1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced - Fantasy Basketball 2015-2016

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Sep 21, 2015.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Congrats friend!

Rocastle likes this.
  2. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Thanks buddy, we had a little boy called Theo! (Not named after Theo Ratliff though, no way my wife lets me get away with that haha)

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nailbiter in the 2nd Semi between @BillLaimbeer@BillLaimbeer and @TWOTIMESRALPHI@TWOTIMESRALPHI

Laims has a 1 assist lead in the deciding category. He has only Gortat left, while Ralph has a few more minutes of Bogut and D.Russell. Ralph looks like the favourite. If there is a tie I believe Ralph has the tiebreaker in head to head.

I had to use all 8 of my weekly moves to get past @mikhail1973@mikhail1973 who got unlucky with injuries to Oladipo, Crowder and Holiday. Always tough to know when the cut bait on star players who are day to day. I had to bite the bullet on Ryan Anderson, but it paid off.

4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Oladipo and Holiday missed games without any warning, that's what did my team in.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

5. webz

@TWOTIMESRALPHI@TWOTIMESRALPHI gets over the line by a single assist.

Now for a re-match of the 2008-09 final where Ralph beat me 5-4 with category wins in blocks by 1, 3PM by 2 and FT% by 0.009. Yes, those numbers are correct. I haven't forgotten. Let's do this!

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Team Captain 2x Fantasy Champion

Good luck fellas!

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I thought I had a championship team as my drebabys finished second over all to Webz Wombatz in the regular season standings and finished first in 3 pointers, points, assists and steals...and was second FT %. But then we collapsed during the first round of the playoffs to the Laims 7th seeded team as he out coach/GM'd me making several savvy moves during the week as I didn't even know we had started the playoffs and didn't make any FA adjustments until it was too late.

Now I just trying to finished respectfully and once again had a great time interacting with your teams. Good luck to Cookie and Webz in the finals!!

webz, roscoe36 and BillLaimbeer like this.
  8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I totally miscoached this week. A couple of bad moves (like adding Bobby Portis for nothing) and my hands were tied on the last day. Laim could have won easily if he had been more active.

9. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I had used up all 100 of my season moves or else I would have been more active. LOL

Russell wasn't supposed to play, so I thought I had you. I was up by 2 assists. Then, of course, he decides to suit up at the last minute and gets 3 assists, so you win by one!!

Your team dominated the second half of the season so you deserve to be in the finals.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

it was an exciting match up. Happened to be in New York until today and checked my fantasy app on Sunday every time one of the sights (World Trade Center for instance) offered free wifi :ranger:

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

so, @webz@webz, did you have a shock when I saw I picked up a certain "S Curry"?

As for the finals, my hopes faded with Durant being rested. The Pistons fan inside of me was happy of course.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. webz

I didn't know until you just told me. So no. Haha. He's doing pretty well though.

roscoe36 likes this.
  13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

webz is dominating me. Well deserved, I am slowly giving up on any remaining hope. You had the best team during the season, lost Gasol, and still great. It's more acceptable to lose like this than by 0.0001% in the FT category or 1 assist. I did my best this season. At the end, some players certainly played way above their usual level (LaVine, Myles Turner, Alex Len) and I lost Parsons, who was also phenomenal after I endured his months-long slump. I gave my best, but it wasn't enough for webz' team. They will always be remembered as the great '15-16 wombats. If the Cookie Monsters don't magically come back to win it, I am going to reclaim my title next year. You ruined my repeat. My Cookie Monsters are more like the Spurs than the Bulls

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  14. MotownPride

Yep, when I faced Webz I was shocked with just how dominate he was. I thought my
    team was competitive but he quickly showed me whose year it was during our matchup. Good series fellas!

15. webz

I thought it was still open going into the weekend so I wasn't at all comfortable. Had to plan my adds/cuts up until the last day. Your wire work is still some of the best in the league - Booker and LaVine were especially nice pickups. I was worried that the loss of Gasol and later Anderson would scupper my chances, but when it gets to the playoffs the 8 weekly adds definitely add an extra element and can help cover losses.

I also won without having a true, top tier PG which was an interesting strategy attempt. I couldn't predict Draymond would be so good, especially with the assists but loading up on a core of guys who can produce assists from other positions (Harden, Green, Gasol) worked quite well. I also took a chance on Towns early and I obviously couldn't predict he would be so good. You tried your best to pry him away from me but I rode the wave and he kept it going all season.

There probably isn't anyone I'd rather beat in a final - which I say as a massive compliment.

Having to get past you, Mikhail and Ralphie in the playoffs is about as satisfying as it comes - all top quality managers. Winning the Advanced championship is a prestigious honour - my first in the 10 years since I joined. It feels very, very sweet. Thanks for running the league as always Commish.

16. TWOTIMESRALPHI

thanks for the compliment. I can only give it back by saying that you truly deserved it. Seems you even noticed when I switched my strategy to win in the FG% and the big man categories including TOs - my last hope - as you added yet another big. I stood no chance.

webz and roscoe36 like this.
  17. TWOTIMESRALPHI

just checked the statsheed once more. Absolutely crazy, your stats are even better than those of most of us during the extended all star week-matchups.

roscoe36 likes this.
  18. MotownPride

You got a rare double double that will likely not be repeated for awhile, champion in two leagues in the same season. Pretty damn impressive! Congrats to a classy champ who deserved the win. Oh and thanks, it's a pleasure and an honor to be the commissioner in a league filled with Detroit Pistons fans.

webz, roscoe36 and BallDon'tLie like this.
  19. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

webz and roscoe36 like this.
  20. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Congrats Webz!! You ruled what seemed like the last 15 weeks... and nobody could slow your roll....

webz likes this.