Allen Iverson

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Sep 27, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

John Hollinger, an espn analysist, thinks that AI's season last year was a fluke, and that he won't even gey close to as good he did in the 05 season.

2. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Some guy's just right stuff to start trouble. As long as Iverson stays healthy he is going to put up big numbers. I don't see him dropping below 25 and 6 a game. The only thing that might slow him down is if he starts dishing off to C. Webb so he can get his touches.

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ai

i don't see how you can call someone who scores over 50 points in a game for 3 straight games a fluke. and if i remember correctly he had 40 or something the next game.

it will be interesting to see how the sixers do this season. they haven't done a lot of deals so they will be relying on AI and how much guys like AI2 and sammy can develop.

4. himat

himat Bench Warmer

i think Iguodala is a great young player for the sixers, and he could become a good player in the future.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Don't forget they picked up Lee Nailon and Stephen Hunter for depth.

They have the makings of a nice little squad. Too bad Willie Green got hurt.

6. Winless Wonders

Did Philly ever sign Green to a new deal? I know he had a deal on the table and then he got hurt the day before he was supposed to sign in a pick up game.

7. roscoe36

8. Winless Wonders

That really sucks. He was a restricted FA so I wonder how does a team obtain his rights. From what I heard his knee was not badly injured and he is not a high flyer and not really a jump shooter either so he might be a nice guy the Pistons might want to add to the bench if Delfino does not work out.

Anyway with Green out of the picture I don't see any reason why Iverson will not average his 29 a game.

9. roscoe36

Nailon is in to replace Green. I think the Sixers are a definite playoff team under Mo Cheeks. The East will be really competitive this year.

10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I say Sixers will be the 6th best team in the East this season behind us, miami, indy, cleveland, and NJ. Allen is very good, but his team just sucks.