ALL-STAR SELECTION SHOW presented by Marathon Oil

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by OLD SKOOL HQ, Jun 24, 2007.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I internetted by all star team today. Straight to the point(and unbiased by Detroit or the national media) they are:

AMERICAN LEAGUE:

1B- MORNEAU, TWINS. The reigning MVP is as solid as they come. And he actually 'plays' first base. (BACKUPS: ORTIZ, YOUKLISS)
    2B- POLANCO, TIGERS. tHE 'HITMAKER' is a .333 all day long. Gold Glove year as well.(UPTON,TB..somebody has to rep TB and he is hitting .320)
    SS-GUILLEN, TIGERS. Compare Jeter and Cabrera and Carlos has more HR and Rbi and hits .320 with 17 doubles and 4 triples. They will be the backups.
    3B- A ROD, YANKEES. The future Tiger is having his best year. (BLAKE,Cleve)
    C- MARTINEZ,INDIANS. I had to be fair. This guy is just 'getting' great. Pudge backs up because he 'is' great.
    OF- MAGGS, TIGERS. Leads majors in hitting. Clutch RBI for a change from last year. Sheff should be standing right behind him for making him a star again.
    GUERRERO,ANGELS. The Vladster is doing his Clemente thang as usual. LAA in 1st place, too. Just think if 'he' had Sheff in front of him!
    GRANDERSON,TIGERS. Compared him to Ichiro and i got a Gold Glove CF on both ballots. Ichiro hitting .429 this month but Grandy had 9 HR's, 22 2b's and 13 3b's!!! Can u imagine someone with 40 ddoubles/20 triples/20 homers?? Think of one: GEORGE BRETT!! AMAZING!

NATIONAL LEAGUE:
    1B- FIELDER,BREWERS. Revitalized Beertown. Leads NL in HR's/Rbi.
    2B- UTLEY,PHILLIES. .322,58RBI. Cast iron player.
    SS- RAMIEREZ, MARLINS. THe Grandy of the NL. .320 avg/10 hr/18 2b's/22 stolen bases.
    3B- CABRERA,MARLINS. I want this guy more than any player in baseball.
    OF- BONDS,GIANTS. Hey..Why not? .291 with 15 HR's and 70 walks at 42 yrs old!!?? Plus , its his house.
    OF- HOLIDAY,ROCKIES. Leads NL in hitting with 59 RBI's.
    OF- SORIANO,CUBS. He's so good that .305 with 14 hr's and 21 doubles is considered an 'off' year.
    C- MARTIN,DODGERS. I dont who LoDuca thinks he is, but Martin leads him in every stat and has 24 extra base hits to LOdUca's 11.

There u go..let the debate begin!!
  2. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I guess I'll have to agree on this. Do we have a pitcher?
  3. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'll let u pick the staff.:MusicBigGrin:
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Starter Forum Donor

Verlander and Bondo better both be there. Bondo hasn't been as good as JV, but still deserves a selection.
  5. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I'd agree on JV. Bondo needs to wait. There's Beckett, there's Haren, there's Santana, Lackey, and Sabathia. There are more people deserving that are ahead of Bondo, but I think that's all the starters that will be there, if that. As far as relievers go, I'd stick Pappelbon in there along with Rodriguez and Nathan.
  6. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Bonderman's era is too high. Now maybe if you removed his first innings from his stats, he be around a 1.80 era..............