7:30 pm Oct 16m, Utah at Detroit

Discussion in 'October 2006' started by betoguakil, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

one other thing to note is that they DID drop a bunch of red, white, and blue streamers from the rafters after we won. i guess they had them leftover from last year's playoffs? :/ heh

and thanks micro :O
  2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

nice recap Hog!

I really hope delfino finds some consistency to his shot. he ain't going to get a whole lot of PT with that type of shooting.

And I agree with the PG situation. I like Lindsey a lot but I think with two good open court guys, you need a better distributor. I prefer Lindsey in a set offence. But we have a chance to get out and run with flip, delf and Jmax
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I echo those sentiments. Great job Wart!
  4. final.wrath

final.wrath Banned - Sent to NBDL

is there another preseason game this month...?
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Delfino's shot LOOKS so good, that it is a mystery why he is missing so many. It may be the type of thing that improves as he gets more PT. He needs to get that PT by using what is working right now... which is playing D, fast breaking, and slashing.
  6. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Nice job Hog, I like the point that you made "PG's is a natural talent that you can't teach"
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

8. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Several good points here...
    Sheed focused in the paint puts this team in the elite level... very few PF's can slow him down (Dwight Howard).

Jmax's physical game is indeed what this team needs... I could see him pushing Dice... I don't think we can assume that all of our bigs will stay healthy... Jmax may grab that backup spot and never give it up.

Blalock, I like this kid too... he has some Arroyo flair with better defense.... Arroyo wasn't much of a perimeter shooter either... but anyone that can contribute in the pressing game and can cause havoc inside (assist and drawing fouls) should suceed... not to say that he couldn't benefit by real PT in the D-League to start the season.... I'd rather have a guy that's been playing in case he's needed for injuries.

I didn't have a problem with Delfino shooting 3's... it was within the rhythm of the offense... the shot was open you have to take it... the preseason is the time for working on your weakness... he needs to get confidence from the perimeter if he wants any breathing room going inside.... 100 shots a day is what the shot Doctor is ordering.

Sometimes I thought Ben was out there watching the Brahma move around... he was not playing "too small" ... he was getting up over taller players and beating them to the spots... that's all that matters...
    That dog can hunt.
  9. roscoe36

Nice post Merc. I'd like to chime in on two points.

McDyess and Billups share the same agent AFAIK. I don't see McDyess losing minutes unless he, Nazr or Sheed are injured. There is too much at stake in the Billups negotiations and many of the roster moves the last few years have been ultra "political"

In the offseason, (from what I remember) Mike Bibby shoots 1,000 jumpers a day.

There is another level if a player wants to have a great shot. Zeke would stay up all night shooting in his home gym during the playoffs, one because he couldn't sleep due to nerves, and two, that he was totally driven to be excellent shooting the ball.
  10. final.wrath

final.wrath Banned - Sent to NBDL

wow compliments on the absolute throughness of this board. calenders, chats, lots of smilies, friendly people, a strange obsession with joining the dark side... what more can a pistons fan ask for. and the abreviation/slang definition system. damn. nice job roscoe.

is there even any competition nearing our level when in comes to NBA team fan forums?
  11. roscoe36

A great board starts with great people. Great members.

There might be some competition based on features now, but there won't be in a year.
  12. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

That last part is, er, a very recent development...:laugh:

But yes, PF.com roolz, as we've all realized since whenever it was that we first got here!