76ers March 20th...7:30

Discussion in 'March 2007' started by mercury, Mar 19, 2007.

1. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

The Palace
    7:30 TV20 & LBALP

The Pistons take on the improving 76ers... once in the running for the Oden sweepstakes Philly has put together a decent winning streak before getting blown out against the Rockets.
  2. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

"Blown out" is putting it mildly...they lost (at home, no less) to Houston by half a hundred! :eek:
  3. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

After the game Stephen A Smith wrote a very scathing column on the current state of the Sixers...basically blasting them for winning too many games because they aren't that good. (philly.com)...and urging Philly fans not to expect much from what is a pretty bad team.

Of course the Pistons tend to play teams like Dallas and Phoenix well and then relax for games like this.
  4. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

A good game to sit CB. The 76ers have been playing well b4 that embarrasing display the other night, but we know our Pistons.

CB will need to be available for the two game Texas swing this weekend.
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

If Saunders plays Billups heavy minutes in a back to back, he needs to be fired. Ok, he should be fired in any case, but that would just be one more reason.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah his days are numbered now and anything less than a 7 game loss in the finals means that his 2 year stint is done just like Cola and LB. The Gopher HC office is still vacant waiting for him.

Definitely let CB show off one of his $500 suits again and help Flip coach.
    He's got to be ready for the Texas 2 step. Flips got to give Blalock some looks too to see if he has learned anything in the D league ...like how to shoot.
  7. Mr.Shady

Mr.Shady First Round Draft Pick

I don't know why, but I love Saunders...One of my favourite coaches. Anyway we are going to win today fo sure and I am happy that I will probably see Ronald Dupree play!!! We beat the Sixer at our first meeting and they were without Ivy that night, too. So we know how to play against an Ivyless Sixers.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Roscoe player in the game, The Palace Prince, Tayshaun Prince!

Roscoe happy very much about Flip Saunders make coach job good. Nice against NBA legend Morrice Cheeks. Also super coaching from Kevin Wilson.

Delfino looking very stylish with black armband.

Best play in game was miss dunk by Ronny Carny.

Hey, Flip Murray fan club start now. I am president. Bye.
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Can't add much to that re-cap from...Borat?

The Pistons were screwing around for a lot of the first half without giving much effort, but they blew it open in the third quarter and didn't look back. Tay has averaged something like 30 points against Philly this year. Another good solid game for Flip Jr., too.
  11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pistons won every quarter tonight and had an 8 pt halftime lead and a 10 pt 3rd qtr lead. well you know the story...Pistons were 32-3 when leading at the end of 3. They had a 2 pt lead on Sunday at the end of three, but unfortunately the Mavs stopped that magnificant accomplishment. Tonight there would be no repeat as the Pistons scored the first 14 pts of the qtr to put the game away.

Garbage time came early about the six minute mark with the Pistons leading 90-67. Pistons then play keep away and manage to score 6 points in six minutes with Delfino, Jmax and Blalock each getting a bucket.

Tay was the star of the game with 30 points, and has owned the sixers all season. Delfino was the star off the bench. Dice got some boards, but was shut out in the points department and steaming from an early tech.

Flip played 44 minutes, only took one bad shot and scored 12 with 7 assists. Rip got beat up again, and probably needs to get in the hot tub or ice tub after the game.

AI jr and Ashton Kolver were no shows and Willie Green who was an allstar in the first half with 16 pts and was shut down in the second with 4.

Positives: we stop the 3 game slide at home and the Cavs lose so the lead is extended back to 2.5. Cavs have 8 more road games to struggled thru so we should be able to still finish ahead of them. Pistons got to take at least 2 of the next 3 road games to keep them at bay.

Key stats: the same winning formula that punctuated the west coast trip; good defense holding the opposition under 80 pts, shooting above 50% themselves and out pointing the opposition in the paint 40-22
  12. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Gee, add Jason Maxiell to the rotation just a bit and what a difference. A laugher. Jason was especially helpful at the end of the 3rd quarter when the starters really needed an energy boost. Of course, they needed one at the end of the first too, but at least Flip learned from one half to the next.

