7:30PM Nov4 Memphis at Detroit

Discussion in 'November 2006' started by max, Nov 4, 2006.

1. max

max All-Star

7:30PM Nov4 Memphis at Detroit

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

It's on FSN!

Another game I do not get! What cruel torture to have a forum and not be able to watch the games. Like being in a long distance relationship or allergic to chocolate.

3. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Last year I only got to watch espn or tnt games because of no local (lansing 18 carried maybe 10 or so games) and no fsn that was rough.

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i feel bad for everyone that doesn't get to watch the games. :( i pretty much watch every game all year (besides the ones i attend), or at least tape and watch later if i'm not around.

guess you guys just gotta move to SE michigan! but good luck finding a job!

5. max

max All-Star

I much prefer tv20 because they replay the game all night.

6. Woody

Woody All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

you think you have it bad.

Here in central Illinois all I get is da Bulls. Never see the Pistons unless its against the Bulls, and then I get Red Kerr.

Roscoe, all I ever have is the chat and Yahoo ticker. No wonder I talk so much smack on the chat. What else do I have? Certainly not the facts.

7. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Why not radio league pass over the net? Heck, I grew up following the Pistons primarily by radio.

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

League Pass and a DVR, THAT`S THE TICKET!!

I fortunately get to catch every Piston game. Tonight, I want to see that same agressive attack the basket mentality (CB and Rip) from our guards.

9. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

I live in SE Michigan and I have a job and I have Comcast Cable and I have a frikkin' tree branch down in my yard, that oh yeah.... also took the cable line down. ARGH!

Fiance came up with this brilliant plan to leave the cable line down until the tree trimmer could get here because it would be easier for him to work around it. Tree trimmer came out for estimate and said, "oh the cable line I can work around that no problem".... stupid fiance ARGH!

The worst part was that fiance came home last night and saw me sitting there listening to the game and he says - - "why aren't you watching it on TV?" I just look at him and say - - "what do you think? ARGH!"

Moral of the story - - never get between a woman and her basketball viewing, especially when it's the second game of the season and the team layed an egg in the first game.

crastinator's fiance = :yellowprison: :nerd2::loser:

um, there is no smilie for "sleeping on the couch" but you get my drift.

10. roscoe36

I guess I don't have it so bad after all. :pound: (compared to fiance, not crastinator)

11. roscoe36

Chat is open!

Click on QUICKLINKS (top right) and select FLASHCHAT

12. Big dunk

Big dunk Second Round Draft Pick

Roscoe, my friend....I am sooooo sorry that you cannot get FSN. I enjoyed the Wings AND the Pistons because I have Direct TV. I feel bad for your bad luck.:gun1:

13. HelloIDistance

HelloIDistance First Round Draft Pick

Good game tonight. Bench was awesome, especially Maxiell. The starters didn't play too many minutes, only one was Rip with 39. Billups only had 30.

14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Nazr was huge in the first quarter tonight, and Sheed was huge in the 4th. The bench was great in the first half, and with a bad night for Dice--no points and 4 fouls in only 12 minutes--the beneficiary was The Brahma, with 13 pts on 5 of 9 from the floor (and 3 of 4 from the line!) in 20 minutes. Flip Murray had a couple of bad turnovers, but also some nice drive and dish plays, for 5 assists total. Rip led the way with 24 points on 9 of 17 from the floor. Pistons D was pretty solid, with the Grizz only shooting 38% from the floor, though they did get to the line 34 times.

15. max

max All-Star

Pistons win 95-86

NBA.com

Yes it was a good game. Rip lead the team with 24 points and Sheed with 13 boards and 2 blocks. Pistons displayed a pretty deep bench tonight. Some was Flips choice and some was early foul trouble. Maxiel came up huge in extended mins (20) carrying the team for a stretch in the 2nd. Murry played almost exclusivly at the point for the 2nd straight game and did a pretty good job controlling the flow. Delfino logged in 16 mins looking very comfortable out there and seems to have found his shot going 3-6 with 1-3 pointer. But he played very smart out there which is the main thing. Hunter also saw some action.

For those of you who did not see the game the Pistons did get outscored in the paint 30-24. But keep in mind that opposing teams are looking to really test the Pistons there. Tonight it helped the Pistons to 7 blocks and holding them to 38% shooting as the Pistons did a good job denying penetration and making things hard around the paint. If this is where the opponents want to go then its actually going to work to our advantage as its going to take away a lot of what they normally do. I would rather give up some paint points if it results in a 37.8% night for the opponent.

Sheed got 1 tech which he probably deserved as he was his usual self and would not shut up. There were plenty of other times where Piston players discussed calls with the refs without penalty. Looks like if its in situations where its not going to hold up the game ( before FT's ) and its done in a productive manner they will allow it.

Anyway, 2nd straight win and 2nd straight game where Pistons took over the game down the stretch. Rebounding wise the Pistons enjoyed a 4 board difference.

16. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That's a good point on the PIP statistic, Max. I agree with you there.

As for Delfino, he was REALLY good in the first half, but kind of crappy when he got back in there in the 4th quarter. Still, I like it when he gets minutes.

17. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

hoh! hohhhhh! look who's atop the central division and holding the league's longest win streak!! :pound:

overall, i'd say far more positives tonight than negatives. of the latter, most of it was stuff that's present in every game: a few weak defensive possessions, occasional stagnant posseession on offense. maybe the only thing that stood out among the negatives as something to really pay attention to was some dodgy passing in stretches, some of them key plays. i wondered if the bench guys might not be used to the minutes they are getting (neither the quantity nor the type of minutes) and that might be wwhy they tailed off a bit in the second half. on the positive, ditto everything said by my partner piston legend d4ever (those in chat will know) and max.

maybe i'd emphasize that sheed kept his head in it (even after a t on a questionable offensive foul call) and took over when it mattered, perhaps offering a tentative initial answer to questions about leadership from him. he'll never be perfectly reliable, in my opinion. he's an emotional guy and that will always be part of his game. if you don't want that you don't want sheed, and that's cool of course. but i do believe he is capable of channeling it... i feel like i've seen plenty of instances of him doing so.

18. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

19. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

I like when Fino gets minutes also. Throw in some minutes for J-Max too. I will go on the record right now and say if those two get 15-20 MPG, they will be ready for some nice production perhaps, come playoff time.

Accumulating these precious minutes now could result in some huge returns later in the season from our bench. Keep it up Flip, I know you will, Joe D is watching.............:stirthepot:

20. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Rasheed needs to calm down. I love how he's giving a great effort out there and starting to get the Pistons double digit rebounds and points inside, but if he keeps up this technical thing he will be suspended 3 or 4 times this season.