2nd Round Game 4 - At Chicago May 13 3:30PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 6, 2007.

1. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Well, Ben's percentage was in the 20s last year during the playoffs. Skiles can keep him out there because he's hitting them. That's the difference, not the coach.

Besides, Skiles doesn't have any other options and he still has pulled him plenty of times in late game situations throughout the year.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

3. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Merc recap...

Hinrich needs to break out the check book and buy mama some new dentures.

Next

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

didn't watch much of this game but a comment from my uncle: "it's obvious." i asked what was. "they're throwing this game on purpose." not that i believed they did, or subscribe to my dad's theory of "bill davidson wants more $ and told them to lose", but still.

simply put, we played LAZY. sheed takes TWELVE 3-pointers? and only makes two? we didn't try hard to box out ben, and webber was completely absent. either way, i don't see it as a bad loss, because you could tell the pistons' heads were getting a little too big, and they were looking ahead. back to the palace tuesday, and they're not going to let it slip away this time.

5. linwood

linwood All-Star

I watched the game with some friends at the local bar. They didn't have the sound on, so I was trying to guess who the big toothless woman was that they kept showing.

:pound:

6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Post game pressers.

Tay looked and sounded like he was stoned. But I really liked his suit.

[​IMG]

Scott "Generous Offer" Skiles

Flip "Hack-somebody" Saunders

Kirk "Poster Boy" Hinrich

Tayshaun "Dazed and Confused" Prince

Attached Files:

7. detroitsfynest

detroitsfynest First Round Draft Pick

Looks like kirk covered his eyes before he got dunked on

8. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

9. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

10. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Here was my post during the chat:

LOL
    @ my thoughts
    Nice Interview, Kirk

everyone in my house was carcking up. And who was the guy next to her?

Give her a Mother's day break...:pound:

11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

On the backup PG thing... what the person on the forum protection list may want to consider is that these guys are playing minor minutes... I would hope that the positive plays would also be mentioned (instead of just the bad X10)... I saw a steal by Hunter leading to a Flip facial on Hinney...... I saw some nice inside drives and kick-outs (or score) by Murray.... sure nuff they weren't very good tonight... but besides Prince who was?
    Balanced opinions will always be respected more.
    It sure looked like the starters gave up most of the points differential before the reserves got in.... but then again it could be that "Pistons only leg fatigue syndrome".

12. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We just didn't play it like a playoff game. Hard to stay with the petal to the metal when up 3-0.

Tuesday we should see a return to playoff basketball.

13. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

More games = more risk of injuries.
    Has ne1 noticed the beating that Lebron is taking in the NJ series?... Carter also.

14. max

max All-Star

Can you blame Riley/Saunders for using Hack-Ben considering how highly effective it was last year? In this game it snuffed out a nice Piston rally. Down by 7 with 2.4 to go we probably would have lost anyway. So I would not focus on that as the main reason why we lost.

I had almost forgotten what a 7-game series feels like. At least its not the 04 2nd round where we were 2-2 at this point with a pending loss in game 5 to follow. This year game #5 is an elimination game.

With all the things the Bulls were doing right and all the things the Pistons were doing wrong the Pistons were still in it. Cut the gap by 12 to almost steal this one. If the Pistons had made more FT's or if just 2 of those many misses had went in then it would be a different story right now.

Well, The new Pistons had just swept their 1st series against Orlando and it did not happen this time. Thats just the way it goes.

15. Play On Players

Play On Players First Round Draft Pick

I don't think fouling Ben led to the Pistons loss but I hate the hack-a-Shaq strategy. I didn't notice 'Dyess fouling Ben until the commentators pointed it out and I just let out a big sigh. I would have preferred Detroit play good defense. Oh, well...

Definitely the best play of the game was Flurray's dunk over Hinrich and then staring him down like he was the %%%%. lol Oh, Flurray...

Loved Maxiell's play, too. And Tay had a solid game, as usual. I can't believe 'Sheed took 12 3's! One player taking double digit 3's is too much unless you're hitting a lot of them early. Which...he...didn't...

Remember the poll that was posted prior to this series about which player/coach would be the first to be ejected? Huh. Only 2 techs through the first 4 games. We had more than that in the first half of Game 3 of the Orlando series! Kinda crazy...

16. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

I don't understand your reasoning about this. It was perfectly understandable and actually quite accurate:

• Detroit is usually very loose.
    • Detroit play weak and without intensity.
    • They did not have a strong finish.
    • The announcer was asking simplistic questions and notice his last comment.

17. pass99

Why? Everyone should know the odds are in your favor putting ben on any foul line.

18. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Missed the first half as the TV at the mothers day brunch restaurant was to far away to figure what was going on. Did get back to a real TV to see half the third and the feverish comeback in the 4th.

I think they were down 7 with 3:20 to go before that unchallenged Gordon three ball put the Bulls up 10, and Flip panicked and went into a totally un-necessary hack-a-ben mode. I think they could have trimmed that 10 pt lead back to possible one possession game with a minute left if they had stuck to the plan and continued to attack inside and send someone to the FT line for some and 1 possibilities. Also they panicked with the three ball>throwing those up to early and to often. In fact, if they had concentrated in the paint unstead of hoisting up 25 three balls, they may have won the game. Somebody tell me why Sheed took four 2 point basket attempts and twelve 3 pointers?? Did he do anything in the paint or did Ben intimidate him. Did Cwebb miss the plane to Chicago? Hopefully he is back at the palace practicing his jumper (IN THE PAINT). Brotha needs to be play the post and contain. zero points two games in row??? That hasn't happen since his first two games at Country Day High!!

The three ball and lack of defense defending the three is the the reason why the Warriors are one game away from going fishing :focus:

Like I said, I mssed the first half and will have to review the Tivo or NBA TV, or ESPN at midnight, but how much did the foul trouble affect the Rip and CB's play? Looks to me that the Bulls hit the shots they needed and they beat us in the paint by 16. I think as Deng, Gordon and Heinrich played the like they were supposed to, so give them some credit there.

Looks like the Pistons were going through the motions and thought they could turn it on in the 4th but came up short. Hopefully game one's intensity on both the offensive and defensive end will return on Tuesday and they can rest up for the next opponent.

19. pass99

A very telling ending for the bulls. Up by 20+ and they barely hung on. Ben Gordon's three when Detroit had it under 10 in the fourth was the killer blow.

The bulls may be young and talented, but it looks like they have some serious leadership voids. With game in hand, they continuously choked and every player (except for Ben) had an even hand in it.

I've got a feeling that this is probably going to be the last lousy game the pistons show in the playoffs.

20. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

After seeing what he did against Miami, and considering the fact that we didn't use that tactic at all to cut the 24 point lead to 7 in such a short period of time. It just felt like bad timing. You use hack-a-ben when you can't stop their offense, or when the momentum is going the other way. We had momentum on our side, and that killed it. Stopped the flow of the game and put the game out of reach.