1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2nd Round Game 3 - At Chicago May 10 9PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 6, 2007.

1. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

Another hype team put away by the real quality. Talk about a team that is overmatched. Where do the Bulls have an edge in any category?

Our big four were monstrous again. Not worried about Webber. Dyss is putting to much pressure on himself--he wants that ring so bad--he is missing easy looks.

Not happy with the Hunter minutes. Give Murray a try.

Lets see more Maxiel.

Our team is ready for the finals. Lets hope Stern understands the situation--and not unlesh the refs to aid Le Bron. Glad Stern was at the game. This team is looking more and more like a championship team.

Only the Pistons can give Stern a good finals.

2. max

max All-Star

I don't know it it was Chic folding or the Pistons D. Combination of both.

Pistons win. Pistons came back from the dead to take this game on the road. Be happy with it. I am ecstatic.

Getting to the point where if its a close game going into crunch time - you know the Pistons are going to win.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well said Lee...we debated this in the chat room tonight. There was a good, bad, ugly about this. We already know what the ugly was ...the whole second qtr for the Pistons. The Bad was that Hunter stayed in too long (5.5 minutes) and it darn near led to a certain loss. The Good, Flip did not let Hunter see the court anymore and we were able to steal this victory back from the Bulls. Yey!!:)

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I agree about playing Murray instead. can't hurt.

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Deng is the Bulls best scorer. Tayshaun is the leading scorer for the series though. All the Bulls get is an occasional Ben outplaying Webber, but Ben has not had a great game this series though. When Ben outplays Webber, Webber has a bad game.

6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

No. Flip Murray has not played point guard since high school. He is not the answer. There are three choices. Blalock, Delfino, or Prince. Flip had better pick one and go with it. My choice would be Blalock, with Delfino at shooting guard, Amir Johnson at small forward. (Which allows you to use Dale Davis and Jason Maxiell together for the 4th and 5th guys. Dyess should be taking most of Webber's minutes with the starters in this last game vs. Chicago.)

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Good recap lee. Thank you.

Flip Murray played PG for us this year. He's not terrible at it in short minutes. In fact, Murray played a lot more PG for us than Blalock did in the NBDL.

8. max

max All-Star

IN all honesty someone forgot to turn on the lights until the 3rd quarter so we can't put it all on Hunter.

No one was complaining when Hunter had those 4 steals the game before.

9. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

i think everyone's done a good job of covering this game so far... a couple of points that struck me:

1. starter minutes were high, for possibly obvious reasons. i know it's just one game and it was a key one to get, but does anybody think that was a problem? or will be a problem?

2.pistons -- i think -- had zero turnovers in the 2nd half (8 for the game). it was good to see the pistons going back to taking care of the ball (perhaps related to my impression that individuals were hanging onto the ball less in the second half, and quicker to move it around, something i believe i heard flip mention to the team at half time, so credit him in part).

3.the zone...i'm not sure why we didn't use it more in the first half. i was thinking it might be that we go to it after made baskets and we didn't have many of those in the 1st half. but still, it seemed to obvious to me that they were easily breaking down our man to man and that the zone was more effective and i wasn't sure why we didn't use it more in the first half.

10. detteam

detteam All-Star

I confess. I didn't watch a single minute of the Bulls/Heat series. So after these last 3 games I'm asking myself "Self...how did the Bulls take 4 straight from Miami?"

LOL The bandwagon azz cats bailed from chat at halftime and I told those remaining that they'd all come swarming back when we go it to 6...a prophecy fulfilled! :pound:

11. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

I think your prophesy was not fulfilled, at least not in my case, because...I didn't come back until they got it down to 4. :laugh:

12. linwood

linwood All-Star

I agree. Plus, Hunter wasn't the only guy missing all his jumpshots in the first half. The team scored 28 freaking points, and Hunter only played for 5 minutes out of 24. I'm not saying he played well, but I think you could put a little more blame on Chicago's focus and excellent D.

13. TwYcH

TwYcH First Round Draft Pick

I ran a mile last night, and did some ab work. When I got home we were down 19, and by the time I had my protein shake and got a shower, we were down by 4..... Great to see how well we picked up in the second half!

14. linwood

linwood All-Star

The comeback was a beautiful thing to watch. It all started with the Stones clamping down on defense, and Tayshaun taking it inside.

Good to hear your keeping yourself in shape.

15. Slippy

I really don't think minutes are an issue anymore. when we gripe about minutes, its over the 82 game grind. What is more important than 44 minutes a game is letting this series slide to 7 games. They have ample time to rest.
    Development time is over. This is what we are bringing to the table. While the bench wasn't spectacular, they proved their worth in game 2 when sheed and webber got into foul trouble.

16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Good point Slippy. Took you long enough though.

17. professor

professor Bench Warmer Forum Donor

yup. i totally agree. and figured that was probably flip's thinking as well: that pullling out game 3 and going up 3-0 would go a disproportionately long way toward shortening this series.

18. Slippy

Implementing "Darth-Out":gun1: :pound:

19. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

The Bulls' execution in Q4 nearly got Skile a heart stroke while I had nearly got one by the way Pistons play at 1 st half. Did Pistons brrow the strategy from Russia of years 1812 ? :)

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just want to point out how incredibly well our starters have been shooting the ball and how most of our bench has been horrendous so far in that department-

eFG% leaders in the post season-

THE ELITE
    1) JMax- .667
    2) CWebb- .640
    3) Mr. BS- .587
    T3) Sheed- .587
    5) Fresh Prince- .559

THE AVERAGE
    6) Delfino- .457
    7) Rip- .451

THE CLUNKERS
    8) Antonio McBrick- .289
    9) Bricksey Hunter- .188
    10) Ronald "brick" Murray- .143

We have played 2 pretty good defensive teams in ORL and CHI and we are basically shooting lights out. Maxiell has 50% of his points in the paints, Webber has 72%, and Tay has 32%. CB and Sheed are just killing em from the 3-point line.

Obviously, the biggest dissapointment so far on offense is McDyess. His shots were affected in the first series by the Magic, but now that he has open J's against the Bulls, his shot is just off. Mostly short. Lindsey and Murray are just cold. Luckily, they aren't getting a lot of PT.