All Star Weekend

Discussion in 'February 2009' started by roscoe36, Feb 12, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No podcast this weekend.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Lebron indicated that he would probably enter the dunk contest.....which means he has already won no matter who is in competition.

Can you imagine JMAX in this competition? I think all of his best dunks are from right under the hoop, so any running or prop dunks would be either non existent or comical....
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

http://img124.imageshack.us/img124/6403/tdmaxiell092506800x600de6.jpg

That is from a real photo of him running. But Max only has one mode, and that is ferocious. Not sure how that translates onto an unguarded rim, unless he gets KG to stand in front of it. lol
  4. LA Dre

Laimbeer did look funny out there as Reggie called it "jumping over hot coals"...when shooting the half court shots.

Can you imagine how bad the Detroit would have finished if Curry had been the Detroit vet instead of Laimbeer?? We would be still waiting for him to hit that three point shot from the top of the circle........

Wonder if the Spurs would have fared better with Genobli out there instead of Duncan...

At 36 years old Lisa Leslie has loss some her ompf. I saw her miss at least 8 shots in a row during the celebrity game Friday night. Did she score at all?
  5. LA Dre

He knows him limitations...and watches these events from home....:nod:
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It all comes down to the half court shot. I think they should modify that event a bit.

Getting through the first 8 shots (or whatever it is) doesn't seem to have any correlation to winning the event.
  7. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

He isn't doing anything.

They are either freezing him out, he's freezing himself out, or they're just freezing everybody out so we can watch the Lebron James Show.
  8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

AI doesn't have much of a chance with Wade and LeBron out there and only one basketball to go around.
  9. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

AI played so little ( only granger, mo williams played less then him), and in the minutes he played he played along wade/lebron.
    THE east coach was dumb, he should have played the starters more.

Anyway, Shaq/Kobe win co-mvps. Even some people on another forum predicted that before the game. chris paul deserved mvp as well 14 pts 14 assists 7 rebounds..
    meaningless trophy.
  10. LA Dre

Another anti-climatic boring game highlighted by the west 19-0 run in the first qrt. How does a team of allstars give up a 19-0 run??

NBA feels good about itself by awarding Shaq and Kobe co-MVP's still possibly hoping that the two will get back together in the near future for some last run at the title togther......

Biggest non-secret of the whole weekend was that Terry Porter stayed away from the venue so that he would not be asked when his last day is...... which supposedly is tomorrow...:ohwell:
  11. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Wow... that could quite possibly be the worst display of "basketball" that I've ever seen in my life. I mean, why do we love sports? We love it for the COMPETITION.... this wasn't competitive in the slightest sense. People love to say that defense is boring.... well what about when there is no defense being played? When it is a virtual layup drill out there and the opponent invites you do to a highlight reel dunk?

Man, that was just terrible. The NBA all star game used to actually mean something to the players.... no longer.
  12. AI IS GOD

NBA is like WWE now. Preplanned story of co-mvp between shaq/kobe.. what a joke and waste of time watch the game
  13. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

WHERE AMAZING HAPPENS.

[​IMG]

The Pistons are the only thing keeping me into the NBA, and even they are going to need a exorcism. Stern's not even trying to hide it anymore that he's running a crooked organization.
  14. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

That was rigged... what a joke.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

AI's fake pass on the drive and Shaq's pass between Howard's legs + the cut to the hoop were the 2 best plays. The rest was just kind of gross.
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Personally, I'm outraged. This East team needs to be blown up immediately.
  17. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't know why anyone's surprised. The East didn't have a PG. (all three were SG's trapped in PG's bodies) Although, LBJ did his best to pretend he was one. And they had essentially one big. They were going to get killed.

For awhile there the only effective strategy was PP vs. the East by himself.

I know people hate on Kobe, but he put his imprint all over that game. Best player in the world hands down.

And if you want to dig deeper the lack of Pistons is what really did the East in IMO. LOL The last 3 wins IIRC all came with multiple Pistons.
  18. AI IS GOD

He is second after LBJ. All star game means nothing. Kobe is just a scorer. Lebron got more then scoring. He can assist, rebound whole alot better then kobe.

Lebron is better all around player then kobe
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Last year's 153-132 All-Star game was much more meaningful and competitive to the players. I'm not sure what happened this year.

Remember that 1953 All-Star game when the West beat the East 79-75? That was a beauty. George Mikan and his West teammates were held to 35% shooting while Bob Cousy and his East guys shot only 38%. Man, what I would give to see a classic like that again.
  20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:
    The West had 96 points in the paint and the East had 58.