1. Summer League Starts SATURDAY July 1 More info HERE.

Dismiss Notice
  2. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

Home 2016 NBA Playoffs Schedule (1st Round)

Discussion in '2016 Playoffs' started by LA Dre, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Portland - Clips game 2

Kudos to Crawford for getting his 3rd 6th man award. He continued to shine in this game. Reddick started out hot, got ahead a bit. Portland clawed back, got it close in the 4th, or was it late 3rd. Whichever. Just not enough though. Hmm, actually I think it was about the 8 minute mark when Rivers dribbled out the clock at the top and just nailed a 3. Kind of thought that would do it. It did.

Griffin is not making much of a difference really. He did get a lot of bounds. Jordan is looking better at the line, a lot of his misses just missing. Not a lot of difference in the results, yet you can tell Jordan is quite a bit better in his progress vs. Dre in finding his free throw stroke.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

San Antonio - Memphis

No real comment. Only thing SA is fighting, same as me. Sleep. Puts SA asleep playing this totally injury racked team, and puts me asleep trying to watch the games. No, I am not exercising while watching the playoff games, except just a tad to stay loose between tennis. So if the game is really boring, I just watch a bit here and there. Finally just caught up watching them all, as so many have been pretty boring, lopsided games.

3. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Houston - Golden State game 2

No, I really do not believe, even without Curry, that GS is beatable by Houston. But I still root for Houston, especially for Smith. And Howard and Ariza, two players I have followed since they played for Orlando once upon a time. Ariza threeza's are too rare of late. Smith hit 3 in the first half of this one. Howard does as well as the guard play that feeds him the ball inside.

GS has guys like AI, Livingston, Green, who though may not have the fame of Curry, certainly can play well enough to win games without him. Heck, just with AI and Green, thats enough ball handling ability you do not otherwise even need a point guard for the offense.

4. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Miami - Charlotte game 2

Before this series started, I truly did not think Miami could win the series. I still do not, though my mind is slowly getting changed on the subject. Wade and Deng continue to play like it was 5 years ago. Whiteside, well, missed like one shot of his first 8, right? Richardson continues to impress a ton, and Winslow is getting his act together, in the playoffs. Oh, and Joe Johnson can still play. And they got Dragic. A pretty much fully healthy squad for Miami, other than Bosh. (who I am not so sure they need if Whiteside can score this well and provide the great shot blocking.)

Lets see how Miami does on the road in this series before counting the Hornets out. PS, Jefferson socred like 14 straight at one point for Charlotte. It was a much better effort for Charlotte vs. first game. One guy who is really not performing for the Hornets is Marvin Williams, which is quite a surprise to me. Apparently, Deng can still play some seriously good D.

5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

GS is deep, but they are an entirely different team without Curry. The only thing that can stop Houston from winning game #3 is.....well, it's Josh Smith.

The Panda, roscoe36 and junior like this.
  6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Houston-Golden State - Game 3

Well an 8th seed got a win as the Rockets held on to a one point win despite giving up the lead with just 10 seconds left in the game. Harden got it back with 2 seconds left on the clock and the Rockets held on to win. The Warriors close the game on a 13-7 run......but it wasn't enough ......losing by a point with Curry...who will play for certain in game 4....

7. LA Dre

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

9. LA Dre

Only someone one who lived in Utah in 1998 would recall the name Bryon Russell.....guess that was you CJ :)

10. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Or just anyone who lived in Utah anytime after 1998...long memories there. :)

roscoe36 likes this.
  11. LA Dre

Clippers at Trailblazers...

Sit or Play DeAndre? I didn't log into the Clipper fansite tonight, but I don't think they questioned it...they want him in there no matter how bad he shoots free throws and tonight it caught up with them as De Andre Jordan missed 5 straight FT's in the last 2.5 minutes. None were via the hack a DJ...he just was trying to shoot and rebound and got caught touching the ball. The Clips had a chance to first extend the lead and or tie and go ahead at least three times on the missed FT's. On the final missed opportunity, the Blazers went ahead and continued to extend their lead on points in the paint, while the Clippers resorted to three point shooting missing the last 90 seconds.

The Clippers led 85-81 with just less than 4 minutes left in the game.
    A missed 3??? by Blake,
    a missed jumper by CP3
    2 missed FT by Jordan,
    a missed 3 by Reddick,
    2 more missed FT by Jordan,
    another missed 3 by Reddick,
    a missed FT and made FT by Jordan
    a missed 3 by CP3,
    a blocked lay up on CP3
    and finally a layup by J Crawsoverford
    Meanwhile the Blazers started the run with a 3 by most improved player CJ MC
    and everything else was in the paint or af the FT linse.
    In the end the Blazers outscored the Clippers 15-3 over the last 4 minutes to take the win 96-88.

CJ and Baby Damian, scored 59 points and the Clippers hit a season low 3 from deep. When JJ scores less than 10...they normally struggle to win and he was a terrible 2-10 tonight for only 5 points.

So far the Clips Jeff Green has been a bigger bust in the playoffs than Tobias Harris averaging only 5 points in the three games. Paul Pierce who was obtained to be a playoff veteran extra has played less than 10 minutes in the series.

Reminds me of the end of game 3 between the Pistons and Cavs....and the Clippers last three playoff games last season where the it was all jumpers/misses and no points in the paint.

Three home teams won tonight...Blazers, Hornets and Pacers. That leaves only the Pistons and Grizzlies as the only teams that are in position to get swept.....and the Grizz are suffering from an undermanned team.

roscoe36 likes this.
  12. LA Dre

Well at least we weren't the first team to go fishing...see ya Grizz

and hopefully not the second...

13. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not sure if others have been following D-Mo in Rockets-Warriors series, but he has been playing well.

Averaging 10 points and six rebounds in under 20 minutes a game.

Per 36, puts him at 18 points, 11 rebounds (5 offensive), and 1 three.

He has been starting for them the last three games and contributing with solid defense, great hustle, and good offensive production.

Seeing how poorly Harris, Tolliver, and Baynes have been playing in the playoffs, we could have used some solid defense and great hustle next to Andre or backing him up, makes me significantly question the decision to turn the trade down earlier in the year.

I don't even want to hear about chemistry, because other than Reggie/Dre/SJ I see very little chemistry with this team.

Why couldn't D-Mo and/or M-Tho help us out?

coynejeremy likes this.
  14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If I knew the winning numbers, I could do really well in the lottery.

Walter, coynejeremy and Mogilny like this.
  15. BillLaimbeer

7, 49, and 28.

Some of us questioned the "back out" at the time of the trade nixing.

16. roscoe36

Y'all are going to look really foolish when we sweep the next 4 games and advance in the playoffs without your beloved D-Mo.

coynejeremy likes this.
  17. Mogilny

Mogilny All-Star Forum Donor

Let's revise this 2026 and see how his back held up.

roscoe36 and coynejeremy like this.
  18. BillLaimbeer

I just thought the entire thing was bizarre. The dude was playing a couple days after the trade was called off. Once we draft Denzel Valentine, I will probably be fine.

coynejeremy and roscoe36 like this.
  19. roscoe36

It may have been bizarre. It may have been the best or worst move in the history of the franchise.

Hindsight like the National Enquirer is great for entertainment, but it isn't useful until we can create effective time travel.

20. junior

junior All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

"Why study history? The answer is because we virtually must, to gain access to the laboratory of human experience. When we study it reasonably well, and so acquire some usable habits of mind, as well as some basic data about the forces that affect our own lives, we emerge with relevant skills and an enhanced capacity for informed citizenship, critical thinking, and simple awareness. [...]. Between the inescapable minimum and the pleasure of deep commitment comes the history that, through cumulative skill in interpreting the unfolding human record, provides a real grasp of how the world works." -- Why Study History? (1998)

coynejeremy likes this.