1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Adrian Dantley :: Jersey to be retired by Jazz

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Feb 10, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Adrian Dantley honored in Utah | Detroit Bad Boys
    Dantley was Joe Dumars' mentor on the Pistons, and his nickname was "The Teacher". One of the most effective low post small forwards of all time.

Adrian Dantley Statistics - Basketball-Reference.com

2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Dantley was one of my all time favorites.

I remember sitting a couple of rows back one game and Dantley was standing on the sideline. It was then that I realized what true giants these players were. I'm telling you the guy was solid muscle and his legs looked like solid thick brick.

Scary!!!!

Yes, I know how the argument goes, but I'm still sorry Aguire got the ring instead of A.D. :(

3. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dantley was a brick back before kids started lifting weights in kindergarten too.

4. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

Finally!

AD was a great player. It seems only right that someone should retire his jersey, and who better than the Jazz with whom he spent half his career and averaged 30 ppg?

5. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

One of my favorite pistons and glad his jersey got retired.

6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I will never forget the 1988 Finals where AC Green = Dantley`s female dog..........Priceless

7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Well i guess it's time to go oldskool on yall. :MusicBigGrin: My first knowledge of AD CAME IN THE LATE 70'S. Back then in Detroit, you could get Notre Dame basketball on TV. This was wayyy before ESPN game of the week and NBC Notre Dame football. Ad was a junior at ND, a 6'5" pit bull. All he did was get the ball and go to the hole. If he didnt score, he'd get fouled. And he played on a great team, Shumate, Flowers, Duck Williams. They even beat UCLA when they had won, like, 268 games in a row. I always saw AD as a player I could relate to. Like I was gonna be the first 5'7" power forward. heehee...But he was a very misconscrued NBA player. Because I never seen him dunk, scream, throw a behind the back pass, get kicked out of a game, wolf, cry about not enough minutes or get involved in a scandal(until Zekegate) in all of his 23000 point career.
    Some of yall may not know the details of this young man from maryland's life, but he was a very inspirational player to me and a dream come true for me when he came to Motown. He did get run out of town by Zeke and LAim and it was partly justified, but he will always be the man that got us through the Celtics to me! Congrats, AD!