1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2nd Round Hornets vs Spurs

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 3, 2008.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

What happen to the guy who came in second in the MVP race? No CP3...all Pargo all the time...Paul did not get his team involved at all down the stretch...No experience for the Hornets... Duncan had 5 fouls with 3 mns left and they never gave the ball to West to attack him.....Blame the loss on Scott and Pargo....

Buddha is rolling happilly in his grave as he predicted that the Hornerts would not make it past the second round. :hoops:

2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

I hate that I was right about this. Getting tired of the Spurs, but I can't see rooting for LA.

3. LA Dre

It is still an off/even year for the Spurs, so they are not suppose to win. So either they lose to the Lakers or we take them out in the rematch in June:stirthepot:

I will root for the Spurs as I don't want the two teams that got lucky with the off season and mid season aquisitions to win and be in the finals

4. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Oh God, I just checked the score online. I taped this game so I could watch it if the Dastardly Spurs lost. I really am disconsolate because I have such an aversion to this team and I really hate to see them succeed and I can't stand to see them happy. Truly. I know it sounds severe. But I'm so glad I didn't watch the game live because I just couldn't take seeing them win.

Well, gazoo, I've got to root for the Lakers now. Who I also detest. GO LAKERS. I can't stand them either, but I am so ready for the Dastardly Spurs to be yesterday's newspaper.

My God if they win the championship I'll have to find another sport to follow. Maybe I'll start following the women's game instead. A girl can only take so much.

Never any new blood. Pop and Phil Jackson in the WCF. Who'da thunk it? Yawn.

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

I might actually have to root for the Lake Show now that I think about it because I think Detroit matches up better with LA than San Antonio. Spurs and Pop know how to beat Detroit. Detroit can take LA, I think. 'Course, they gotta beat those pesky C's first, which will be a tall task.

6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I was pulling for Spurs as I want a re-match in the finals.

7. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

POP musta read my negative post about his losing ways. He's coming to meet the Pistons in the Finals. Look for the Spurs to dispatch the Kobe's in 5 games. This time we're ready for his sorry excuse for coaching. See ya in the finals, Pop...

8. max

max All-Star

I knew you would be happy with that win.

I guess I don't really care either way or maybe I expected it.

9. tdfast

tdfast Second Round Draft Pick

I hate the Spurs, they always do that. Why can't somebody just beat them already! Lets go Kobe!!

10. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pretty impressive game from SA. And a breakdown by NO in the last five minutes. Not sure why Pargo seemed to take the last dozen or so shots of the game.

Watch out Lakers.

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Pretty telling.

Both of the remaining teams are the 2 i didn't want to see left in the WC. At this point, i don't know who the hell to root for her.

It's not so much the teams, but both coaches use their bench and make great adjustments. Neither are a preferable match-up for Flippy.

I think we will have to go alot deeper to beat either of team.

Also, Pargo shot them into that game, and then defensively took them out of the game. It was a little funny to watch. But NO just showed their youth under pressure. It didn't help that DW looked very un DW like. That back looked like it wore on him as the game went on.

12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If you don't think Flip Saunders can coach circles around either Phil Jackson or Greg Popovich, then you just don't know basketballs.

13. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Exactly. Any expert on basketballs will tell you Flip has been sandbagging his entire career. Flip can outcoach those guys anytime he wants to.

14. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    He just needs to flip that switch.

15. LA Dre

I know Pargo scored 18 points, but he was controlling the show in the end and took 10 shots in the last 5 minutes and had 1 assist. CP who had 14 assists for the whole game only had 2 down the stretch as Pargo wouldn't give it up. I know they were struggling out there and Pargo may have got them close, but in the last 2 mins I would have put the ball back in CP3's hand to create and find the open man.

Yep now you know why Kobe won the MVP. He had the ball in his hands in the close games with jazz and LaBron was controlling the game in the end of the series with the Celtics. Letting Pargo control seem odd to me, but both CP and Scott allowed it???

16. Syg

Syg First Round Draft Pick

At least, league's MVP has gone further this time that past season, Dirk Lolwitzki, what a joke.

Go Manu! You're the real Spurs MVP. The San Antonio's Police Department is still searching for Tim Duncan, who is currently dissapeared since 1st game against Suns. And also searching for the skills the last finals MVP forgot somewhere. You've to keep playing this way Manu! (but stop it against Detroit .__.).