8PM Wed Nov1 Milwaukee At Detroit

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by max, Oct 23, 2006.

1. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

1 Stat:

4th Qtr - Game PIP:

MIL 70 - DET 28
  2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Flip was 9-1 in season openers before tonight. The last time he lost an opener was 2000.

Tonight continued a string of disappointing games dating back to last playoffs. It wouldn't be so bad but the Bucks are lousy and they never gave up the lead all game.

They out quicked the Pistons, they out hustled the Pistons and they out shot the Pistons.

When you shoot 21 treys and turnover the ball 22 times, you are not going to beat anyone.

And Sheed was a big fat zero on offense before getting his second technical for talking to the ref, ejecting him from the game.

Joe has a lot of work to do. Someone call Jalen Rose.
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

4. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well, so much for that! Can we sue NBA Live for false advertisment?
  5. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

This one is all on Flip, maybe a little on Sheed, 80-20?

38, 38, and 35.

Minutes played by Rip, Tay, and Billups. Thought this was the year to play the bench? Jmax wouldn't have gotten in if Sheed hadn't fouled out. Delfino played GREAT, yet got 8 minutes. Flip is horrible on D, shoots too quickly, but got 18 minutes.

Wonder how many minutes the starters/bench get on Friday, the first half of a back to back, right before a west coast trip. This could get ugly real fast.

Bright spot, Flip could get fired real fast.

BTW, either the zone D doesnt work, or Flip hasn't taught the players the right way to play it. Either way, any poor job of coaching.

Also, BTW, early prediction of McCoskey's column (after consulting with Flip): Sheed thrown undert the bus, would have won if players listened to him, Flip and JMax were bright spots (JMax really was, the Brahma is starting to win me over), and ZERO mention of Delfino.
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

No. Carlos did good today. I'm surprised he didn't get his number called much in the third today. I don't mind the loss because these guys need to understand that they can't sleepwalk and win games. I don't blame Sheed for the techs fully. He did nothing the first time, and the second time he was talking to Villanueve not the ref. He needs to understand that he has to let it go though.

Besides Rip no one went inside. The one thing that the loss of Ben will cause that is good is less double teams. They have make use of it, and take it inside, and move the ball. Hopefully this loss gets a message through these guys's skulls because they still don't get it.

Sheed needs to show up next game. I'm looking for 10 boards and 2-3 blocks. I really don't care about a 20 point game. Even if he has points someone will fill in the points for the Pistons. For now though we need his help in the paint. Tayshaun is too something. I can't find the word for it. He took too many jumpshots and kept losing the ball inside. He needs to show up next time as well. Nazr just has to hustle. Get the offensive boards, and get bigs in foul trouble. Get confidence and keep possesions alive. He really needs to stop fouling too. Dice missed layups, and dunks! I won't be too worried about it for now. He is still on the unlucky side of the whistle so he has to do whatever he can. Rip should stick to doing what he did. Don't settle for the jumper, and take it inside. He shouldn't force it too though he should drive and create as well. Delfino did good, hope he gets more time when the starters are sucking next time though. Maxiell needs to learn to let the game come to him. He had a Ben prescence there though. He got the whole team pumped up with his blocks and boards, unfortunantly that was when the Pistons missed 5 bunny's in row. If he does that still though that would be good. Flip Murray shot good, but I hope Flip plays the 2 rather than the 1. This Piston team needs to put an all out effort, and work harder next game.

It's better to learn your lessons right now so you can work to fix it for the whole year. Last season the first time the Pistons faced problems was not for a long time, but it was at the worst time. If the team stops more penetration. If less jumpshots are taken. If Sheed asserts himself more I won't be ticked about this loss. Heck if one of this things starts to improve by Friday I'll be good.

It won't be easy to get over the loss of Ben by any means, and most of us should of anticipated something like this to happen.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I really don't care about a 20 point game. Even if he has points someone will fill in the points for the Pistons.????.......This is why I love Garnett. he's 20 and 10 on a BAD NIGHT. If this is truly "PISTONS PAST" then this old ghost needs to go...0 and 3?????jeez
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

You also love Garnett because he'll take away all your money, right? I'm not saying I don't care. I will care when it comes crunch time. I'm saying that he should put a larger effort on defense.
  9. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

It was a picnic at the hoop for the Bucks. Our defense is way down from Deeetroit basketball. But where is the Flip offense? Just as dis-jointed as last year's playoffs.

