Adv. league Recaps Week4

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Weekly Roundup 4 Adv. League

The loss of Gilbert Arenas reverberated throughout the league. No one was more affected than Jammertime who lost his 1st round stud for 3 months. However, both Caron (Slippy) and Antwan (Darth Tater) went ballistic in his absence. Incidentally, both Slippy and Darth managed to squeak out wins. Webz managed to pluck Antonio Daniels from the WW and is still showing the savvy that put him on top of the league.
    In his matchup with Motown, Webz served up a slice of humble pie with a nice victory despite Nene and Ratliff pooping goose-eggs. With .003 FG% margin, Motown rolled the dice with Marko Jaric. Luckily, he never got a chance to play him and lose 3-6.
    Dre has revealed himself as the ultimate Flip disciple. It all starts with the offense. The Drebaby’s score and score big. Then they rebound, drop dimes and play defense. The Wackjobs played an efficient game but that was like building a sandbag wall in front of a tidal wave.
    Darth decided to play like Linwood and showcase a bunch of bruised bananas. For good measure he got Stuckey who we all KNEW wasn’t going to play. In an amazing stroke of luck…again…Pastor injured his clicking finger and was helpless as Dyess went gaga against Utah for nothing.
    In arguably the best matchup of the week, Max and Winless squared off. Winless came out ahead as Max is still reeling from being Bibby-less for about another month but both guys got contributions down the roster.
    The Low likes to say “Not in my house” when he swats lots of blocked shots but to build a house, you need bricks. That’s where his freethrow shooting comes in. Jammer struck gold with Keith Bogans and staved off a bottoming out by riding Bogey’s 8 triples for the week.
    The Bulls’ downward spiral is apparently taking Ralphi down with them. Gordon. Tyrus. Their shooting disease spread down the roster as a whole mess of them never saw 30% FG%. Wash your hands guys…this is how epidemics are spread.
    Injuries to the TEAM made Himat stumble this week as 16 simply rolled on. 16’s pick up of Jamario Moon has definitely paid off.
  2. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice job slipster. But what about your matchup?
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

True...I did pick up Stuckey. But remember...I originally drafted him when he was healthy, so it wasn't really like I picked up an injured player. :P I wasn't going to let him sit there any longer with all you vultures hanging around. LOL.
  4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I wanted to do a more free flowing roundup like yahoo does but i just ended up doing the same ol' same ol' without neat formatting :nerd2:
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Very cool.

Love the format!

Looks like I'm the only one who like the Jaric pickup. lol.
  6. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think Jaric is a good short term pickup. I was pretty close to grabbing him myself. I just think nobody can take a guy seriously who puts his jersey on backwards.

Jaric = Quality
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great recap Slippy.:nod:.look forward to next weeks' analysis.
  8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Rapid Ralphies36.6 %FG%

I blame this on Durant
  9. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Are you calling me the Ben Wallace of fantasy GMs?