Appreciation Thread: Roscoe and this forum

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by smiller, May 8, 2007.

1. smiller

smiller Second Round Draft Pick

I know I haven't been on alot, I have been working extra. But I wanted to send a special shout out for this forum. It really helped me catch up, and really a good idea. Anyone else wanna show their respect for the creator of this awesome forum as well as the faithful members, feel free to drop on in! If not, I will be here by my lonesome. And that's okay. :MusicBigGrin:
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I'd like to offer special thanks to:....

But on a more serious note - Roscoe has started a good thing. Being away from D-town this helps me keep current with sporting events (not just NBA) in Detroit. Posters here are real fans, a cohesive group of people that do not always agree but most of the time are honest and bring forth their opinion on current state of things in Detroit sports.
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Micro desrves some serious accolades for this forum. He has come a long way since the time when he thought irregardless was a word. He got better with words and then made this forum. He won a bet once with a guy on another forum and I think that's how he got the seed money for this forum. Back then he was also known as Mike Vantasslehoffen.

But I digress...great job on the forum.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

I first saw the Microwave when he was on the "Johnny Carson Show". The year was 1977 and he was an up and coming comedian. He did his comedy routine on the show, and I was left laughing hysterically. When he was done, Johnny did not invite him to "sit on the couch". Instead, he waved good-bye to the Microwave. Because of that oversight, we are now able to enjoy this fine forum, which he developed from humble beginnings, on a shoestring budget.............Thanks Micro...........
    :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

I remember Melton...shiftless welcher on bets...no money made there.

MVT has done this outta the goodness of his heart in his wish for a Pistons site free of the BS at the other place. He deserves accolades and sincere appreciation from all that partake of this wonderful site...good place with good people. And don't forget all the PF contributors too...:thumb:
  6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

You're right detteam...the money that was due from that bet wasn't paid initially but I happened to catch a Judge Judy episode and I know for a fact that Micro was able to collect on that debt.

I think most of the smilies were purchased with that money.
  7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You guys keep acting like this is all free. Am I the only one paying $250 per month in membership dues??????:yellowprison:

It's OK, it's well worth it.
  8. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

Amazing thing is I remember reading some guy's posts on Detnews.com talking about how he was going to start this really, really, cool forum that would be better than Detnews. And I'm thinking, yeah right.

And then he does it. I guess not everyone on the internet is crazy.
  9. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Totally. It's worth it at any price. In case you don't know, some of us have been getting the Gold Card discount for a while now. It costs a little more up front, but your monthly payments are lower. Plus, there's a finder's fee for signing up new members. PM me and I can hook you up. :sssh:
  10. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Pistonsforum.com: Still my first Internet stop in the morning when I log on.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I feel a little silly now for complaining to Roscoe because he was only paying me $15 for each post that I made.
  12. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Hey Roscoe. is there anyway I can delete this thread? My 8 year old reads the forum and he thinks I created PF Forum!!!!!!!!!!

This thread would break his heart.............
  13. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Perhaps your son needs to smarten up. Everyone knows that Al Gore invented this web site.
  15. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

When I said I would do this (start a forum) I really didn't know what I was getting myself in to.

Somehow, we ended up with a community full of great people interacting with one another almost like family.

It would be great if I could take the credit for that, but I can't. Some of you I have known online for years, but quite honestly, I have no idea how many of you found your way here, but I am so happy you did.

There are a lot of people who deserve thanks for this place. Whether it's making a good post, being friendly, helping someone out, handling administration, listening to my over-ambitious ideas, enduring my overzealousness, making a suggestion, posting a recap, the list of contributions big and small (but all significant in magnitude) are too many to list.

Thank you all.

@Dlev - Tell your kid you moonlight as roscoe36. Make him promise not to tell Mom.

@Darth - What you don't know is how much other forum admins are paying me to keep you here. How do you think we can afford a new server each year? :)
  16. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

My iTunes randomly played "To Sir with Love" as I read this thread. Now tears are running down my cheeks like a little girl ... and I feel so very, very close to you all.

Thanks, Roscoewave.
  17. max

max All-Star

This forum does bring out the best in posters. Its amazing how we have been able to get away from the hostility for the most part. I think us older posters from det lost it over there at one time or another.

Maybe its the soothing color schemes. Roscoe researching out the most relaxing colors and looks, or the variety of threads. Whatever it is lets keep it up.
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

I'm not the best at expressing my emotions with words, so let me just post a picture of what a magical place this forum can be.

[​IMG]
  19. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:

And here I thought it was a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow!
  20. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

:pound::ouch::bs::roll::mmph::crossed: :dizzy2::yell::censored: :jaw::laugh::p_welldone: