8PM Wed Nov1 Milwaukee At Detroit

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by max, Oct 23, 2006.

1. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

GREATTTTT post, Lord Hoggmeister. Evry thing was right on point and you didnt exacurate a thing..well, maybe the desire to have a BigBoy with lettuce, but i posted yhe exact same thing about not being able to make stops. I remember back in the day when we have the streak of games under 70 pts on D. We played the Nets and with 2 mins to go they had like 69 pts with our starters on the bench and they STILL couldnt get 70(or was it the sixers) Anyway that mentality is gone. I could accept it if we would have broke out with a 115 pt game. Its a long time to April though. Its so far away I should have my HDTV by then. So lets see what happens.....:sssh:
  2. max

max All-Star

Low - Thats alright. Just get it all out of the way. Here is your chance. All the I told you so's. You got your perfect game.

I agree everyone was a half step off in our non-existant frontcourt that game. I was there too as I am for the majority of Piston games. We all were dissapointed that the team was not prepared for opening night.

I know a couple of things. One Ben would not have bailed us out that game. When everyone chooses not to play D one guy is not going to get it done on his own.

Secondly those days of under 70 games are a thing of the past. They really only happened for a 4 month period between March and June of 2004. In 50 some years of Piston bball a 4 month stretch is not going to define your francise.

Ben left the same way he came - with a smart business decision. He left a Magic team who were favorites at the time to take the East in order to come to an uncertain 00-01 Piston team. With Chic he chose not to leave 12 mil on the table and thats about it.

Downplaying his accomplishments? If I had to trade in a BMW for a Ford then what good would it do me to dwell on my old BMW? Nazir is not Ben but he is making almost 1/3 the amount which will free up a lot of cash to keep a lot of good players on board in the future.

Ben has not exactly been playing like the 60 million dollar man in his 1st 2 games so take that for what it is.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Warhog, great recap!:thumb[1]:

Sorry to hear about the lack of lettuce. :P
  4. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

:yellowprison: I just would like to know how DARKO AND BEN GOT INTO THIS THREAD? Do we all have a.d.d. and can't keep our mind on the subject? Or are we senile people, living in the past? Can't we have a separate Darko thread and Ben thread and talk about them their own threads instead of every thread being theirs'. It's like we only had two team members. I would much rather had Carmelo but you can't go back. I would rather have Duncan for a center but that's the breaks. :lalala: :lalala: :deadhorse :noidea: :yawn: :loco:
  5. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

We tried that....Its futile!!!!
    All I know is being in chat really bummed me out.
  6. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree with you on Darko, however, this was our first game without Big Ben. Ben was our team leader, our identity for 6 years. He helped bring a Championship to the city. He put Detroit back on the basketball map. I think its natural to talk about him in the first game thread since he left.

Darko was some kid with a bad mustache that sat at the end of our bench for a few years.

(Yes I know that the mustache was only fleeting... but I couldn't resist.)
  7. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

:rofl: :laugh:

:pound:

A Most Excellent Rant!!!:rant2:

:dizzy2:EasyBuckets You Have Won Me Over With These Two Posts Today!!!
  8. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

OH, NOW I get it! Ben Wallace is crap. Who wants a 4-time DPOY anyway? Losing him means nothing...we are better now than we ever were.

Flip Saunders is a coaching mastermind.

30-Mil is cheap so we'll have more money on the table to go after KG and we're going to win the title in a full playoff sweep. What am I worrying about?

I think from now on, I'll just enjoy the ride to the ring. Yee Haw!
  9. max

max All-Star

Its not a question. See thats the problem. There is no question and no more choices in the matter. Ben is gone and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

If you think you can influence these things you can't. Only way would be to not go to the games.
  10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Maybe if we all formed a line from here to Chicago in protest... and chanted "Ben gone no more" Paxson will have a change of heart and release him back to us because he feels sorry for the Pistons.
    :pirates: Arrr mates... we're mad as hell and we ain't gonna take it no more.