1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

8 Months Later Monroe or Cousins

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Feb 5, 2011.

1. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I see Monroe as the same type of below the rim defender as laim, quick hands and positions his body well. This style of defense is effective and he rarely leaves his feet which leads to less fouls

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Laimbeer was pure attitude. Tough to duplicate that.

I don't see Monroe roughing up Lebron in 3 years and then inducing Chris Bosh to take a swing at him.

3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

very true, but that is unfortunately the soft league that we are given to watch today. Man I miss the real nba. where men were men and Kobe, LBJ and such would still be pickin up teeth if they tried the crybaby crap they do now.

4. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think you're right, but the true test will be when someone gets the gumption to knock LBJ onto his pins when he tries that throw the ball off the backboard to himself thing. He tried it last night and got fouled before he could get the rebound shot off, but not nearly hard enough. A team who lets him do that just has no respect for itself.

5. Benjols

Benjols Second Round Draft Pick

Yeah, I agree. I'd like to see a bruiser down low next to Monroe so that Jonas can scoot over to SF so we've got great length. If Daye can play SG then we are just ridiculously long. That'd be a beautiful lineup.

6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

Im not sure we need a bruiser to pair with monroe, I think shotblocker is all we need. Let monroe stay at the 5, bring in an athletic 4 that plays above the rim, then as was stated earlier let jj play the 3 test daye at the 2 and see what happens

7. Benjols

A super athletic guy would work too, although I have a fondness for bruisers. Josh Smith would be great, but I feel like our cap issues could make it difficult to do anything but keep up solid drafts until Rip, Charlie V, and BenGo are dealt with. (For the record, I love BenGo...sometimes.)

8. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

+1 for Josh Smith. Although I don't see why Atlanta would trade him.

9. Benjols

They've been wanting to trade him since they're unlikely to resign him once his contract is up, I believe.

10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I miss the real NBA also where physicality won you games and earned you respect. I liked that comment in an earlier post about "picking up your teeth"...made me laugh. Too much hot-doggin in the league today. Need the good old fashioned clothes line applied with a strong forearm. I wish Laimbeer had played against Lebron. Or Mahorn for that matter.

Need somebody like that next to Monroe...setting an example...

11. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

oh my, reading your words, I can not believe that a GM that inked RIP, CV and possibly JMax to the kind of contracts they have, is still in charge; even more when considering the issues lately.

12. Benjols

If Joe Dumars wasn't Joe Dumars he would've been fired already...if that makes sense. I feel like he might be out when Gores takes over. I oddly have mixed feelings about that.

13. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

per my previous observations on what happens to JD. He will get at least one more year for a variety of reasons.

14. copper

copper Bench Warmer

If he hadnt won that ring as gm he would be out. That championship team he built gave him a longer leash than hedeserves and rightfully so. He built a champ once and he gets a chance to do it again, but he is real close to the end of that rope now.

15. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

I just gotta say that over the last 5 games GM has been playing some of the most beautiful basketball I've ever seen by a Piston big man. Coming out of college the knock on him was lack of athleticism (which is false, he's plenty athletic, he just lacks leaping ability) but his below the rim play is Old Skool and I love to watch it! His footwork, good hands, ball handling, vision, and those lefty layups and finger rolls off the glass have been a joy to watch as of late.

16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Oh and Joe would be very smart to use one of our 2nd rd picks on Jajuan Johnson out of Purdue to play with GM. Good rebounder, long, shot blocker, good outside shot, a poor man's Marcus Camby.

17. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Johnson gonna slip that far? He might be a mid to late first rounder? I haven't looked at any of the mock drafts, so maybe I'm out of the loop.

18. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Most mock drafts have him going early to mid 2nd rd. 4yr player, too small to be an NBA PF, too slow for SF. But I think he's really gonna surprise some folks.

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Huh? He has two more years left in his contract after this year. They have Horford locked up for another 4 years in a ridiculously reasonable contract as well. Their front court is set for the next two years, and along with Joe Johnson that trio is their core. The only way Smith becomes expendable is if Atlanta signs a starting caliber center and moves Horford to the 4. Then Smith becomes redundant and can be dealt to afford more pieces.

Atlanta would trade away Marvin Williams way before Josh Smith.

20. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

End of the first round here.

2011 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net