Andre Drummond thread

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by webz, Jul 2, 2012.

1. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

So you think the only communication from Drummond is from his coach? I think not.

Rodney could no longer take the heat. This was not from anyone in the organization.
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Which is exactly why BK needs to start at PF next to Monroe!
    ...am I the only one whe watches these freaking games???
    coynejeremy likes this.
  3. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Drummond second in rookie PER the 24th Nov, English 15th and Singler 18th. Stuckey didn't even crack the top 28.
    [​IMG]
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hensen doing well too.
  5. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Why have Davis and Henson only played 6 and 5 games?
  6. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Davis has been hurt, concussion I think. Henson....not sure.
  7. The Panda

The Panda All-Star Forum Donor

Haha to whoever picked Austin Rivers
  8. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

So far Damian Lillard is a beast.
  9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Scott Skiles is insane with his rotations. Players revolve in and out of his doghouse daily. Henson had 17 and 18 rebounds last Wednesday. In the next game, Henson played 1 minute. I only know this because I was stupid enough to snatch him off the waiver wire after his big game....
  10. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

If Frank did that to Drummond there would be uncontrollable cyber anarchy here!
  11. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

The more I see Drummond play the more I understand why he fell to us. This kid has a ton of physical tools and gifts, he's big, strong, extremely fast, quick, has a solid feel for the game, a great soft touch around the rim that Shaq and Dwight Howard can only dream about and jumps so high that he can get his whole head above the rim from a standing jump........but with all of that he still hasn't figured out how to put it all together on a consistent basis. I picture Drummonds game a like a big puzzle with all the pieces spread apart, some people take those puzzles and put them together quickly, some take a little longer than others and some never put the puzzle together. I sure hope Drummond learns how to put it all together because if/when he does.......We'll have the most dominant big man in the NBA.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Maxiell setting a good example for Drummond and Drummond noticing.
    del and linwood like this.
  13. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

My feeling is that Drummond hasn't put it all together because he didn't need to. His athleticism and coordination has been a detriment to his game since he never had to master technique to maximize an activity. Also, it seems like his environment was poor. Like people were exploiting his freakish gifts. I see him as a prodigy that has finally found a place where he fits in. His reaction to adversity is still in question but he's been far from disinterested or lazy. He's still probably two years off...which is good becuase so is knight.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

When I heard that the Pistons drafted him and I read some articles about him that called him raw, I was expected something a lot worse. I figured he'd look lost on the court, that he'd throw bad passes, that he'd foul a lot, and that he'd have hands of stone.

However, the only thing that looks raw to me after watching him is his offensive technique (footwork, shooting mechanics, go-to post move). He passes surprising well, he hasn't dropped a pass yet, he finishes without dunking at a high rate, he's an active help defender that blocks shots without fouling, and he generally looks poised on the court. Greg Monroe is raw in most of the same ways to be honest.

Even Drummond's FT's don't look as ugly as his percentage. Nice arc, swishes when he makes them. Some raw centers have line drives or really strange form on their FTs.

A true offensive game like we would want will probably never come. My guess is that he'll develop some moderately effective, but ugly, go-to shots that will allow him to score when he can't get to the rim. He'll do most of his damage off of designed plays, alley oops, offensive rebound put-backs, fast breaks, and great passes from Monroe. If he does that and becomes one of the league's best rebounders and shot blockers, then that will be good enough to get him in some all-star games. The one thing that I do expect him to actually improve at is FT shooting. He has the coordination and he's young, so I see him > 55% in a season or two. You basically have to be better than the expected value of a possession to avoid the hack-a-Dre.
    copper likes this.
  15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I just think he needs a really good coach, he's only a "project" because he just doesn't know how to use his tools in a cohesive manner. Because he's so naturally gifted, he doesn't know how gifted he truly is, he simply doesn't know that he's completely capable of Eating Babies! He's an eagle, but he thinks that he's a regular bird, so he doesn't realize just how high he can soar.
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He actually thinks he's a penguin (i.e. a flightless bird).

3:22 mark to about the 5:25 mark.
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

So Drum thinks he's a Penguin and Jonas is the Eagle? This is so Confusing.....
  18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If you were interviewing a guy to the be the bouncer at your bar and he listed his top 3 favorite movies as March of the Penguins, Happy Feet 1, and Happy Feet 2, I'm guessing that you wouldn't hire him.

Hopefully we only see his alter ego on the court.
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

This made me laugh.
    Hack-a-Shaq - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia