Adv. Fantasy Basketball 2010-2011 - Draft Discussion

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 16, 2010.

1. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

The draft was a whole lot of fun!

Let's discuss our teams, shall we? :)
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Re: Advanced League 2010-2011 - Draft Discussion

It didn't let me in the draft, but usually it doesn't until the middle of the 1st round.

I had decided, anyhow, to let the computer draft for me.

So I checked and I got Wade, Arenas, and Carmelo.

I know a couple or all of them have some red flags, but those are probably my 3 favorite players in the NBA.

I took out two dozen wounded guys but didn't adjust anything else.

So I dunno if my team sucks but I am happy! :)
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darth, as a rule, you generally draft way better when you take yourself out of the equation. Nice draft!!
  4. Darth Tater

:pound: Yeah, seriously. Exactly right! I forgot to say the reason I let the computer draft is that I draft horribly.

I don't know if you're kidding about a nice draft for me, but I know if I picked myself it would be much worse!
  5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I took on a chance on three sophomores in Evans, Jennings, Blair and then Blake G who will probably coded as a rookie.

Also have four 10+ year vets in Kobe, Duncan, GHill and Q Rich. Hope they can all still give me 65+ games

Good thing with only 12 teams, there is plenty of talent in the FA pool to draw on when the draftees start sucking...
  6. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

That was fun. I was out at Best Buy buying Grey's Anatomy Sixth Season and then I was on my way to Barnes & Noble to buy a Fantasy Basketball Draft magazine to complement the two days worth of study and highlighted charts all over the Sports Media Room so that I would be so way TOTALLY ready for our draft at 3 pm on Sunday.

Anyway the text message noise beeps and I look and it's Darth "How did your draft go? I let the computer do mine. Let me know."

That was fun. I couldn't stand it. I bought two magazines anyway. Mostly I'm bummed because I was all hyped up to pull practically an allnighter tonight reading both magazines and cross referencing the mock charts and then doing mock drafts with different draft positions to see how that affected my decision making nerves.

All that fun missed. LOL. I hope the computer had fun anyway. It seemed like it did a pretty good job and might have saved me from myself. But I just hate that Darth got Tiago Splitter instead of me. Why'd the computer give Tiago to him? I'm sure I'd treat him much better. Darthie didn't even know who he was!
  7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't get it; yahoo says Draft completed on: Sun Oct 17 12:00am CEST

that is right now. Could anyone tell me when you had the draft? Yahoo seems to have messed up the time.
  8. TWOTIMESRALPHI

damn am/pm system, I thought it was today at midnight...
  9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

I was looking forward to this for so long and now this
  10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

12-hour clock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyone in for a new draft. I was prepared, had food already and planned to have some snacks while drafting. At least I have an excuse if I suck during the season, unless we have another draft :gaah:
  11. Darth Tater

Sadly...this entire post, she is being totally serious! :pound::pound::pound:

@ C. J. Literally.

@ Aurora:smiley_hug:

@ Ralphie -I put a reminder up for everyone on Friday. Sorry, but it's your own fault for not coming to the forum every day :MusicBigGrin: or not listening to Darth if you did stop by!!! ;) :stirthepot:

OK, I don't blame you for the 2nd one.
  12. TWOTIMESRALPHI

yeah, I simply messed up big time. That whole am/pm thing confused me alot. Too bad, I already prepared a nice meal, some drinks and so on with my girlfriend as we planned to spend the night drafting. She's gotten into the whole drafting thing alot since I was talking about it for weeks now and I wake her up every morning as this is when I check out the player's performances from the night before... so we were looking forward to it ALOT.
  13. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Anyone care to do an analysis on the draft or/and a breakdown for week 1 matchups? I would, but unfortunately I don't have the time to do it correctly.
  14. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Many fantasy sports players would literally kill to have what you have. :MusicBigGrin:
  15. TWOTIMESRALPHI

is there any way to set the roster automatically? I H A T E my team (especially Boozer, injured or not) and every time I check out the roster, I hate it even more and get fed up with myself for missing the draft; it may sound nerdy, but setting the roster is simply no good for my psyche. On the other hand, I don't want to leave the team as it is as that would be unfair to the rest of the league.
  16. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Now Ralphie take heart. We are in the exact same positions. I'm sure I did as much prep or more as you did for this draft. I'm just about freaking out that I don't have DeMarcus Cousins, Tiago Splitter and Anthony Morrow on my team right now. I would have taken any of them in higher than justified rounds that's how much I like them.

In addition, I have this crazy elaborate system where I divide the entire league in half every year between teams I will watch/follow and teams I won't watch/follow and I don't draft from the 15 teams I have decided not to watch. So...the computer picked 9 out of 13 guys from teams I don't want to watch.

And I have one golden rule about Fantasy Basketball. I do not play Fantasy Basketball unless I am going to actually follow my players playing in actual basketball games. I'm like Cuban. I want to sit on the bench with my players. I don't just watch the stats come in. I just vant to see them play.

So...Atlanta, New Jersey, Indiana, New Orleans, LA Clippers, Cleveland, Dallas...
    oh yeah...I am SO looking forward to watching those basketball games...(major sarcasm intended).

Anyway, now I'm going to go look at your team and see what you are whining about! LOL. Just kidding. I feel your pain. But the computer imposed an additional insult on me that you don't feel: I don't have a single HOT guy on this team. No token HOT NBA man on an Aurora Fantasy Team. The Horror! The Horror!

So the first trade will be for the HOTNESS. :pound:Seriously.
  17. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You got Stef Curry..the closest little man to your hero AI...and we joked during the draft that if you were here you might of drafted him:)...
  18. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I ADORE STEPHEN CURRY AND HE WAS MY #1 DRAFT PICK!

I was so hoping he would get passed over because he was only a sophmore! I knew I couldn't probably get Durant unless I got the #1 pick, and then I thought that I live right here near Golden State and I'd have to pick Curry because I could go see him play easily and often!

Thanks for reminding me Dre that the computer did do some nice things. On paper I'm pretty happer with it all. I just had to adjust my expectations. Have to get ready to watch some new teams is all. Some new bad teams. LOL.
  19. TWOTIMESRALPHI

@Aurora
    feel free to make an offer. ANYONE ON MY TEAM IS A TRADE OBJECT. THESE ARE NOT MY BABIES. Especially Boozer whom I even can't drop due to this stupid yahoo list that makes certain players undropable.
  20. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sorry to hear about that Ralphie. At least you have a good challenge on your hands.

And you've still got the keeper league draft to come.

@ Aurora - Cousins may be had if the offer is right. :)