7PM Tues Oct 24 Washington At Detroit

Discussion in 'October 2006' started by max, Oct 23, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

Preseason game #7. Note the time change for the World Series.

2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Looks like this game will be available on TV for all of us who have League Pass. I know it's only pre-season, but come on, it's not like the Tigers are in the Worl...Ser...or anything...oh...right. :)

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I guess I'll have to Tivo the World Series.

4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

This game is on League Pass? Or is it on locally here in the area D4E?

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't get this one on TV. :(

Chat will open at 6:30 and stay open until midnight.

6. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

My cable listings say that I'm getting it on League Pass. I could be wrong, but I don't think it's on locally for us.

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

My league pass channel had it listed yesterday (the music was playing and all that), but then it dropped off today. I haven't received any pre-season games yet, so I'm sceptical that they will come through for me. They gotta get control of their channel.

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

It should be on LP since it's on Fox... they usually show those games (unlike UPN)

9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Open Letter to Carlos Delfino.

Carlos D, I want you to go out there and have a good game. If ever there was a moment to seize, this is it. Play your game, not Flip Murray's game, not Mo Evans' game. Play with urgency and moxie. Kick some tail so I can go all double bladed lightsablers (the red kind) on Darth HQ. :starwars:

10. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Can we put to rest that Brahma is too short?

Is this the boost that Carlos needed... let's see it in back to back games now.

11. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Thanks Carlos!

WHAT DID U Say HQ?

12. 16 Mile

16 Mile Bench Warmer

12 boards, 6 assists, 4 steals, 1 blocked shot, 5-13. If that's not a Piston DNA stat line, what is? CD does not need to shoot. IMHO, unless it's a dunk he shouldn't take it. But, as long as he gets his % to .400, and continues to do all the other things, he will be a serious part of this team for a long time.

13. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

Atta boy Carlos! Halfway respectable shooting and a good all around game. Can we have another...like tomorrow........puleeease? :makmiday:

14. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Good game for Delfino. I still want to see him start his minutes with a little more FIRE. Carlos just seems like he is SLEEPWALKING out there oh so often. I think alot of it has to do with the SF's role in Flip's offense. They are left in the corner just waiting for a kickout and shot. That's not a role that will accentuate Delfino's skills. He needs to have the ball in his hands and he needs to ATTACK THE RACK. I think Delfino is at his best pulling a defensive rebound and starting the fastbreak on his own. He always seems to make the unselfish play and good things happen. We need another guy who can push the ball in transition.

I hope to see more of Delfino in the open court and less of him hoisting treys from the corners.

15. roscoe36

Jack, you got anything to say about Maxiell?

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I once had 12 rebounds and 6 assists IN oNE Quarter....Who did he actually play against? Me, it was Our Sisters of St Mary!

17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Well, I finally got to see a frckn game on league pass... and it was a good one.

Looking at JMax, I noticed that he has a pretty short neck. You could easily tack on 3 more inches to his neck and he would look normal, and he would play exactly the same. Shoulder height and wingspan, i.e. standing reach, should be the true height measurement in the NBA. And I'm guessing his standing reach puts him on par with most 6'10" players. When you add his weight, agility, and hops, he's another Barkley. Whatever, he is dominating.

My only other observations are the following:
    Lindsay Hunter routinely surprises me with his youthfulness. I'm really glad he came back for a final year.
    Nazr looked extremely vanilla.
    Amir looks very raw, but he knows what shots to avoid taking. I am now officially in favor of giving him a big dose of D-League time mixed with some occasional big league minutes. I don't think he's yet at a level where he can provide something that the other players can't.

And Flip Murray was a GREAT pickup for the price. He was slashing, throwing nice passes, shooting well, and putting in effort on D.

Of course, Carlos has a big game too. Surprisingly, he played 46 minutes! Flip is really giving him a long look. A lot of the steals and rebs were the result of other players work, but he also helped out in spots where he didn't get credit. And when he hits some of those jumpers, it is hard to criticize.

18. roscoe36

19. Jackattaq

Jackattaq First Round Draft Pick

Yeah, I"M WRONG ABOUT THE KID, I saw him last year, I was down on him in summer league because he looked like the biggest blackhole ever. But after this preseason, I gotta say I love the way that he is becoming a MAN IN THE PAINT. He is becoming a guy I can't wait to see more of. I love the way he can OUTMUSCLE guys on the way to the rim. He plays hard and runs hard. I didn't like him too much last year and wasn't sold on him until AFTER his entire preseason of excellent post play, he continues to live at the FREE THROW LINE (where any GOOD PF should be) and he is just finally starting to make his presence felt on the defensive end. He has FINALLY shown an ability and willingness to pass it back out of the post if he gets doubled. I'm very excited about him as a player in the paint for us. I am so sick of the Pistons and their PERIMETER ONLY PLAY. We need a postup player and if Jason Maxiel and eventually Amir Johnson will be those guys than I can't wait to see more of them both.

20. roscoe36

That's pretty cool Jack. :thumb: