ADVANCED Fantasy Basketball 2009

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Oct 9, 2009.

1. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

listen guys, I am looking to improve in the rebounds/blocks department; bascially, no one except for Lebron is untouchable (of course, deals that include Dalembert or Bogut don't make sense as they're the only ones to give me rebounds AND blocks). Anthony for Dwight Howard, Kevin Love for Okafor, whutup?
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

If Tony Parker had managed to play last night I could have eeked out a 5-4 win over the wombatz rather than a 4-5 loss. Alas.

Still 14 blocks from Tyrus Thomas was pretty nice.
  3. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yes, you had a very good week with the Sprockets! Tyrus Thomas should be very good the rest of the way. I think your team can make the playoffs and make some noise if they stay relatively healthy.

My team is treading water and backing into the playoffs with Chris Paul out. If he doesn't make it back before the fantasy playoffs start I can kiss my chances goodbye.

Although, I do like my Andray Blatche pick up. Hopefully he keeps it going. But it was a shame to drop Carl Landry, especially considering I did it before he got traded to a better situation!
  4. TWOTIMESRALPHI

When you picked up Blatche I was like "damn, there are more guys than Josh Howard that are going to capitalize from the last trades! Freakin' Blatche who can be just great given minutes, how could I forget?"
    Still, Landry was a no-brainer the way CV plays recently; this far, he doesn't seem better than in Houston though (ok, it's been only 2 games).
    As for me, my team is a sum of players who shouldn't have been dropped. After auto-draft messed things up (I picked CV in round #5) and my round 4 pick (Biedrins) got injured pretty bad, I was kinda hopeless. But with guys dropping players like Bogut or Love, my very last pick playing like ROY lately and with TMac staying healthy, I think I have a shot.
    I have the all star free agents (McGrady, Josh Howard), dropped players (Bogut, Love, Landry) and underarchievers (Salmons, Thornton) as only 6 players of my original rosters are left.
    This is going to be avery interesting final!
  5. detteam

detteam All-Star

I dumped Hawes for Blatche in novice...don't think I'll regret that one since Hawes has been moved to the bench. Blatche had another great night last night :)
  6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know, he's killing it!

I think if I had Hawes I would have dumped him ages ago. Westphal is turning into the next Don Nelson with his abrupt lineup and minute fluctuations. :gun1:
  7. detteam

detteam All-Star

Novice is weekly so Hawes spent a good amount of time on my bench...kept waiting for him to break out but it never happened :P

Don't get me started on Nelson...he rarely failed to piss me off with the minutes he was giving Morrow, resulting in me leaving him on the bench a lot too. At least Nelson isn't coaching anymore and I can start playing Morrow on 4 game weeks.
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

:doh: I feel like an idiot. Not sure why but when I heard Dunleavy was stepping down a few weeks ago, I was thinking Nelson. Didn't realize I screwed up until tonight :P
  9. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I was really confused when you said Nelson wasn't coaching anymore. But then I realized some would say he hasn't been coaching all season.
  10. dba

Ouch. Losing Tony Parker and Jason Terry at pretty much the same time is going to hurt.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I hope it does, because I play you next week:nerd2:....of course I had Kobe and Pierce out for at least two games at the same time last month.
  12. dba

Two games I could deal with, but Tony P is gone perhaps for the season, certainly through our playoffs, and the Jet might miss enough time to make dropping him worthwhile with only one week left in the regular season.

Too bad, I thought I had an outside chance of catching you head-to-head this week just maybe slipping into the 7th spot. Yes, I would have had to win 12-0, but it's a strange game and you never know what might happen.
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

My teams alway seem to get off to a good start and then fade on Sundays...

My goal right now is to get out of sixth overall spot and move up to 4th before the playoffs..
  14. TWOTIMESRALPHI

why? As 6th, you'd face the All Stars from the waiver list!
  15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I call myself setting my roster for the whole week because I knew I would be busy. Apparently 2 of the days I didn't hit submit and my roster did not save. I am mad about it!!!
  16. max

max All-Star

That's happened to me but I was sure I hit submit. Only this year - it has never happened before.
  17. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

LOL... Max I am pretty sure I hit submit also, but, I know I was in a rush and didn't go back and make sure it actually saved like I normally do.
  18. dba

Well, the good news is that the Sprockets are in the playoffs. The bad news is that the roster barely resembles the bunch who were winning a few weeks ago, we dole out assists like Stuckey on a bad night, and are playing #1.

Oh well, the lower the odds, the greater the glory.
  19. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Good luck everyone!
  20. dba

Not the time for Granger to miss a game tonight.

Yeah, yeah, Webz is missing Chris Paul, but I don't care. :MusicBigGrin: