1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home 2016 NBA Playoffs Schedule (1st Round)

Discussion in '2016 Playoffs' started by LA Dre, Apr 14, 2016.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Yes, why study history when we can find out next year that D-Mo has cancer or he gets caught murdering his GF. We don't call basketball games in the first 24 minutes.

Too many unknown unknowns to interpret "history" as it is unfolding.

If you want to look at the D-Mo non-deal in a few years, that may be instructive but today, I don't believe we can derive much from it. YMMV.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Pacers @ Raptors Game 5

Big 23-2 run by the Raptors who first tied it and sprinted ahead in the 4th before it went down to whomever would hit the last shot. Well the pacers had the last shot, but a three ball attempt by Solomon Hill stayed in his hands for one tenth of a second too long and the possibility of the game going into OT was all for naught for the shell shocked Pacers who led by 17 approaching the end of 3, only to see the Raptor scrubs design the big run.
    Paul George scored 39 points including 15 in the third, but it just wasn't enough...

Final score Raptors 102-Pacers 99

roscoe36 and max like this.
  3. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The Collider just fell apart at a critical time in this game. He shot 1-for-10, had a couple of huge turnovers, went 0-for-2 free throws, and got beat on defense. Dude killed the Pacers chances.

linwood and roscoe36 like this.
  4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Stuckey was turrible. On those bricked free throws he looked like he was defeated before he shot them.

roscoe36 likes this.
  5. max

max All-Star

That was a pretty cool comeback. Stuckey has been struggling all series.

roscoe36 likes this.
  6. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Toronto - Miami

Game 7

First, I thought no way Miami would ever get past Charlotte. Batum being injured though helped them there. But against Toronto, again, no way. And I think if Toronto had not played Scola in game 5, Toronto would have had this all done in five.

(Well, I do not see that anyone is writing up playoff games. I guess here is as good a place as any.) Feel free to create a general playoff game thread - I did not see one when I checked anyway.)

Kudos to both Lowry and DeRozan for coming up big in a huge game.

I have followed Lowry since Memphis, always have liked his game. DeRozan worked on extending his range out to the three line all season. It paid off in this game.

Something had to go wrong with Miami's concept of zero experience mixed with players barely still moving for being so old. Deng finally fell down to earth, though Wade and Joe Johnson did pretty well to the end. If Winslow had a bit of confidence on shooting his open 3's, it would have really helped Miami in this one.

Toronto has never, ever, been any worse a team with Valanciunas injured. Biyombo can play.

Carroll was never healthy during the season. Right time to show up. Kudos to Ross for adding some scoring punch. Should be a good series coming up against Cleveland. I will try to keep up with the games and write them up not too long after they are played. So far, I have always been 2 to 3 days behind, as I do not exercise while watching the playoffs, so I simply can not stay awake to watch a whole lot at a time.

OKC, one of the teams I root for, though never very strongly, is still in it. Waiters is the player on that team I have been following from the start of his career. Great to see him have good games.

Toronto was my fifth favorite team this season. Cleveland in there toward last of the fifteen teams I cheered for. Of course, I will be totally cheering for Toronto next series.

roscoe36 and linwood like this.
  7. linwood

linwood All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Thanks Lee, I appreciate the writeups. I am very interested in the playoffs, but don't get as many opportunities to watch the Eastern Conference out here on the West Coast.

roscoe36 likes this.