All Star Weekend 2012

Discussion in 'February 2012' started by roscoe36, Feb 23, 2012.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

All AllStar Weekend related discussion can go here. Feel free to start an All-Star chat anytime this weekend if you want to discuss the live events with other folks here on PF.com

Here is the information page on NBA.com

http://www.nba.com/allstar/2012/

[​IMG]
  2. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

If they had a layup competition, Greg Monroe would have a good shot at winning it.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Stuckey already entered the Missed Layup Contest.
    basketbills likes this.
  4. Nemo

Nemo The Great Predictor Forum Donor

He would probably just slam into the car, instead of jumping over it for the layup.
  5. Nemo

I imagine Billups would supply the car for Stuckey.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am already down here and ready to provide some first hand accounts and pictures for the third straight year.

Monroe and Knight are already here too, as one of my coworkers took pictures with them at the Hilton Orlando across from the convention center this evening and he being from Chicago did not know who they were.:confused: We met him at the Improv afterwards and he was late because he was hanging out at the hotel taking pictures of them and other players who had already arrived..

Monroe and Bob Lanier are the only Pistons, past or present that will appear at the JAM sessions to sign autographs. Lanier was there tonight and Monroe on Saturday.

Me and Mrs Dre are attending the Celebrity Game on Friday night and the JAM Sessions on Friday and Sunday. Wish I could have attended the Rising Stars Challenge to see our two Pistons in action, but that game is being held at the Amway Center 7 miles away from the convention center where the celebrity game and Jam session are being held and starts as soon as the Celebrity game is over. Besides that game sold out a few minutes after they announced Lin would be playing. :lame:
    roscoe36 likes this.
  7. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe played pretty well tonight. 19/10, hit a 3. His steal with about 20 seconds left was, hands-down, my favorite moment of the night. It was just so... Laimbier-esque. (To explain: with about a minute left each team started taking turns blatantly letting the other team throw up different showy dunks. John Wall had a pretty nifty hammer dunk, then a sweet behind-the-back dunk... but then the next trip down the court with Monroe standing there watching, Wall bounced the ball off the floor with the clear intention of ooping it to himself, but Monroe just darts over and steals it off the bounce, then chucks it ahead to Thompson, who loses it out of bounds. The whole crowd starts booing and so do the announcers, and the cameras cut to Monroe, who has this sh**-eating grin on his face.)

He's wasn't as flashy as Wall or Griffin or Rubio, but the whole team played better when he was in there. That's the kind of guy I want on my team going forward.
  8. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

yesss.. I loved that steal! HAHAAAAA... he is so Pistons!
  9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Wall is ridiculous. I would have liked to have seen what he was going to try.

I give Monroe credit for being able to score so well in this game. I don't think he was capable of doing so in this type of game last year. (Hope he didn't score 32 last year and I just forgot.)
  11. Laimbrane

Laimbrane All-Star Forum Donor

His buckets were all boring putbacks and layups. He just goes out and does what he does, and you have to love it.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

(I thought you were talking about Wall at first.)

I only saw the last 10 minutes of the game. I thought I saw him drive a couple of times which is what I was referring to.

He did manage to get 2 hands on the rim one time after he had a running start and play stopped! It was the highlight of the night for me.
  13. alexa032

alexa032 Team Captain

Yeah, Greg's cool that way. Kind of a boring game tbh, everyone playing at half speed. Greg's steal was hilarious though. And some of those shoes were just...:nono:
  14. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Monroe and Cousins had a bit of a personal battle going on through the game. Whenever Monroe was guarding Cousins he would always challenge his shot, whereas everyone else he'd let have their little dunk party.
    Towards the end you could tell Greg had switched to 'win mode' while everyone else kept goofing around. It was fun to see that.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I would love to see a conspiracy one year where one of the 2 teams secretly decided to give it their all.
    linwood likes this.
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That was awesome. Highlight of the game for me! Monroe's 3-pointer was a close 2nd.
    S.J. likes this.
  17. Ernie the Slow Adult

I thought ex-Piston Chase Budinger had the best dunk of the night with his first over and with Sean Combs.

It seemed like the guys were doing similar stuff for the most part.

Shaq trying to crowbar his inane nicknames for the dunks into the conversation was funny in a non-Ha Ha way.

I wonder how Stuckey's remodel is going back in Seattle? Those things seem pretty stressful when I watch them on the TV (666:icon evil:). Hopefully he isn't stressed out when he comes back. It would be sweet if Linwood could get us a live update.
  18. linwood

linwood All-Star

I didn't know that Stuckey was in Seattle this weekend. I should go over and say hello.

Icebreaker: "Hey man, snubbed for the Rookie Allstar game again? That ain't right..."
  19. Nemo

I didn't know that Stuckey was in Seattle this weekend. I should go over and say hello.

Icebreaker: "Hey man, Did they make you carry the duffle bags again.........That ain't right..."
  20. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

I'm still dazzled by the starpower from the lineup to the dunk contest.
    BallDon'tLie likes this.