1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Alexander Carmona

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mercury, Sep 19, 2005.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

As Prballer mentioned Alex Carmona will join the Pistons camp and will likely play for their affiliate in the NBDL

Here's a rough translation from a PR article:

"The runners-up of the NBA, Pistons de Detroit, will have to second Rican Port to player in the camping of veterans, according to informed yesterday to director into the organization. This one will be eaves Alexander "Bimbo" Carmona, who will go to his first experience in a camping of the NBA. "We plows going to invites it to our camping of veterans", expressed yesterday the international director of listening of the Pistons, Tony Ronzone, to the New Day. The training will give to beginning the 3 of October, indicated Ronzone. There, Carmona will accompany its compatriot, the to shipbuilder Carlos Stream, that already there are to safe space in the group. Carmona would go in search of to space in roster, and Ronzone understands that I have "there are" chance "" to do it. "Everything depends on him", aimed. Detroit there are followed him the passages east Carmona to year. Its defensive intensity you have been the characteristic dwells praised by Ronzone in several occasions. Even, the organization of the Pistons hoped to see it play in the Premundial match in Dominican Republic. But, an injury in ingle to last hour you remove it from the national combined one. Anyway, the listening of for Detroit Latin America, the Argentinean Guillermo Vecchio, showed that to her organization followed interested in inviting it to the camping. Vecchio, of step, declared that it had in agenda to travel to the Island to see train it in a session deprived during this month. Ronzone said yesterday that the trip of Vecchio follows still on. "I a.m. going It to send under that there am spends Time with him", the American director said. While, the agency that represents Carmona in the Island informed the day before yesterday that the small forward is directed to sign in League of Development of NBA (NBDL) by to recommendation of the organization of the Pistons. Carmona belongs to the Cattle tenders of superior Bayamón in the national match".

Carmano played for Troy HS in Ohio where he avg 26 PPG.
    He went on to play in Barcelona Spain pro league and the PR Olympic team
    Carmona is 6' 5" SG/SF
    He was caught smoking dope but was let off due to a testing technicality.

One of our 3 slots in the NBDL?... does this open the door for one of the drafted players to stick on the pistons roster?

Stay tuned as this exciting story unfolds!!!

Ok so he don't make the team and is shipped backed to PR... it's a slow time of year :p

2. puertoricanballer

puertoricanballer First Round Draft Pick

Carmona

That is a funny translation!!!!:eyebrows: It's funny too that it translate CA last name to "Stream" which is English for "arroyo" ( the water body). Carmona was indeed caugh smoking pot about 3 years ago when he wasplayin for the Mayaguez Tainos at the PR league. He was then traded to Bayamon and later he made the National Team. Average shooter, he can jump out of the building and he's good slashing to the hoop.

3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I thought this was an interesting quote from Ronzone..

You could read this a number of different ways.

4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Bills, you kill me. :boom:

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

translation

"I a.m. going It to send under that there am spends Time with him"

I understood that to mean: "I think people need to give Darko more time. The Serbian culture has not provided the youngster with enough bloodflow in blowout appearances over the last two years. When the young Serb was growing up, he practiced for hours upon hours with bombs going off within feet of his practice court. He will be a star someday. Trust me. I have spent time with him."