5 things you liked against Minnesota

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Oct 17, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

• does it even seem like we were actually down 16-6? I loved the huge comeback to get us up 25-23 at the end of the first, and I really liked our defensive spurt at the end of the 3rd that shut Minnesota down, and got us up 8 points instead of being tied.
    • We got only 20 assists this time, but thats still very good. We only shot 42% this game, but we kept Minnesota to just 37%. Thats all 3 of our opponents under 40% shooting so far.
    • Ronald Dupree showing how good he really is. He played like this in Chicago. He had 13 points on 6-11 shooting, 7 boards, and 2 assists. I switch my mind Dupree is here to stay.
    • Sheed's 15 in 24. He's being very aggresive wait till the regular season where he'll even get more minutes. Also you have to like Delfino's play 9 points, 6 boards, and 3 assists.
    • Did you think I'd forget about Darko? He showed us that he also has an inside game. All his points came off freethrows when he took it the basket. I believed he'd be Nowitzki type of player, but dirk does not take it to the hoop like that. Darko did great 10 points, 5 rebounds, and 6 blocks! He shot 10-12 from the line.
  2. bricalz

bricalz First Round Draft Pick

Minny

1. You gotta love Dupree. Keep him Joe!!!

2. Darko's free throws....it got him 10 points.

3. Detroit giving Flip a victory against his former employers.

4. Defense holding opponents to less than 40% shooting again, if I'm not mistaken

5. Did I mention Dupree?

:eyebrows:
  3. lazyberbs

lazyberbs First Round Draft Pick

My favorites

+ I like the second unit concept and have for a long time. Our second unit is very good now and will be great by later in the season;
    + Dupree belongs here. He is much more likely to help this year and any single one of the rookies so they should be rotated, if possible by the rules, down to the instructional league. If not, I could see Lindsey not being brought back; keep on the shelf until we need him;
    + WallaceX2 - midseason form and wanting it;
    + Each game Darko seems to expand and show a new side. Last night his inside game brought him his points. Oh yes, he can shoot free throws. Blocks just keep building up and did you see how many shots he just plain altered or denied?
    + Two of our players got the night off and we did not even miss them. I wonder if Flip will give guys a game off here and there rather than shrinking minutes for the players actually in the game. Sounds good but I don't know if this is the idea or not.

Things just keep looking better and better. :thumb: :laugh:
  4. bball jay

bball jay Bench Warmer Forum Donor

1. darko. great game didn't shoot well from the field so decided to take it inside. was a beast inside all minny could do was foul him. darko made them pay from the free throw line. he actually got some minutes against kg and wasn't absolutely schooled. kg made a tough shot on darko but darko played him well the posessions after that.

2. dupree. we just can't lose this guy when given a chance he surely shows his worth. if we do lose him i hope it's by trade don't just cut the guy. great hops and a crowd favorite.

3. delfino. he was driving to the hole with ease and passing the ball extremely well. i don't mind us losing acker i want to see delfino at the point some.

4. ben wallace and rip. only throwing lobs. that ben wallace dive to the basket for a lob play is going to be a big part of our offense.

5. sheed showing he is ready for this season. even got a tech too
  5. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Dupree looked outstanding last night, I am going keeper for him, I am going to have to change my mind about Acker, Joe may have to let him go.

Great comeback. It seems as though we can come back at will

Delfino begining to look outstanding, I really love that baby scoop shot that he makes so effortlessly.

Darko, couldn't score outside, he started taking it to the whole strong. He wouldn't dare do that last year, if someone chucked he would duck. Good show Darko.

Sheed & Ben's aggressiveness

The bench is awesome and they can score in bunches

Last but not least Arroyo's shooting and passing is money.
  6. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

1. they won.

2. I never saw the game but all the posts here are great... especially lanierfan. This site rocks!

3. sorry this doesn't have more info about the game.
  7. jdmiser

jdmiser Second Round Draft Pick

5 Things

1. F

2. L

3. I

4. P

5. Saunders

I love not having "pound-for-pound." THANK YOU FOR FIRING HIM!!!!!
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

We just have to keep Dupree man. The one thing that makes us different than other teams is we have character. We're the hardest working, hustling team in the league. Dupree does just that. I was wrong about him I thought he only did good in Chicago because he wasn't around as much talent as our team. He just has to make the cut for this team, not even that a good place in the rotation.
  9. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

I liked Kevin Garnett taking an early seat on the bench and staying there.

I liked that Darko played a good quarter after playing a poor one.

I liked Delfino penetrating the T Wolves defense like Fatty Arbuckle.

I liked Dupree performing under a pressure tougher than playoffs.

I liked Sheed again being the Pistons' best player.
  10. ADM

ADM Second Round Draft Pick

1, 2, 3, 4, and 5- Darko. Remember that mean streak you read about in his scouting report? It's starting to show up.