Flip Murray had a decent game. Lots of assists, and scored too. Not a point guard though. Look at Blalock. In very short minutes, he managed to repeatedly drive it to the basket, either handing it off or scoring himself. That is what we could be watching all season long. Back to Flip. He was simply played way too many minutes in this one, losing his effectiveness much of the first half while not getting any rest until about 5 minutes to go in the half.

Defino scored a bit, played good D. As good D as anyone on their quickest guard. Yes, he can play the point. We opened up a decent lead with Delfino running the point in those last five minutes of the first. The key to that? Good ball handling by Delfino, and solid defense from Rip, Tay, and Delfino.

Webber had the flu. Still managed some good passing and a shot or two. Dyess, can't remember much from him except a rebound here and there. Rip had a good scoring game. Sheed hit a couple of threes in the fourth to put the game out of reach. Not a whole lot inside from him though.

Prince, as usual, owned Philly. 30 points. Inside and out. Philly just has nobody who can stay with him.

The Pistons came out fast, with Flip Murray dishing a couple of nice assists, and then scoring himself once he got Philly looking for the pass. But it was short lived as he ran out of tricks, and just stayed out there anyway. Defensively, Flip Murray did pretty well in this one.

In the post game interview, Flip said he could not take Murray out at the end of the game. Gee, and he is the coach? Sounds exhausted from coaching the game. Here is a clue for next time Flip. Oh, and you just used this a couple of games back. A front line of Mohammed, Dale Davis, and Jason Maxiell. This leaves Blalock and Delfino as the guards. Good win. Our stars got some rest. Of course, Webber, having the flu won't help. I hope Billups does not play this next couple of games. We don't need the wins that bad. We do need Billups healthy for the playoffs. Nite all and GO PISTONS!!!!!
  13. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

Man, is Rip getting worked over lately. I don't remember him getting hit that hard that often. Is he acting a little to pick up some FTs, or is he really getting hit that hard?

I remember he said that he was going to try to get to the line more often.

He could pick up some injuries if he is not a little careful. Of course, it does seem to work for Wade.
  14. Dlev59

Yeah I noticed that too Lazy. I wonder if that`s the new MO of the league to slow Rip down? A couple of hard slaps to the face mask will do it every time!
  15. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Overheard after Rip gets smacked down on consecutive possessions.....
    Sheed to Rip... "ya alright Dwade?"... everyone laughs
  16. Dlev59

The thing is, with Rip`s mask, he will soon need some reinforced padding under it. That mask being pushed into your skin must be more painful than a plain ol` wack in the face..................:shout:
  17. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Roscoe gone third person. Me thinks me likes!:MusicBigGrin:
  18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Me replayed that about three times on my DVR. Me girlfriend saya"thats why I love Sheed and thats why he makes me mad when he plays bad." ME call her 'Roscette' now! She's a closet Sheed freak. Roscoe out of closet. Third person, he is. Me like how we played a blowout game without too much energy used.

PRINCE- VERY GOOD, but turned a 40pt game into 30 by missing 2 dunks and 2 layups and being fould on 3 seperate occasions...

DYESS- shouldve just took the night off and gave the brahma HIS minutes

RIP- very first year-piston like: 18 pts on 10 shots and 8 ft's

ME HATE HIM- five very good games in a row. Looking very Seattle-ish

LOS- good make up game..weak on a couple of drives. Sometimes me forgets that he's still only what? 25?

everybody else was adequate enough for Sixers...Carney? funnier than Art!!!:pound: As he missed his dunk, I could hear him saying "Way 2 go there, Ralphie boy!"....
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Not only did Prince have one of his best offensive games ever, but he made Korver get the day's worst on the Daily Dime. He was 0 for 7 from 3-point land I believe.

That's an all-around butt-kickin. And, the man asks out of the game as he was approaching his career high. He's the anti-Kobe.
  20. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Didn't Kobe choose to sit out the entire fourth quarter after outscoring the Mavs by himself through three last year?

No, probably not. That's not the sort of thing selfish rapist thugs do.