1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

MSU 2016 MSU Football- B1G Champions

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Oh I guess I better predict.

I am always wrong so

Northwestern 24

MSU 20

whatever_gong82 and roscoe36 like this.
  2. Darth Tater

Northwestern is just having their way with Michigan State. Michigan State cannot stop them on third down and the offense doing nothing and it just get worse as it goes. Dantonio even lowered himself to the hiding the quarterback game. It did not matter. This is just a bad team I don't know what to say. I knew it would be a tough year but I thought that meant seven or eight wins. If they did not win this game they will not even get to six. Maybe these guys have too many stars and Dantonio doesn't know how to work with anyone who is not a two or three star player? I am not able to watch it on TV but I'm listening to Blaha on the radio. I know everyone here loves them but I think he sucks too based on his popularity in the game that we played.

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. Nemo

Nemo Over 60 Club Forum Donor

State's down.............40-31 to start the 4th quarter.

I'm going to have to start reading the pundits more to see what the issues are.
    With Michigan...it simply was the coach. Can't agree to that here.

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's definitely a strange slump.

5. Nemo

6. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

O'Connor came in and played good. His whole demeanor seemed different and he was really throwing well. I think if MSU can finish the way the Lions did last year it could carry over in to next season. Maybe Lewerke will be ready.

roscoe36 and Darth Tater like this.
  7. Darth Tater

I expected this season to be trying. But not a train wreck. All S fans can hope for now is progress. They seem to be going backwards at the moment. I thought for sure they would be behind O and M. Maybe W, N, and I. But THIS?

roscoe36 and Nemo like this.
  8. Nemo

9. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

This should be a one year bump in the road, unless it gets so bad that it significantly impacts recruiting. But with the recent success and the same coach, it should be easy to convince recruits that they'll be joining a winner.

I'd prefer it if the big ten was the new ACC with perennial powerhouses.

roscoe36 likes this.
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

coynejeremy, roscoe36 and Nemo like this.
  11. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't understand. The stadium doesn't have lights?

12. detteam

detteam All-Star

No. They have been rolling in portables (upper left in the pic) for late afternoon and night games for years. Pretty sure they do the same in Ann Arbor, or at least they use to.

13. Darth Tater

H'

I couldn't decipher your meaning there (?) but I read that on Sunday. I was like WTF??? His team lost and he's giving himself a good grade...and that wasn't a B+ even that if they had won. Good team player, huh?

14. Nemo

We have people here who issue the B+ grade...on a regular basis.
    Seemed like some humor to me..........

basketbills likes this.
  15. Nemo

In my other league...my team is in 1st place.
    My opponent this week is the 2nd place team.
    My team name over there is "Just Win Baby".
    My Chicago receiver crapped out on Thursday.
    Now....I'm a 1.5 point underdog.

16. Darth Tater

My receiver did too with kess than two points. that is because the old Michigan State quarterback, who I don't even know how we got in the pros, is doing really good. Rather he was, he broke his arm in that game and Matt Barkley the old Eagles quarterback took over. And Barkley is horrible I don't know how he is still playing either. I may have to drop my receiver why just got a couple games ago because he was doing great. I will give it one more game probably.

17. Darth Tater

I know Michigan State has a lot of teams in the pros, but why are you posting this here anyhow? Well, you might as well they doing nothing anyhow so there's nothing to talk about that's good. I will listen to the game on the radio there's a crappy ESPN will cover him and I don't really care I'm just doing it for something to do. They don't get a good draft choice so they may as well when and there's a sliver of chance they can win a ticket to the Pizza bowl. Or the Idaho potato bowl.

These guys would beat Michigan State right now

Schools are refusing to take on this high school football team - The Washington Post

18. Darth Tater

Well at least I'm here. But I forgot to post a score so I got to be a good sport I don't like it when other people are not. Michigan state is going to play their best game yet

Maryland 27
    MSU 17.

