Adv. League 06-07 Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by roscoe36, Sep 13, 2006.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

thats a good idea.

its not fair you be gifted top spot for someone who doesn't set their lineups. i never had that opportunity.

good one MP

Prides you have my vote. :MusicBigGrin:

2. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

Micro, you just haven't figured out when I'm being serious and when I'm not. If you knew that then you'd see that it all makes sense. Sometime's I'm playing head-games, sometimes I'm not, but all put together it sums to a grand, unified plan, that is so devious and ingenious, that even I don't understand it most of the time.

In all seriousness, or maybe not, in the interest of fairness, Mo should set the line-up for Pastor. It wouldn't be fair if I took the regular season title that way. Pastor hasn't set his schedule for a couple weeks now. Other than Winless taking advantage (and keeping quiet about it!) a couple weeks back, it doesn't seem to have affected the playoffs too much. Just over-inflated the egos of some of our bottom-dwellers, that's all.

I did not intend to insinuate that Mo is not trustworthy. We all know just how trustworhty he is, without me having to say it out loud!

3. MainManJoeD

Please note that my response, agreeing that Mo should fill in Pastor's line-up was drafted before I read your response. So I really am just a good guy in the end.

What's really not fair, is that Webz and I never met a second time in the regular season, for all the marbles. That woulda been awesome. Actually, since we both will have next week off, should we keep track of who would've won it all had we played? Not that hard to do. Of course your team was otherwordly last week (seconded by mine) and you would've won pretty easily. But still, I guess we might meet in the finals. But the Yahoo finals is pretty much hocus, and I think that winning the regular season, sustained excellence, is much more difficult and a better goal.

4. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I really had not paid much attention to Pastor abandoning his team until it was brought up today. Seems like he went on a major losing streak and just gave up the last 3 weeks since his last sign in date was March the 6th.

5. MainManJoeD

PISTONSFORUM.COM MYSTERY! Interestingly, in the last 3 weeks, Pastor has gone 7-19 and Drebabys 18-9. Hence, 3 weeks ago, just about when Pastor dialed off, he was actually in playoff position. Curiouser and curiouser. Anyone want to make a visit to his pad to make sure allswell?

Maybe the 0-9 loss to #1 drove him over the edge.

Last team he beat was Motown. Just pointing that out.

6. MainManJoeD

Riddle: Who can go 4-14 from the field, 1-4 from the line with 4 TOs, and you're actually happy about it?

Answer: Josh Smith. 12 REB, 10 AST, 3ST, 3BL.

He's a one-man roller-coaster.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

MMJD, You're ok. If I was in the top half, I would smoke you though.

8. MainManJoeD

You're in the top half of everything else.

9. Winless Wonders

My only hope is to avoid falling to the 6th seed. I must avoid facing #1 at all cost. Right now I would face Motown which will be a task but atleast I could put up a good fight and keep it close. Okafur is a girl and so is David Lee. A little pain never hurt anyone.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Actually my so called success (18-9) is based on some late season aquisitions of also rans in Rudy Gay, Eddie Jones, Nene and Andre Bargnani. They really have come thru in the last 3-4 weeks. I am only running with 2 centers and hope that they get me in and provide stability thru the playoffs.

On a serious note, I agree with MMJoe about wondering if the Pastor is OK. Doesn't appear that he has logged onto the forum since 2/28. He lives in KC..we got anybody that can track him down

11. webz

yeah a second matchup would have been sweet, but hopefully that may come in the playoffs. but i agree that regular season crown is just as important if not more so to me, than playoff win. i don't need to remind anyone that i went undefeated in novice last year (my first fantasy season) only to lose in the final to tater after half my squad sat out the final week.

if you want to have a matchup for the week off i'm cool with that, i'll keep setting my lineups. lets do it! :gun1:

12. webz

Bogut done for season. Thats gonna hurt me.

13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Bro..you are taking one helluva beating this week. lol.

Perhaps you should have kept your mouth shut. ;)

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I forgot to set my lineups last night.

That's what it takes for you to be successful. Whoopity doo, FD is probably going to broom you out of the playoffs post haste.

15. MotownPride

You've been down 8-1 since Tuesday morning. lol.

..and FD's team is good enough to broom me out. That's why you're getting smashed. lmao!

16. MainManJoeD

5 days this time.

Magliore is going back to the bench once Randolph comes back. He also shoots 17% from the free-throw line.

17. MainManJoeD

I stand corrected. Looks like Magliore will start. Good pick-up. But he still shoots 17% from the line.

...and its still 5 days.

18. Winless Wonders

My season is over. My team is no longer competitive. I probably will get smashed by whoever I face. I will still try to muster some fight but I think the writing is on the wall.

My key mistakes were dropping an injured Rashard Lewis thinking he would be out until March and not be 100% when he returned and trading Udonis Haslem for Jamal Crawford who broke his ankle and is now out for the year.

My last bone headed mistake cutting David Lee this week. The same day I cut him he starts back playing again. For weeks this guy has been racking up DNP's and no news of him practicing or anything then all of a sudden he just starts playing. Oh well, I still have a good team in the Open League and with the 1st seed I should make a deep run.

Better Luck next year

19. MotownPride

Are you finished sweatin' my moves now? lol.

..and yes you were right, but I couldn't pass up an inside tip so I ran with it. By the way, Magloire is a much better career free throw shooter than he is showing. It will improve.

20. MainManJoeD

Your team's looking pretty good right now. Nice moves of late. Hope we meet in the finals.