2nd Round Game 3 - At Chicago May 10 9PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 6, 2007.

1. max

max All-Star

Yes Dyess was so hot in the last weeks of reg season. At least he is rebounding though.
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dice is definitely helping out on the boards, he just needs to space himself differently on the floor to be closer to the hoop when he receives the pass. He shoots from wherever he receives it. If the CB is directing trafic, then he needs to tell him where to station himself. (within his comfort range)

When Hunter is out there he needs to do the same if he can stop dribbling long enough to do so..:)
  3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

If we keep playing like this, and Dyess returns to his regular season self, then we will be truly unbeatable for anyone, even the Spurs.

I hope he's not nervous.
  4. Wall of Aces

Wall of Aces Second Round Draft Pick

that Chicago radio link is hilarious
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Thanks for the props on the recap. On Murray, playing the position and doing any good are two different things. Remember the verdict during Billups injury about our backup point guard play? Murray was not cutting it. Indeed, Murray got pulled 100% from the rotation. Blalock got some of the blame, but in my opinion, unfairly. The only time this season Murray functioned ok as our backup point was that West coast trip where we won five straight. Hunter was suspended and Blalock was out of the rotation. Unfortunately, even though any five games won on a West coast trip is impressive, the fact is the teams we played on that trip were not that great for the most part. For the vast majority of the time this season, Murry has been unable to run the offense, a liability on defense, a poor shot selector. The fact remains that this effort to make a point guard out of Murray is a unique time in his career, college or pro. He is just not a point guard.
  6. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I had a feeling that the Pistons could come back and would come back because the Bulls were not hot in the first half. The Pistons were ice cold. I think it is much easier for the Pistons to comeback from that situation.

I thought that the Pistons would be so concerned about their offense going into halftime (28 points) that they would not be ready defensively and the Bulls would win the game through offense. Good job by the coaches to not allow that.
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I thik Mcdyess is really affected by his personal stuff. He's so sensitive, i wouldn't be suprised if it carries over into his game. That being said he's played well even though he's not scoring.

Webber scares me. He dissappears when someone gets physical w/ him, and when he has a bad game, he has a BAD game. Luckily we have Dyess.
  8. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Good thing is it's not about him anymore. He does not have the pressure of being a great player anymore. When he struggles his teammates can carry the load, and he can carry the load when other Pistons struggle.

Webber is still good. He was once a top 5 player. That doesn't just go away.
  9. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Did anyone see Skiles post game interview? He was asked, was Detroit`s zone a problem?

He got a little salty, and replied, "is that what the rumors are now? That their zone is stopping us.......is that what`s being said?" Then there was a few seconds of awkward silence.......Finally Skiles answered and said, " I don`t buy their zone is shutting us down. We got open looks we just didn`t knock them down. It`s not like we aren`t getting open shots or something".

Ok, Scotty, but what about the 10 blocks and 7 steals?? You think that may have something to do with the zone???

Poor Scotty, the guy is in denial, he isn`t giving the Pistons any credit whatsoever. Doesn`t that sound familiar??
  10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

he can't admit it.
  11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Sounds to me more like one of those external / internal motivation things. He's got to find a way to get his team's heads back in the game and he's chosen to make it about them just missing shots (which they've done before, and will do again) rather than being about them facing some Kobayashi Maru defense that no man has beaten before.
  12. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Star Wars marathon Saturday. All 6 episodes again. So i'm watchinnnn????:obiwan: :darthvader: :deathstar1: :starwars: :laser: :yo: BTW, Great day planned for Sunday...
  13. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

True Det but I do believe I was the first to make tha prediction, I think Ros needs to pull up the chat to verify. Although I do remember you adding your support to the prediction. Really it doesnt matter we got the victory and Detroit showed their dominance. As Carlilse once said "Detroit displays a different level of force."