1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Advanced - Fantasy Basketball 2014-2015

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Sep 21, 2014.

1. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I read that the players voted that they wanted to have more time off for Allstar weekend. Then they complained that the schedule was compressed to allow that to happen.

2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Just when I thought I may have had a chance in the playoffs...my three best players are all sidelined this week with injuries....my two all stars/non-cut players....Klay Thompson and Anthony Davis and my Piston double-double man Greg Monroe. ..:crying:

That means I am missing at least 15-20 three balls from Thompson at least 10 blocks from" the brow", and at least 125-150 points between the three of them and at least 50 boards.:frusty: I know others are suffering from a season of injuries....but these guys all went down this week and there is not a single player on the waiver wire is worthy enough to pick up the slack...........:gaah:

Not to mention both Derrick Rose and Jamal Crawford went down the past 2-3 weeks...:yield:.I think I am done this season.:faint:....unless 2-3 of my scrubs have monster games this weekend.:pray:..:nailbiting:

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Mossberg (Ballaholics) and I are having a back and forth first round playoff match so far.

advancedplayoffs.PNG

I've got my two best players today, Harden against the Suns and Pau Gasol playing the Pistons. Mossberg has KCP going against the Bulls. I've also got Reggie playing against the Bulls.

With both have full lineups tomorrow, but I look to make a run in 3s, points, and steals today, pushing my lead in rebounds, assists, and blocks. Ballaholics should overtake me in TOs, as I have six players going and Harden's usage rate is so high, he always has 3-4 TOs.

Should be a great match going into tomorrow evening!

Mossberg and roscoe36 like this.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great GM'ing today Mikhail......I needed just a handful of assists and 10-11 threes or a minimal amount of turnovers to edge out a victory...

Well, I didn't get the threes I needed....I had enough assists, but the darn turnovers did me in.....I mean my opponent sat his key turnover contributors, (smart move) but I was sitting at Staples Center watching the Clippers and Pelicans....and then went on to have dinner with the wife and #1 son and didn't think to pull up my phone to check any other scores until the Pistons and Celtics were in OT. Streamed a little of it on my phone and saw that the Pistons win.

However I failed to bring up my fantasy page to see where I was. Too late....the only players who were still able to sit was Laker Wesley Johnson or the Mavs, Del Harris. Johnson had 2 turnovers. Harris had none. I lost because I had four more TO's than my opponent......In the end, I could have sat Avery Bradley (3) and Johnson (2) today and won.... Like I said earlier this week...losing three games without Klay Thompson's threes was probably the biggest factor....he averages over 20 per week.

Good luck my friend Mikhail. >..Blood Bath & Beyond in the next round..

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Team Captain 2x Fantasy Champion

Blood Bath & Beyond vs Cookie Monsters will be a classic.

roscoe36 likes this.
  6. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

me so excited; although, I just learned that Josh Smith is probably not going to play tonight.

7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

having picked up quite a few players who turned out to be major assets (Green, Gobert, Dieng) it would be bittersweet irony to lose because of one of the players I dropped early in the season (Ilyasofa, who dropped 34 pts yesterday)...

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. MotownPride

Congrats to the finalists. Injuries took their toll on both of my PF.Com teams. I had an unprecedented 5 injuries last week and somehow put up decent numbers. We rose from a 1-8 deficit on Friday to a 4-5 loss. Glad my team finished strong. I'll grab some popcorn and get ready to watch the Finals. :)

roscoe36 and TWOTIMESRALPHI like this.
  9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

re-quote for apparent reasons.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. MotownPride

You said the only way I could lose is if I had multiple injuries and you were unfortunately right.

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, Flip Saunders could always put a good regular season team together. There is no shame in that.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. TWOTIMESRALPHI

sorry for having spoken too soon...

MotownPride likes this.
  13. MotownPride

Could be worse. I could be Dick Vitale. Charismatic but no chance of making the playoffs. There is no shame in that either. Everyone needs comedic relief.

roscoe36 likes this.
  14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

I feel you. Dieng out, Martin never got healthy, same goes for Knight whom I've been owning for two weeks to see him suit up for one bad game this far, Draymond Green getting rest because of "Blake-itis". Plus, I've dropped two players who seem to be the quite valuable at this point of the season (Ish Smith and Josh Smith). Next year, I want playoffs to start in December when games still count :D

MotownPride likes this.
  15. MotownPride

The Finals are interesting for fantasy basketball. It's almost to your advantage not to have a team with a lot of depth in the later stages of the playoffs because loyalty to players will cost you in the final weeks. It would be awesome if there was a way to start the playoffs earlier with the team that actually got you there. It's only gotten worse over the years as there are no true iron man players that don't shut down early. The vigorous NBA schedule has changed the culture where a player who plays the entire season has become a unicorn so to speak. One of the things that I like about the Keeper League is that they reward the regular season and post season champ. There is a degree of skill required to be successful in both that should be acknowledged. You gotta love the playoffs though. Maybe next year I'll let go of my players earlier. Just so hard to dump an entire team that you've gone to battle with all year long.

16. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Two ideas (if Yahoo settings allow):
    1. IR spot (don't know if Yahoo allows this as a custom option) ESPN does.
    2. Customise the playoff format. A possible alternative could be to start the playoffs after the all star break and each matchup goes for 2 weeks with the final wrapping up by the end of March. Should be less games missed due to rest and the having the matches go for 2 weeks means if one of your studs misses a game or two its not a death knell to your team as they should still have a total of 5 or 6 games played.

ie.
    Round 1 - Feb 16-Mar 1
    Round 2 - Mar 2-15
    Round 3 - Mar 16-29

17. BillLaimbeer

The IR spot would be nice.

18. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

YOU would say that!

19. BillLaimbeer

LOL. If we had 3 IR spots, I could win one of these leagues.

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. MotownPride

Interesting ideas. I'm pretty sure that neither of the options are available in Yahoo. They did away with the IR option some time back. Customizable playoffs sounds awesome though. Maybe I'll write Yahoo and suggest it as an enhancement for next year. You never know... :)

roscoe36 likes this.