1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

2nd Round Boston vs Cleveland

Discussion in '2008 Playoffs' started by max, May 4, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yea, i re-read it and realized how that came out :)

2. max

max All-Star

I am not getting it. Usually the subltle unentended pun things go right over my head but I don't see anything in that.

I kind of felt the same way too. Maybe thats why. Root for whoever is behind at the moment.

3. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

You must have become a Piston fan when they wore the TEAL. :pound:

4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

so..... its not the type of basketball that the media doen't like... its the teams.... replace either team with detroit and you'd hear how this wasn't basketball and how detroit is ruining the game.

Hell, Doc in his post game called the game beautiful..... :pound::pound::stirthepot:

And I don't think it was the defense played on James.... he didn't dunk he was trying to do his MJ impersonation when he went to the basket and do a reverse double flip shot...... DUNK THE BALL.... and when your shot isn't falling James.... DON"T TAKE 3's, 0-6 on 3's and 2-18 overall? James should rarely take 3's... thats not his game. and I honestly give Boston maybe 50 percent of the credit the rest was James's fault...

Allen is getting older by the possession, though was the first time I have seen Garrnett step up in cluth time and did it over and over (this playoffs)

5. DirtyMoney

DirtyMoney First Round Draft Pick

Hopefully the will take this series to a game 7. Both teams looked horrible. i would be afraid if i was the celts.

6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I didn't watch the game, but it was enough just taking a peak at the final score to figure out that it was a struggle. I have to agree that if it was Detroit, we'd be hearing about how Detroit is ruining the game. I think the next move would be to take the shot clock down to 15 seconds to speed things up.

7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think he was talking about the assinineness (is that a word?) and the futility of it (at least thats what i thought).

8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I thought he was saying it should be "whomever", or "whichever team".

9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I just thought it was funny because it seemed paradoxical to me. Kind of like as soon as the team that you are rooting for (the worse team at the moment) does something good, like make a basket, then at that moment, the other team becomes the worse team for the moment and at that point in time, you've got to instantly root for them instead. So yes, it would be a lesson in futility. :pound:

Anyhow, my comment certainly wasn't worthy of this much analysis or discussion...which is actually quite typical of just about anything I say.:MusicBigGrin: I always enjoy the stuff you write lpgrl. Keep up the good work...

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Although we are only at halftime of the second game, So far Sam ET Cassell is the difference in the series. 13 points in game 1, most coming in the second half and now 9 points off the bench in the first half of game 2 to get the his team off the snide

[​IMG]

11. max

max All-Star

I never knew you were so well read. With 4,500 posts I guess so..

12. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Yea it would be sorta funny if someone was watching me to do it. I would sit there and i'd be like BOS sucks; so mentally untough, Go BOS!, then they would have this great defensive sequence and i'd be like Wow, their defense is better than ours, Go CLE!

At the end when it was tied, i wasn't sure exactly what to do LOL.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

They need to punish him on defense, and that picture scared the hell out of me. :pound:

14. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Would you prefer one of these?

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Thanks. Just what i needed. :pound:

That last one is great!

16. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Ben Wallace thing was pretty scary. To see a player stagger like that and then collapse on the bench... The only thing I could think about was Reggie Lewis.

Here's hoping it really was some allergic reaction and not something more serious.

17. detteam

detteam All-Star

ESPN - Cavs' Wallace blames allergies for his departure from Game 2 - NBA
    Kind of silly. Massachusetts bars people from smoking in public areas, yet they allow fireworks to be set off in a closed arena full of people...duh?

18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:

Have you seen any of the Boston games? It takes about half of the first quarter for the smoke from the fireworks to dissipate enough for the cameras to see the court clearly.

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Apparently he also has a viral ear infection and is doubtful in Game 3. Sucks for the Cavs. This is the one series they really needed him for.

And totally off-topic, but the Mavs hired RC, and the Dallas fans are calling him Ivory Johnson. :pound:

20. max

max All-Star

Thats going to be very interesting. Very interesting hiring a half court defensive coach for a running offensive team. It can either really work out for them or blow up in their faces.

I hate fireworks inside. Pistons used to do that and now they have that big flame thing that I worry will topple over and torch people in the 1st row. Why can't they just stick with a simple and safe light show.