:jail::swear2:

roscoe36 likes this.
  19. Darth Tater

OK, after a whole year of predicting the wrong team and being way off on the scores, of course I got this one right almost exact. I didn't count on the missing an extra point . :bs:

If the radio announcers were correct then the refs were making a penalties they all but said that they were paid off. Michigan State was have really low IQs. Riley B. gets a couple roughing calls and then gets kicked out even though the announcer said it was BS. The coaches called idiot place why in the hell did Michigan State go for a fake play when I was a tie game and it was a few from halftime Stead of kicking the damn 43 yard field goal. Is the kicker that bad? Well, if I thought it was going to only be this year then it would be much easier to stomach but even though Dantoni is a good coach it looks like he really screwed up the recruiting this year . He does not know how to coach anyone with over three stars. The talent is scarce who do they have maybe Donnie Corley but is dropping balls right left so so much for that. Lewerke did fair but they ran the ball 90% of the time. It's fine because Maryland has a terrible running defense but you have to throw the ball now and then because they always know the run is coming since it's easy to defend since they don't have to have their cornerbacks any farther than 5 yards out. Defense still could not get off the field on third down and long. I really am trying to think of one positive thing just one that has come out of this season so far. Special teams suck. Defense sucks and nobody is standing out but Malik when he isn't doing something bone headed.

And here comes number three Michigan. Prediction

Best case scenario
    Michigan 42
    MSU 17

Worst case scenario
    Michigan 57
    MSU. 3
    I mean it could not be worse than that you would hope if you're a Michigan State fan. But Harbaugh loves running up the score and he hates Michigan State in Michigan it's a lot better and I could see them putting up 60 or more points easily. But I will thinMichigan it's a lot better and I could see them putting up 60 or more points easily. But I think MSU Will play with a little bit of pride at first. I can even see the first half POSSIBLY being close and then them getting blown out in the second half. Team seems to give up when things go a little wrong and then they go really wrong. yeah I have been critical of the team all year and even moreso as the season goes on. But guess what. I AM HERE.

Someone suggested we root for W. Michigan. The Lions were bad for 50 years. My love for football all but died. MSU had a great eight years or so Plus even if they ARE bad for 50 years I certainly will not be around and maybe football will not even be around probably not no I would do not think it will disappear within 10 years like others think. But 50 years yeah it's gone. we will do something else brutal and fun like throwing LeBron James to the lions. . NOT THE Lions who are toothless and were declawed long ago. I do not think it is a question of who will win the Super Bowl first the Lions or the Eagles. I think the question is whether one will win the Super Bowl before it is nonexistent. Well at least the Eagles went to a Super Bowl although that was before I rooted for them. The Eagles have been fun to watch and they restored my love for football but there is no way I would pick them again knowing what I do now. Not that they been sucky since I picked him them. But because The fans in announcers on the radio that I've heard or read about are total jackasses ( not all but the majority that I've heard ). I did not like the players either. McCoy and the Desean Jackson are jerks, IMO. McNabb was one of my favorite players but the more I heard from him afterwards he was arrogant. Oh, and do not even get me started on Riley Cooper. I actually liked Michael Vick. I think he grew up and did a total turnaround. A whole lot of people do not do that even after they hit rock bottom. The general manager is a weasel . The owner seems like a good guy but I don't think he knows what he's doing either. Anyhow, that is my team and I'm not switching at least for the 50 years I even though I will only make it to a small fraction of.

Well, last week I went oh and three with my pro team, my college team , and my fantasy team. well at least I cannot possibly be any WORSE than last week. All of the Spartans losses bothered me, the Eagles lost of the Lions was the worst. My one fantasy loss never did bother me. I played the wrong QB which cost me 25 points and it would've bothered me but my opponent scored a ton of points in the last game which went into overtime and he scored a lot in the overtime and fourth-quarter so even with the proper quarterback I would've lost by five or so points. Michigan State started off good for a couple of games and then they totally sucked. The Eagles we're good for three games and now they suck too and there are some really bad signs for my fantasy team that all popped up within this week. But at least I was not the guy who dropped Davante Adams A few days before he put up 45 points on Thursday. So things can always get worse. The problem is the season they keep doing it! And the game with Michigan next week coming back to where I started this post withMichigan State the Michigan game is going to be nasty. Expecting it takes a little bit of the sting out, and the game doesn't matter anyhow other then because it's Michigan. *Sighs*.

roscoe36 likes this.
  20. Darth Tater

Not moi. I did not have blinders when it comes to Michigan State you must be talking about certain other fans.

roscoe36 likes this.