ADVANCED Fantasy Basketball 2009

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Oct 9, 2009.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yes, you're off to a good start. Oh, perhaps those 4 extra games in the first 2 days are useful...

I'm also down Gerald Wallace. And maybe Blatche. Good timing! And I can't exactly drop any of these guys....
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Same to you, but you say that when two of my key guys in assists and rebounds, D Rose and M Gasol are sitting on the injury shelf...and the supporting staff failed to show up last night. :(
  3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What?? You didn't look up how many games the guys you were drafting were to play in the first week of our playoffs? The Sprockets organization has a whole staff that looks into that. Unfortunately with budgets what they are, we had to cut the scouting staff to make room for them. We opted for quantity over quality.

So, if Taj Gibson never scores, but plays in sixteen games this week, is that a good thing?
  4. max

max All-Star

Good luck all.

When I came in 2nd place the last time I played 2 of the bottom dwellers bailed on us. If I play any of you in any other leagues just remember that I never bailed even though I had no chance. I missed the draft and could never recover.
  5. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I limped into this week with 2 guys injured and another 2 just happen to sit out with injuries. I already had less games being played this week for my guys. Oh well.. It also did not help that I forgot to set my lineup on Friday. Not that it was going to matter much anyway.
  6. dba

I may have screwed the pooch last night.

I had twelve guys with games. Granger by all account was not going to play so I put him on the bench. Taj Gibson had managed all of two points and three boards so far this week so I put him down too.

Granger - 29 - 3 - 6 - 3
    Gibson - 20 - 13 - 3 - 3 - 1

So, still up 5-4, but would have been down by one point rather than 50 with two days to go.

:mmph: :eek: :ouch:
  7. webz

I think you are still going to pull off the win. My guys have stunk it up big time, and even using up all my tatering moves hasn't helped (that was just to get an even amount of games).

I have to win either steals or blocks and it's not going to happen.

Your guys have had a very good week.

The moment Chris Paul went down I knew I was in trouble. Too bad I couldn't hang on for this week to have him back next week.
  8. webz

Well done dba. :yield:

I can attribute this loss on many factors, but your team just performed better on the week.

Whose idea was it to do away with the first round bye for #1 and #2?.... :sssh:

Nice reward eh Motown?! :rolleyes: :crossed:
  9. dba

It's the year for upsets. Who knew losing Tony Parker and Jason Terry at the same time would be good for my team? I'm not sure I'd even recognize a handful of the players on my team if they walked into the room.
  10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

thanks for Terry, by the way!
    I could afford to add him and his risk because initially Hunter's real estate seemed to be really bad; somehow, they turned it into a close matchup with Devin Harris out, Kevin Love struggeling and Marc Gasol not showing up (another add, but that may have been a bad idea) - I'm glad I mad it, but Dre's team seems exceptionally good, I was very glad to have avoided him in the 1st - my team would be out already if I had.
    Pretty interesting that the worse teams seem to be championship candidates right now - now that's fantasy bball!
  11. dba

Stinky. I guess it was the wrong week for half a dozen of my guys to go all binary. Losing Martin for a couple of games reallly hurt too. The only consolation is that my team didn't lose as closely as Dre's did. Man, that hurts. A board, a couple of assists, or a block and it would have come out differently. Although I guess if I had gotten one more block and a two more steals....

Best not to think about it. That's what I get when I can't name the team of five of my players without looking it up.
  12. LA Dre

If I had not been hanging out with my wife Saturday night I would have come home early enough and dropped Kendrick Perkins for another center and possibly could have won out in the blocks category. In fact if I had even added Marc Gasol (who I had waived the week before due to injury) back on my roster early Saturday before Ralphie did, I would have had his 5 blocks in my column and going up against Loanshark in this weeks finals....and it would have been the third time in 4 years that I was in the championship game finishing 2nd in 2006 and winning it all 2007.

Now Ralphie who put up a valiant effort gets a chance to defend his title. Good luck dude!!
  13. TWOTIMESRALPHI

this matchup was close as hell and I just loved it; knowing that you had more games and that Gasol would be out at least til Sunday, I decided to rotate on the one vacant position. On the other hand, you picked up Gooden whom I dropped (and because of that I missed his 20 rebounds effort) earlier (for Gasol). And Bogut was out for one game too. Plus, guys like Udrih or Andre Miller played like hall of famers, you can't imagine who that freaked me out. It was close, I loved it - that's fantasy.
  14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

ok guys as you probably noticed I picked up a couple of players for the last day of the finals matchup; if anyone thinks that this is unfair or something, just let me know and no one of them except fot thabeet (whom I added for Gasol) is gonna play
  15. LA Dre

As they say in the big leagues, there is no next week...You play to WIN..go for it!!!!

Whey I played for the titles in 2006 and 2007, me and my opponent used the FA market every day until the end..
  16. dba

I would have tried to grab a couple for today but I thought I was too far behind for it to make much difference. But I get up this morning up 5-4, but with seven guys playing versus Dre's 9.

I've probably got the two shooting percentages and Dre surely has points, assists, and steals. I'm off now to look for Phil's and Doc's email addresses - I think Kobe and Pierce need a rest day.
  17. LA Dre

I almost added a player last night, but i figured the only way to over take you was to get some blocks and hope that my turnovers dropped today....I don't think I can make up on the boards or increase the shooting pct even if this week extends to Wednesday....which in the past seaons the last week has...does this one?
  18. dba

Didn't even think about that. I assume it ends tonight. The league homepage only lists this week as 3/29 - 4/4.
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Doesn't the last fantasy match-up of the season usually run to the end of the NBA regular season? That's not until a week from Wednesday
  20. webz

In years past it has gone the extra half week, but I'm pretty sure Motown changed it for this season. So it would end tonight.