1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

MSU 2016 MSU Football- B1G Champions

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Feb 1, 2016.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Words cannot express what a disaster this season is after the 10 season ride. Hard to believe the Spartans going from Big Ten champion to the B1G cellar in one season.

roscoe36 likes this.
  2. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

I thought they would be better. I'm quite surprised. I agree with DT that the QB situation isn't good. Lewerke's passing numbers were lousy yesterday, but his running numbers were good. But they'll be back. The game against M looms large now. The shoe is on the other foot. Recently, M has wanted to salvage a season by beating S. The good news is S fans will get to see a bunch of replays from last year's triumphant win.

roscoe36 and Darth Tater like this.
  3. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

But the bad news for S is all of the Michigan players and staff have seen it too. That loss still eats away at those people and fans too. Michigan in all likelihood is going to blow them out. It is not like Michigan State did anything wrong or unsportsmanlike by winning. But that is the team that humiliated them and they will try to humiliate them back. Plus the fans at least were constantly rubbing it in their faces. Any team would love loved win that way against anyone. The teams are taught to hate each other in way or another and that is what makes it fun. Michigan State beat Michigan a laughingstock last year in Michigan is going to repay the favor. I think it will take away some of the sting for now but I think that loss will always burn. So if Michigan wins by 40-50 ( unless Michigan State plays hard throughout AND DOES NOT GIVE UP, like they always appear to, it could be in the 70's). 72-10 is a lot worse than my best case 42-17. I think it is more likely my worst case 56-3. Harbal will put in his reserves but later than usual. He will want them to get in on the fun but the starters can score more and he will get every point he can squeeze out of it. I think Dantonio did the same. I know I would do it.

The only good that I can see happening for Michigan State and it's fans that if during a 73-0 game the camera catches Harbaugh eating a bugger or two. I never wanted to see anybody doing that but in this case I would not miss it for the world and would watch that over and over again to get me through the winter as far as that match up is concerned. How could this happen while Dantonio is coach?

I can say one thing. I never took any of the last decade for granted. I truly appreciated and savored every single moment. Michigan State fans were very lucky to have such a run. Being this crappy does not make up for it but IF it is only for this year than it can be easily pushed aside. The problem is I don't think so. There are dumb decisions and I just never feel like these guys play with heart. They do for short periods they are out of control. The only positive of the season was that for one game, while we thought Notre Dame was good, we thought Michigan State was still going to be pretty good and felt good about it. Other than that including the Furman game the season has been a train wreck. Looking back, they really COULD have lost that game. We all felt, and Dantonio made it sound like they were in control the whole way, but at one point late in the game in the fourth quarter, I think there were like 10 minutes left, Furman had every chance of winning that one. With a couple of breaks they would've one. They ALMOST became OUR Appalachian State! Luckily, we are not allowed to play those teams anymore, so Michigan State is safe next year and further in the future during this mess.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Cloudwalker - Detroit Pistons - Tablecloth

5. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 All-Star Forum Donor

I don't think it will be a blowout. Of course, I said that against Alabama, too.

6. Nemo

Nemo Over 60 Club Forum Donor

When the last UM coach brought in our current senior class
    ...they were considered the 2nd best class in the nation.
    Good players being coached by Harbaugh...could get ugly.
    Like I said earlier in the season...a chance for Dantonio to prove himself.

roscoe36 and basketbills like this.
  7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

UM 37
    MSU 3

roscoe36 and Nemo like this.