Another Outstanding UCLA Guard

Discussion in 'Other Hoops Talk' started by buddahfan, Dec 23, 2006.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

After watching him play again today, I am starting to think that Collison will be even better than Farmer's Market. Collison is quicker, shoots better and plays better defense.

On one play he stripped the ball from a U of M guard at about half court. When Collison stripped the ball he was about 2 feet closer to the Bruin basket than the guy who he stripped from.

The U of M guard who Collison stripped the ball from did not fall down trip or was otherwise impeded, but Collison proceeded to dribble 50 plus some feet to basket and lay it in for a basket.

What was amazing is that Collison moved faster while dribbling than the U of M guard did without the ball.

Collison's line today. 15 points 8 assists and 4 steals.

This kid is really going to be a good one. He could probably be the Pistons 1st guard off the bench right now!!!

:hoops:

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I bet Will Blalock would have eaten him up in college. :)

3. buddahfan

You could be right, but Farmer's Market was drafted way ahead of Blalock and I can tell you that Collison right now is better than JF was last year with the Bruins.

I certainly hope Blalock becomes a star while he with the Pistons.

4. roscoe36

Buddhafan, Aguirre was drafted ahead of Thomas. Marvin Williams ahead of Chris Paul. Zarko Cabarkapa ahead of Ndudi Ebi.

Farmar is very good. But he's got a great team and a great coach. Would he be any better than Salim Stoudamire if he was playing for Charlotte?

5. buddahfan

Fair enough

6. roscoe36

Where is this UCLA guard projected to be drafted?

7. buddahfan

On second thought I am comparing point guards and I believe that SS is a shooting guard. At least according to his miniscule assist totals one would have to assume that. He also is not a rookie and I believe that he plays for Atlanta unless he was just traded. How any of these four guards mentioned would be playing for Charlotte, I don't know and hopefully for their sake we and they won't get a chance to find out. LOL

Salim Stoudamire - Atlanta Hawks - Career Statistics - NBA - Yahoo! Sports