It is only one game...
  10. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I really think if the bench gets in there and starts schooling other teams the starters will get motivated to play harder. It shouldn't even be like that though they should play hard from the beginning. Hopefully thinks get better at Boston.
  11. max

max All-Star

Well that was bust. Only an 8pt loss and I am still shaking my head trying to figure out how this was not a 20+ point blowout. I left the game thinking that Milw appeared to get 80% of their points on 2' shots and easy dunks. Turns out I was right.

This team played like the Pistons minus Ben Wallace. Also minus Sheed for all practicle purposes and minus a half way decent backup guard with that performance by Murry. How Dumars/Hammonds could think a TO proned shoot 1st guard who no one else wanted could be their answer off the bench I just cannot grasp.

We will be ok. Saw flashes of Chili type defense in the pre-season and the team always adjusted for the next game so hopefully that will carry over with the regulars.

Looks like Saunders is gravitating to a short bench again with Dyess and Murry as the main guys. Delfino played 12 mins and Hunter made a brief appearance. Maxiel played but that was probably only because Sheed teched out. Maxiel was promptly benched after contributing to 1 of the Pistons 22 TO's. Either that or perhaps Flip reacted to one of his players actually blocking a shot without fouling or throwing the ball away.

Its only the 1st game folks and Milw has always given the Pistons problems. Team has some work to do. I would have thought that they would have worked a lot of this out in practice but I guess not.
  12. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

[STRIKE]GOING TO WORK[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]DEEE-TROIT BASKETBALL[/STRIKE]
    WE'VE GOT HORSE POWER!!
    [​IMG]
  13. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Low you hit the hammer on the nail buddy, and the next four Piston opponents will look at stat and we could be 0-5 before we knew what hit us. I say we could probably survive getting 30-35 points in the paint ourselves and win a game, but no way the Pistons can give up more than 55 points in the paint and expect to win a game. . This trend started near the end of the season and the Bucks just exploited it more.:(

We got excellent production out of the starting guards, except for Rips 5 TO's and CB 1-6 3 ball attempts. but Sheed was no show even before he got thrown out. I guess as predicted he became the first victim of the Sterns winey rules:Cry:

Nice prodiction out of for Tay too, especially in the third qtr, but again 5 TO's to offset it,
    Neither Jalen Rose or Ben wallace would have helped tonight. Sheed appears to lazy and both Dice and Nazr appeared to slow to stop anybody in the paint. Joe start looking and packaging...
  14. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Dre and Low many of the PIP came because of the to's. Don't panic yet.
  15. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

On the bright side...
    Mohammed managed to get 12rebs, 4 of them on the offense- and he's still recovering from Ramadan a lil bit
    The Bucks got outrebounded by 10
    Fino played and did ok- he showed he deserves more playing time
    I don't want to talk about the bad things as everyone mentioned them already; but I simply have the feeling that something was missing... not exactly Ben, but a player with his attitude (his attitude before last season).
    The Pistons need someone who can fire it up by blocking a shot into the third row or by throwing down a thunderous dunk.
    Sheed was a disappointment, his presence is even more important now that there ain't no Ben over here anymore.
  16. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

this is gonna be one long season
  17. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Bballjay, any words? or will you hide?

Interior defense as of game 1 is the worst in the league minus Ben. Darko looked liked hamster vomit first game.

We gotta lotta work to do. Joe please pickup Jalen Rose as soon as possible. We need swagger and leadership.
  18. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

:frusty: 70 points in the paint for the Bucks??? Bogut outplayed Sheed???

Hopefully, things can get better.......that's all I can say now.:help2:
  19. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious, himat. I doubt anybody is in a panic after Game 1. 81 more to go. Pretty poor performance outta the gate, however.
  20. easybuckets

easybuckets First Round Draft Pick

WHATS WITH THE TURNOVERS? Did the Pistons just get back from a wesson oil party? Why did they turn it over so many times? They could use some of K Rogers pine tar!! They need to have Sheed wear a ski mask so the ref's can't see the expression on his face. Or maybe Sheed could have botox treatments to freeze his face! The turnovers need to stop!