1. PF.com is also on Facebook. Follow/Like us Here.
    Dismiss Notice

MSU 2016 Michigan State Football

Discussion in 'Football, Baseball, and Hockey' started by Darth Tater, Jul 13, 2016.

?

How many games does MSU win this (regular) season

Poll closed Aug 30, 2016.
  1. 11-12

16.7%
  2. 9-10

50.0%
  3. 8

33.3%
  4. 7 (minimal needed to go Bowling)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 5 or less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

What to expect? I do not know. Seems like everyone graduated and are going to be NfL. All (I think) I know is that coach Dantonio will get the most out of his guys but what does that mean? It looks like a very good squad, but I believe this year will be rough despite playing Ohio State at home. I believe MSU will have a winning record but beyond that, I certainly don't expect much. We've already been told that Michigan has been awarded a spot in the playoffs this year so forget about winning the conference championship. 2nd place to Ohio State since both Michigan and OSU cannot be co-champs. So that is two losses we're told. I think Sparty should just concede those games and use the weeks to rest up for games they haven't already lost.

Maybe just give Notre Dame a free pass too, although that means that MSU gets byes in weeks 2 and 3. What a joke. They play Furman High week one so I expect (hope) that should not be more than a glorified scrimmage (East Middle Tennessee who??) Then a well deserved rest. NOT! A bye before they play even ONE game in which to break a sweat? What a joke. So when they get banged up against Big Ten teams they get no chance to heal. Like 2 weeks to prepare for Notre Dame will do a bit of good as they still have no idea what they have after what SHOULD be a 50 point victory. That means the starters all get no practice before ND as their bye should begin after the first half. WTH?

Why bother predicting individual games? Do I remember the "experts" predicting 7.5 wins? They had an off year after Kirk Cousins left and they needed a QB. Maxwell was worthless. Will Tyler O. be as bad? Worse (if that is even possible)? Or will he surprise us?

roscoe36 likes this.
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 5x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That is cool that Dantonio is going to take the team bowling if they win 7 games. I love when coaches do fun things like that!

[​IMG]

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. Darth Tater

Mea culpa. I need to be more explicit in my posts. :doh: I keep forgetting the kind of clientele this place attracts*.

*One would think that with all the Big bux we pay to Rascoe each week (through @coynejeremy@coynejeremy ) that this joint would become a little more upscale. Sometimes I wonder if CJ isn't holding out on the big kahuna? :noidea: Nah. Shame on me for even THINKING that :nono: ...although it IS beyond me why he always insists on cashiers checks, made out to "payee" to be deposited in a swiss bank account . :spy:

roscoe36 likes this.
  4. Nemo

Nemo Over 60 Club Forum Donor

5. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

roscoe36 likes this.
  6. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Wow

roscoe36 likes this.
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

You guys need to link this stuff. Who is his Dad?

8. Darth Tater

Nemo linked it above ^^ 4 posts

9. Darth Tater

10. roscoe36

No, link the tweets.

11. Darth Tater

Oh :sorry: . Has anyone seen my lost tin foil hat? Oh, never mind...here it is on my head. :tinfoil3:

12. basketbills

13. roscoe36

Darth Tater and basketbills like this.
  14. Nemo

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2016
    coynejeremy, roscoe36 and Darth Tater like this.
  15. Darth Tater

Wow. I read the tweets. He is looney tool and vicious and ignorant to boot. But honestly, if I'm an NFL executive I still take Cook idmf I like his play. Conversely, if I'm a college coach or AD, I avoid him because then the smdas has a lot more influence on him. But maybe NFL executives DID see signs of those traits in Connor Cook and therefore, IMO, they should be wary of him.

What a POS a-hole that father is. The dad thing surprised me but the really shocking part to me is that a great guy with values like Dantonio seemed to be defending him telling the reporter to check their facts. . Maybe Mark needs to check HIS facts...i.e. the incriminating tweets. It's to bad this happened with MSU. If it happened to U of M I would say the same things and people would call me a biased hater. Just like the Brady stuff. I don't hate Brady but his behavior, as I personally perceived it disgusted me. This is different but I feel the same way about it. It's not right.
    Likewise, if any MSU fans in the world see this and call me a traitor you can kiss my_ _ _!! :angrysoapbox:

roscoe36 likes this.
  16. Nemo

17. basketbills

This explains why a lot of the MSU faithful are so obsessed with coach Harbaugh.

roscoe36 and Nemo like this.
  18. Nemo

MSU fans spend an inordinate amount of time pondering Michigan.
    Hate, envy, loathing, respect are all included in the vast cauldron of feelings
    drawn to the surface.I DO like the Sparty mascot when he roams the sidelines
    beating down other mascots................or villains.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A44N9MPOl9s

roscoe36 and basketbills like this.
  19. Darth Tater

@basketbills@basketbills

Funny, it can also be perceived as M fans obsession with their own notion that MSU fans are obsessed with Harbaugh. M fans like to believe that everything revolves around them. Michigan State fans acknowledge that Harbaugh is one of the best coaches in college football, as do Michigan fans acknowledge that Dantonio is one of the best too. What's the difference? It's the SEC that has problems with Harbaugh not the B1G teams. Both MSU and M enjoy beating the snot out of each other, whether or not M fans are willing to admit the days of M and OSU dominating the conference hasn't existed most of the past decade. In fact, S dominated M (no pun intended) for the last 7 of 8 years. I think MSU had their hands full with Wisconsin and OSU over that period of time. M hasn't even figured in the equation, although I suspect M will soon also become a force now that they have a competent coach.

Yes, it is true that "Mike Dantoni" plays the disrespect card to help motivate his team, especially where M is concerned. Other coaches run around topless to excite their players passions. Hey, whatever works! MSU's been disrespected the last few years, IMO, whereas the minute M does something well they're the media choice to play in the NCAA chamionship. Actually, MSU was picked to play in it last year but they had to earn that respect, albeit grudgingly, over a period of several years. Guess what? They made it. Unfortunately for them they were humiliated after Cook's game changing interception as the first half closed against what proved to be the best team in NCAA football.

roscoe36 and BillLaimbeer like this.
  20. basketbills

OK, I'll play that game. Clearly MSU fans are obsessed with the notion that UM fans are obsessed with the idea that MSU fans are obsessed with Harbaugh,

roscoe36, BillLaimbeer and Nemo like this.