhere.
  15. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

This is of course depending on the Celtics signing Rasheed, but I'm really looking forward to watching that NBA finals.

Unless of course, our Pistons back into the finals...lol
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Odom said before he would take a paycut to stay. With Artest basically taking a 3 year MLE deal it makes keeping Odom VERY easy. Last year the salaries of Odom+Ariza=$17M, Now with that means they can offer Odom something in the $7-$9M range and keep Odom and re-sign Shannon Brown......Lakers are set!!
  17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

And good for Shannon Brown. That's my boy right there.
  18. kcpistonfan

kcpistonfan First Round Draft Pick

I guess I am just a hater, but I don’t believe this is a good move for several reasons. Let me propose a few questions.

1. Can Ron Artest and Kobe coexist for the year? When Ron Artest starts firing unnessery threes and Kobe yells at him, how will he respond?

2. Can Phil Jackson make it a whole season with Artest? Phil already looked wore out last season. Can he take the added chores of Artest? Answering every practice why Ron said what he said? This is not a younger Phil Jackson dealing with Rodman.

3. Is Artest overated. In my opinion, he is overrated. He got torched against Portland and LA on defense. He only had one game with double figure rebounds, and despite McGrady and Yao being out, he still wasn’t the best player on his team Brooks was. Look at the shooting lines from playoffs (3-10, 6-17, 4-15, 4-19, 5-20).

4. Is an upgrade of talent in names mean a better team? I don’t think so. Chemistry makes a huge difference. Remember the 2004 Lakers?
  19. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Yeah but remember some guy was elbowing him in the throat/head area. Or he would've shot better.
    Those are sad numbers.
  20. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

Yep. I'm a Southern Yankee now. South Carolina is a great place to live. Mrs Buck and myself just took a bike ride up into the mountains. The views were absolutely awesome. Alot of waterfalls, etc. We will probably be here for life.