Advanced League - 2008-2009 Banter and Old Fashion Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 30, 2008.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, it's been insane.

My team looks like it will limp in. I've got 4 major players out. If they aren't back next week, I will be wasting space.

You and I may play in the next round Jammer. That would be fun.

2. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

incredibly tight, my team made it with Jefferson out for the season and Oden and Chandler having nagging injuries. Let's see how far this goes, though I think that webz the major candidate to win it all since he's the only one whose team hasn't been struggeling.

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I had a soft schedule during the final few weeks - no disrespect to those teams. If you look at my recent stats, I've only been mid-pack. A semi final loss would not surprise me.

The Bosh/Jackson trade really hurt me.

4. Darth Tater

I'm wondering how many of my guys will be out. Looks like Sheed out at least half the week.

Okur, Lee, Peja? Who knows. Maybe back right away. Maybe not.

At least I get to play Jammer who I can beat with one hand (or four players) tied behind my back.

You suck Cannuckian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ner-ner::ner-ner::ner-ner::ner-ner::ner-ner:

5. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

omg wtf i didn't make playoffs?? i was 1st place all year and 3 bad weeks of injuries dropped me to 7th, missing by half a game!! ugh. my bad for drafting a solid team but thinking i could get by on making only 1 move the entire year.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hog, I just eeked in as my team log a 5-4 week compared to your 4-5...

The bad is that Freudian Slips didn't set his lineups everyday and still almost beat me due to my bad shooting and all of the TO's that his benched guys didn't commit;). If I had switched an injured player on Friday I could have done a 6-3 week and would not have been sweating wondering what the competition was going to do.

So the defending champ still lives and we do our best reclaim the title so beware all:lecturer::thumb::good:

7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Yeah, I noticed that. That was gutsy (?) hanging on to Amir all season.

In contrast, I was in last for a few weeks to start the season (you beat me 8-1 the first week) cuz I drafted a couple injured guys :doh: and had to make 30 moves to crawl up to 8th.

Now we both have byes for the consolation playoffs...weird.

8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

See, the difference is that 1 extra move. I made 2 roster moves all season and just barely snuck into the playoffs.

9. Darth Tater

You guys have far superior draft abilities to mine. :lecturer:

Do you do a lot of research prior to the draft? Heck, my teams would be out of contention by late November if I couldn't make a ton of changes.
    :doh:

10. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I do a tiny bit of research about 30 minutes before the start of the draft, but not that much. I find that having a clear strategy really helps me.I focus on specific categories that I want to be good at.

I've always had really low transactions in every fantasy league that I'm in - mostly because I'm afraid to drop a guy, have him start to play really well and then lose him on waivers!

11. Darth Tater

I only have a vague idea of what categories they are good at. I just try to draft my favorite guys. LMAO.:deathstar1:

12. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

http://www.pistonsforum.com/fantasy...nter-old-fashion-trash-talk-2.html#post170759

that was basically my draft strategy. now if i could combine it with someone who's good at managing the roster during the season...i'd probably be all set. i do admit i wasn't as focused this season, hence keeping amir the entire time. it worked out early to hang onto guys who i knew would come around, but others were just lost causes.

13. Darth Tater

Congratulations Jammer. Good luck in the medal round.

I'm glad I made the advanced league playoffs two years in a row because the competition is very tough, but I'm not glad that I got knocked out in the first round both times.

Looks like this will be my last year in basketball, but at the very least I am definitely skipping next year.

Thanks commissioner Motown.

14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

No problem, my au gratin friend. :)

15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Looks like I am going to end up in 3rd or 4th place again this season. I never seem to be able to make it out of the second round of the playoffs. My guys seem to have a mental block that prevents them from competing at a maxium level. They must have the TMAC complex or something.:doh:

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yep my guys folded like an easy napkin the last two weeks with only Lebron and Joe Johnson showing any life. We still scored baskets but could not generate any points in the other categories....

Congrats first to Rapid Wien for taking out the defending champ and good luck in the finals. And for Hakuna for sending my team fishing with a 6th place spot...

See you all next year..

17. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I didn't expect to make the finals with my probably best player out for season (Al Jefferson); so I am already happy with the way everything turned out, as this has been the best season since playing fantasy bball.

18. webz

Oh how I hate the last weeks of the season. Why even bother building a team when it just turns to %%%% at the end with DNP's? :shout:

19. detteam

detteam All-Star

A real dogfight going on right now tween webz & ralphi for the title. It's coming down to the last night & last half of the last couple games of the season.

20. webz

Well done Ralphie.

To make it this far you have to be good. To win the whole thing you have to be lucky. The last week of the season just fell your way.

Closest categories were blocks (1), 3PM (2) and FT% (0.009).

It's hard to not to be bitter but not much I can do about it, and impossible to plan for. I would like to hope that one of these years though it will fall my way.

Losing Amare hurt but I got by through til the end of the season. Seeing Bosh play out the whole season wasn't easy though (one of the reasons I traded him).

Getting DNP's in the Final from Jamal Crawford (4), Rashard Lewis (3 - especially when Yahoo wouldn't allow me to drop him!), Hawes (2), Bibby (1.5) and Haywood at the end there (who had 9 blocks in the past 2 games) just took its toll and my lead fell to pieces.

Sincerely though, good job! :thumb:

Next year we'll just keep on truckin'.