1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Adv. League Recaps Week2

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Nov 11, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

A hush settled over the masses as each GM let their teams do the talking. When the phone's did light up, it was purely business. I'll trade you 2 scrubs for your starting center. I'll trade you my #10 pick for your #7. I'll trade my used bubblegum for your PT cruiser. That's not a bad deal...Chrysler is giving up the PT for nothing.

Winless Vs. Slippy
    Winless and Slippy swapped fishing tales but Winless' Salmons was a shad better than the Slipsters Bass. Mmm Tasty. Both grill up nice. I prefer Salmon any day. Hey Winless, I'll trade you. Chuck Hayes opened the week by out playing Battier and finished the week doing the same thing. Winless out hustled the Pinkies in the final minutes as the Slip came up short once again.

#1 vs. Himat.
    Himat needed a big night on Sunday to stand a chance but he got 3 lackluster performances and its 3-6 this time around. Himat suffered from goose eggs from Hapring, Devin Harris and a negative binary-like contribution from David Harrison. Twice.

Motown vs. Tater
    You remember in the special Star Wars re-re-rerelease where Yoda slaps Skywalker silly like the 3 stooges? woo woo woo woo! nyuk nyuk nyuk! But Master! kapow! Yeah thats sort of how this one went. nyuk! nyuk! nyuk!

Pastor vs. Warthog
    Mt. Barbosa erupts and ends all hope of a Pastoral victory. Barbosa's 3's almost total Pastors entire team. To counter, Paster pep talked McDyess into his own eruption but we in pistons land know that when a piston erupts, we call it a meltdown so despite a nice jump in rebounds that took a cat back, it just wasn't enough to win a week.

Dre vs. Max
    Max is hurting and Dre, like any old school bad boys piston fan knows, you just keep going at him. For good measure, Dre rotated in a few extra guys to beat up on the short handed vanSmacks. Sportsmanship...its all about winning.

Webz vs. Low
    Webz has put together a formidable team with some nice boobies. Meanwhile the Low must be hurting since he's cut his Yi. He's not saying much so he's taking it like a man. I'm out of innuendo so I'll just ask if the Lows found a free throw coach yet.

Jammertime vs. Ralph
    The Rapids managed to pants the MC's with some serious high scoring. Big Z's impressive Varejao-less numbers keep Jammer competative but that Durant kid is sure doing well for a rookie.

16 vs. Loanshark
    ARM's getting you down? Tired of dancing banners and deceptive financing? Talk to Loanshark. I tried getting my favourite player Mike Miller from 16 and offer Gasol and Battier but he never responded. If only I had darko or delfino...

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I saw this thread last night. I was watching my fantasy football and hockey pretty closely, and had all but forgotten I had a basketball team, lol. I even read some of the fantasy basketball threads, but it didn't click.

Anyhow, I was like...oh man, did I set my lineups (makes mental note to self to check today too).

So I checked and I lost a couple categories by one steal and one turnover, or something. I think I did a similar thing last week too. Bummer.

3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Didn't take your matchup with me seriously...

I'm offended, but I thank you. lol.

4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

No, it's not that. Right now basketball is just my #3 fantasy priority.

I like my team though. They won't do that great, but I have guys I can root for and they will be somewhat competitive most weeks.

5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

recaps added. good recaps is about reading good smack during the week. if I don't recall any talk during the week, i'm just making stuff up and its usually dry.

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

you did fine. great job slipster!!

7. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Well done, buddy. LMAO @ Dre pulling a Spurrier. Looks like I need to teach the bully a lesson!

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good summary cap Slippy

Sorry bout that Van Smack, but after being edged by Low's Sour Notes in week I could not afford annihilate you in Points, Assists, Boards and Ft's and then lose out in the other categories...so I added in a couple of guys looking for that extra advantage in steals and 3 pointers. Well lordy be Sam Cassel hits a 3 ball with less 45 seconds left in the game with the Cavs to tie the 3 ball catedgory.:yellowprison: Other wise it would have been a 7-2 van smack down...:stirthepot: