2nd Round Game 3 - At Chicago May 10 9PM

Discussion in '2007 Playoffs' started by max, May 6, 2007.

1. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Can't believe what I just saw. After the 1st half I was depressed. The zone defense and ball movement in the 2nd really had the Bulls stunned. The Pistons just ripped their heart out with this unexpected, gutsy win. The Bulls know that can't compete with this team when they decide to turn it on and ball.
  2. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

#@$% THEM!!!:pound: Skiles said Duhon out was DNP-CD!...He's lost it! We took It!!
  3. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
  4. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Someone just asked Skiles if Ben being late to the game affected them...WTF? Did that reporter even bother to watch the first half of the game?
  5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

WOW, what a tale of 2 halves. Twenty eight points in the first half?? Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?!

The Pistons completely turned it around in the 2nd and Chicago completely folded.

I love the aggressive Tay. Can we keep him? The play of the game for me was the head fake of Nocioni on the wing and then hard drive to the basket for the slam and 1.
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

I wonder how many playoff games have been won by the team that scored 28 points in the first half?

Bulls came out focused and aggressive, and definitely took the Pistons out of the game. The jump shots weren't falling, so faced with an intimidating Bulls defense the Pistons... took more jumpshots. I think the comeback really started when Tayshaun started to go inside. I give my gameball to Mr. Prince.

Excellent effort all around, the Bulls played very well, but in the end just couldn't overcome their youth and inexperience.
  7. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I got that quote from an Eddie Murphy line in Trading Places when his party friends trashed his house. The butler asked "what about your friends?".....BTW, 670thescore.com outta Chitown will be priceless web radio the next 48 hrs!:pound: :pound: :pound:
  8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Like I always tell my wife "NOBODY HAS EVERRR," come back from a 3-0 deficit in the NBA playoffs. :MusicBigGrin: I just told her again and she finished my sentence:)

Pistons only scored 28 points in the first half and darn near held the Bulls to 27 in the second half before the Bulls get a consolation and 1 to finish with 30 in the second half.

The question was what was said in the halftime lockeroom and can they bottle the words for the rest of the post season!!! Not sure if it is time to get the brooms out, but if the Pistons are within 5 points of the lead at halftime Sunday, then the Pistons need to pull out the brooms, mops, vacuum, Mr Clean or whatever. Either way, we win game 5 at soon to be Six Championship Drive

Prince led the charge in the 3rd qtr to get the Pistons back in after Hunter's 2nd qrtr led offense stalled and provided the Bulls with a "we feel good cause we got the lead kinda feelin"

Still only 5 points off the bench, but Dice grabbed 9 boards and Max got 2 points and 2 BLOCKS in 2 mins. Cwebb???oh well.. 10-11 shooting in game 2, 0-5 in game 3 ????

FT shooting?? Still gettin rooked there, but overcoming it. The got 60 boards, but a lot of offensive ones due to the misses.

Tyrus Thomas came out with a slam 10 seconds after he came in to provide some spark, but not enough for Skiles to put him in there in the second half.

We hit some timely threes, but 21 was to many to attempt. The main thing is, the Pistons didn't give up when some of our Chat folks did:sssh: The Bulls probably thought that the Pistons would fold the tent, but Sheeds three at the end of the third qtr was the the dagger that was about to happen. We almost ran out of gas at the end, but so did the Bulls:cold:

OK Pistons, win Sundays game for the Mothers and lets get ready for the Cavs!!!!
  9. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

They were solid in the first half, but the second...yeesh. They were -15 in the 3rd quarter and -8 in the 4th. That was a case of them being mediocre in the 3rd while the Pistons were great, but the Bulls were so bad in the 4th I could hardly believe it.
  10. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

But how do you know that the positive mojo from my bandwagon bailout wasn't the key to the victory? :lie:
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

That's the part I'm going to call inexperience. There was one Bulls possession where they took (and missed) about 7 bad shots in a row. They were desperate, rattled, and playing horrible street ball. I don't think they will do that next year.

HQ: Thanks for the radio link. Good stuff man.
  12. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Flip's halftime speech, "Pull this one out, and its free Flip Avatars for everybody". :pound: :pound: :pound:
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

wELCOME..WOOD if u get a chance , listen to Mike North morning show. He's gonna pound the Bulls. The afternoon guys are funny too....I wish I was on the west coast, cuz I am SOOO wide awake! Is Star Wars on?
  14. linwood

linwood All-Star

They switched over to syndicated radio a few minutes back, but the Bulls fans were brutal! It was pretty funny!
  15. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

No but Phat Girlz is on Cinemax:pound:
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Now I wish I had Cinemax.
    :)
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

We have a very good team.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Hail to the Switch :hail: [​IMG]:sweeping:
  19. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Well, the fat lady ain't sang yet, but she's warming up, and you can definitely hear a tune forming. No team has ever come back from down 3-0. Technically, not over. Realistically though, just a little matter of some mop up action on a Sunday afternoon.

Biggest improvement this year over last? Absolutely Tay's outside shooting. It is gone to the outstanding level at the end of this season and into the playoffs. Tay was content to let others take their shots, until we really needed him to step up. He responded with a 13 point 3rd while CB chipped in 10 that quarter, and the Pistons erased 15 points of the 16 point Chicago halftime lead. Tay scored outside, and when played for that, he came inside well. Tay just has it going on on offense. Did I mention he is one heck of a defensive player too? Deng scored on a very difficult shot over Tay early in this game, but you knew if Chicago had to rely on shots like that, they were going to lose. Chicago shot just under 34% in this game, and are at 33. something for the series. Detroit just simply wins all the matchups.

Sheed was stead as rain from around about 10 to 15 feet out. Not quite in the paint scoring, but it was in close scoring. Just shooting over everybody. Awesome. Gave me goose bumps every time another one went in. And he hit that 3 to end the 3rd to cap off the comeback. Wow, and what D Sheed played.

Webber did not do much at all in this one. It was pretty clear he needed to come out of the game. With him gettting virtually no inside scoring for us (he did get inside a couple of times) and not even hitting his outside shots, his sub par defense was hurting us. Dyess came on and played some pretty good D, although the refs were loving ot pick on him, and some good rebounding.

Maxiell barely played, but he did get in for a couple of key minutes in the 4th quarter. That little burst of energy he provided helped, as did his dunk to give us the lead.

Flip Murray got in just for a few minutes to start the 4th quarter, just enough time to give Rip a slight breather, and not enough time for Chicago to exploit him being lost on defensive rotations.

Hunter pretty much killed our 2nd quarter. His total lack of point guard play disrupted our offense so bad, we could not recover even after he left. The result was a ten point quarter. We do not have a backup point. Fortunately, Billups got into no foul trouble and was able to play the entire 2nd half. Not having a backup point is bad. It won't matter in the next series, but it might hurt us in the NBA finals a couple of weeks down the road. The time is now to do something about it. Continuing to run Hunter and Murray out there is not good.

Delfino did very little. He can't guard Deng. He missed his only shot, only playing for 8 minutes in the first half.

Chicago pretty much choked in the 2nd half. Hinrich had enough guts to take a shot or two at least, but he was shaking in his shoes none the less.

Chicago took Ben Wallace out of the game to start the 4th, desperate to find some offense. But did I mention we overmatch Chicago at all positions? There was no offense to be found.

Its so easy to forget Rip's contributions. His stead shot was the only thing going in for us at times in the first half. Good job Rip, surely an unsung hero in this one.

Great floor game by CB in the 2nd half. Just one turnover for the team in the 2nd half. And between him running things so well, and Sheed thankfully not settling for threes, Billups brought us all the way back and then some. We had a 29 point swing at one point in the 2nd half.

I hate to have to harp on this so much, but we have no bench. We have bench players, but no functional bench. People ask me how Flip is doing. He is doing some things well, but he has not developed a bench regardless of the hype to the contrary. Still time to take care of this. GO PISTONS!!!!!
  20. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The best post in years, possibly in the history of the Internet.