8pm Oct 13th Detroit at Minnesota

Discussion in 'October 2006' started by max, Oct 8, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Here are the NBA.com highlights. The Flip Murray drive and Dunk was the Pistons play of the game.

Pistons 101, Wolves 96 (F)

There seems to be a general malaise about this game. Did the Tigers steal their thunder? Chat had a few veterans, but nowhere near the turnout I would expect for the second preseason game. :ohwell:
  2. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

jmax played great. he's still the blackhole but i don't expect anything more from him. he had two dunks on the fast break worthy of me getting out of my seat to cheer. i look forward to seeing him unleashed in the regular season i don't know if guys are ready for his aggressiveness.
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Great. Thanks for posting that. I'm really pissed that I get NBA TV and league pass and I can't see a pre season game. Oh well.

JMax plays the way that I wish I played at the gym. Bball would be so much more fun if I could do that... especially without refs.
  4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

dangit i forgot to tape the game (was out at the bar) ... looks like i missed some maxiel magic!!
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Guilty as charged... the Brahma is now comercial... how bout them "Free The Brahma" T-shirts?
  6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Thanks for the link. I won't be at chats much this season. I'm in a new time zone and it really sucks for games (+5) so games dont start til 1 or 2am now. whereas last year in aus the games start at 11am-12noon. I may stay up for some games on weekends, but i can't participate much this season which is a bit annoying.
  7. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

I watched and thoroughly enjoyed the unleashing of the Brahma Bull. I don't chat because I'm relatively new to basketball and the game still looks very fast to me. Add in a computer screen - - and I'll miss everything.

I'll second what bball jay said about guys not being ready for his aggressiveness. It's almost comical to watch the opposing players respond to him. And it's not that he is playing dirty (from what I can tell). It's like he is a great ball of energy (a black hole, if you will) that they can't quite figure out how to deal with.

one other thing: Did I see Asst. coach Igor on the bench? Are the Pistons keeping him another year? Will he ever be Hallway Coach?
  8. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

If Flip can't judge, hopefully Joe will tell him. Last year, Delfino and Evans were at their best playing WITH each other. Their games complimented one another, but Flip chose to play them AGAINST each other, or simply just didn't like having Rip and Tay out at the same time.
  9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Fair enough. But be advised, it's no meeting of the minds, mostly just a bunch of forum members shooting the breeze. You are always welcome.

Off the bench, he creates mismatch problems and because he runs the break and can work off the block, the Pistons can use him to control tempo. A game changer like that can be valuable if he continues to improve.

LOL. They usually have IGOR on radio after the games. He's not popular enough for TV yet. :pound: